Azure

3DS Friend Code: 1091-8504-5380
BE THERE AND BE SQUARE
Spoiler: show

this'll have ponies one day
Skype in the off chance that you'd like to talk to me: AzureLancet

Shadow Mare

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2013 Oct 21, 14:28:44
Bonnie at the lumiose city gym / prism tower gives you best friend ribbon for your pokemon, but she doesn't check your pokemon's happiness so only affection.

I wouldn't mind adding u guys for friend safari. I only have 2 people from here on my friend roster. I may have a battle partner on my hands, but i have to ask her to be my partner for 4-player battle and she's the one and only person that i'm battling against.

If you guys added me for friend safari, please give me a PM with a notice so i can add u guys to my friend roster

Dude just add us.

Rikaria

Quote from: Azure on 2013 Oct 21, 11:21:36
By wearing a fedora and vinyl pants I get half price on Lumiose taxi fares.
It's like the opposite of real life.

That's not how Lumiose City's style system works. It's actually based off of events that you do. There's a list of it on serebii.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Nala Valor

I got a second event torchic through wonder trade  :3 sadly, I didn't need it so I traded it again and got a stupid furfrou with like the worst stats I've seen so far for a furfrou.

Also, Pyroar is such a monster when EV trained like mine. :3 LV40 and taking down LV55/60 in 1 hit.

GoldenTerrabyte

Got a Sylveon! CUUUUUUTE!
I'm back

KirbyFluttershy

I know where you guys can check your pokemon's happiness. It's in Lavarre City at the pokemon Fan club. There's like 2 people in the Pokemon Fan Club. one of them Checks how well you EV trained your pokemon and rewards you with an effort ribbon like in R/S/E and D/P/Pl and the other will check your pokemon's happiness based on these 2 quotes I found out so far.

If No Happiness, "Hmmm... I think you have a lot of ahead of you to get to know one another better"

If Max Happiness, "It's amazingly Friendly toward you! It must be so happy spending every day with you"

I'm doing breeding experiments for now, but I have to get most of my pokemon at a high level first before I start breeding.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2013 Oct 21, 16:57:04
I got a second event torchic through wonder trade  :3 sadly, I didn't need it so I traded it again and got a stupid furfrou with like the worst stats I've seen so far for a furfrou.

Also, Pyroar is such a monster when EV trained like mine. :3 LV40 and taking down LV55/60 in 1 hit.

Do all Furfrous have bad stats? o.O I was thinking of catching one when I get the game.

I still have no idea what EV training is. :P Or what the other one, IV I think, is.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

GoldenTerrabyte

Not sure, but if you ever hear about something called STAB, it's this:
Same Type Attack Boost
Basically, it means if the Pokémon is the same type as the move it uses, that move will be more powerful.
I'm back

Rikaria

2013 Oct 21, 21:51:12 #468 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 21, 21:53:41 by Rikaria
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Oct 21, 20:43:20
I still have no idea what EV training is. :P Or what the other one, IV I think, is.

I didn't really care about both at first. Now it's pretty much become a regular thing for me.

- EV's, or Effort Values, are points you get from defeating Pokémon (the ones you get, though, vary by Pokémon), using the vitamin drinks (Protein, Iron, etc.) and Wings (Health Wing, Clever Wing, etc.), and now from Super Training. (If you played Pokémon Black 2/White 2, there was also a Dojo where you could EV train your Pokémon... for a price.) Every 4 EV's in a stat = 1 actual point added to that stat. These aren't noticeable right away due to how they're "spread out" across levels, but trust me, it's worth it. You can also lower EV's using certain berries or the new Reset punching bag from Super Training in case you mess up somewhere.

A Pokémon can only have up to 510 EV's total, and they can only have up to 255 EV's in one stat. But since 4 EV's = 1 stat point, raising it up to 255 is pointless, so instead it's best to stop at 252. An example of this would be: 252 EV's in both Attack and Special Attack, then the last 6 go to HP. Even though the last two points won't do anything more for the HP stat, what other way would you spend them on?

By the way, using the vitamin drinks will only raise a particular EV to 100, so you can only use up to 10 of them for one stat.

- IV's, or Individual Values, are basically bonus stats a Pokémon is "born with". They add on to their current stats, and they can't be changed unless you breed; rather, the baby will receive IV's (depending on certain conditions).

If this still confused you, I'm really sorry; I'm actually kinda bad at explaining stuff x.x

Shadow Mare

I never bother with EVs, its tedious.

KirbyFluttershy

Here's a question: If you trade a legendary pokemon for a non-legend pokemon, like muk for example, is it a bad offer and deal?

GoldenTerrabyte

Yes. I traded my legendaries off one time, and regretted it.
Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2013 Oct 21, 21:53:03
Same here, and I do just fine without it.
I'm back

Rikaria

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2013 Oct 21, 21:53:03

EV training is actually really easy to do now thanks to Super Training and (if you have the stuff for it) hordes. It's IV's that are a pain.

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2013 Oct 21, 21:57:37
Here's a question: If you trade a legendary pokemon for a non-legend pokemon, like muk for example, is it a bad offer and deal?

Depends on the situation:

1) Do you have more than one of said Legendary?
2) Are you trying to get a Pokémon you need?
3) If no to 1, do you have a way of getting said Legendary again?

Of course, if you don't really care for said Legendary, go ahead. It's all up to you, though.

KirbyFluttershy

Well That's true, but It would be a bad offer and deal if you trade your legendary pokemon for a non-legend pokemon like muk for example because Once you're at post-game and traded your legendary pokemon before post-game, it can't be re-obtained again unless you can get it off from a trade.

There's a saying "It takes a good or best offer to make a good trade or deal".

Rikaria

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2013 Oct 21, 22:18:20
Well That's true, but It would be a bad offer and deal if you trade your legendary pokemon for a non-legend pokemon like muk for example because Once you're at post-game and traded your legendary pokemon before post-game, it can't be re-obtained again unless you can get it off from a trade.

There's a saying "It takes a good or best offer to make a good trade or deal".

Hasn't been the case with me for Wonder Trade... I keep offering Larvesta (which normally can't be found, btw) with PokéRUS but get "beginner Route" Pokémon in return ._. (PokéRUS is a beneficial virus for your Pokémon for EV training, for those wondering.)

GoldenTerrabyte

If it can't be found, how'd you get it? Transferring is not yet possible.
I'm back

Rikaria

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Oct 21, 22:38:21
If it can't be found, how'd you get it? Transferring is not yet possible.

Friend Safaris.

GoldenTerrabyte

Is it possible to find older generation starters in some Friend Safaris?
I'm back

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Oct 21, 22:57:26
Is it possible to find older generation starters in some Friend Safaris?

It's possible, but the pokemon and the type of the friend safaris are randomized so you can't tell which pokemon you'll be getting and you can find and reveal 1-3 pokemon in that Friend Safari. Some Pokemon are in their evolved forms so you have to breed one to get their 1st evolution forms.

I wish GB sounds were back though. I like to hear the music of this game in GB sounds mode or either way in 8-bit mode.

The Music I like best in this game was Route 7 and 8, Lumiose City, The Wild Pokemon and Vs. Trainer Battle Music, Aquacorde Town, and Battle Chateau which is similiar to the Battle Frontier music in HG/SS.

Nala Valor

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Oct 21, 20:43:20
Quote from: Nala Valor on 2013 Oct 21, 16:57:04

Do all Furfrous have bad stats? o.O I was thinking of catching one when I get the game.

no no, furfrou is really powerful and can take lots of hit phisicaly with its ability and its generally good spdef. The one I got just had a negative def nature for a special attack bonus and had like the worst IV so it would like have the worst possible stat for a furfrou. That part only helped cause I needed a surfing pokemon and he could learn it.

Go Up