Super Mario Thread [Share your Super Mario Maker levels here!]

Started by Jenzy, 2012 Dec 15, 13:28:32

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jenzy

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 Oct 22, 13:17:42
Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Oct 21, 23:07:36
Spoiler: One of the returning tracks in MKDS... that returns again in MK8 • show

Spoiler: Comparison video • show
It'll play in normal speed at first, but the next part slows it down.

Hmm, interesting that they are starting to bring back retro tracks they have already brought back before...
I guess it was kind of given, seeing as they were running out of tracks, but I sort of hope for the next game they would drop the whole "retro cups" in favor for just making all of the tracks new! I'd take 32 new tracks over 16 old and 16 new anyday ^-^

I'm wondering if that shortcut thing is back. And I haven't seen any anti-gravity sections. Or any glider pads/underwater areas. It still looks amazing however, and interesting to see a track return for the 2nd time since DS.

It's really cute how the shoe now has a little town area. ^-^

Rikaria

To answer your question:

Quote from: Mario Kart WikipediaThe second shortcut comes right after the tunnel, and it requires the player to use another Mushroom to propel themselves from the course into a tunnel, which emerges into a straightway. There are also Double Item Boxes in the tunnel. This second shortcut is removed in both DS and Wii U versions.

Spoiler: Another track in the upcoming DLC pack • show

No, you're not seeing things. The track DOES change each time you play it, though the Time Trial version will always be preset.

In more MK8 news, incoming update next week! Also, here's all the compatible amiibo for it.

In other Mario--err... Luigi news: apparently there's an arcade version of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon/2 being worked on.

EDIT: Here's all the Mario-related things in today's Nintendo Direct:

Spoiler: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker all(?) levels trailer • show

Spoiler: MK8 DLC pack 1 trailer (probably contails all the tracks) • show

Spoiler: MK8 amiibo trailer • show

Spoiler: EDIT 2: How to scan and use amiibo costumes (and previewing a certain re-remade track) • show
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Itty Bit

So Mario Kart DLC is out! The courses are pretty nifty, I like the F-zero track the most out of all of them!
When amiibo comes out, do you guys think the Mario Kart Amiibo feature will influence your choice in what to get any? I never really play as my mii, so it won't affect me all that much~

Rikaria

I got a Link amiibo for three games (four if you count both versions of SSB4 separately), this being one of them obviously, so uhh... yeah :P

Really wondering what they plan on doing when more of them come out, because I'd LOVE a Lucario costume *-*

EDIT: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is now out for North America!
Spoiler: MAJOR SPOILERS! • show
If you have save data from Super Mario 3D World, you get a neat bonus!

Itty Bit

It looks awfully cute, and I loved the Captain Toad stages, but I think I might wait a little later on down the line to get it, as I need to save up my money now ^^;
Maybe once I finish moving, I can try it out C:

Rikaria

Just finished reading a very interesting article about a fan who not only did the music but also the sound effects of MK8... all on piano!
Spoiler: Here's the video • show

Spoiler: EDIT: Have some Mario Kart treats... and some special surprises! • show

EDIT 2: Have a very interesting crossover involving one of the most popular puzzle series (mainly in Japan, but there's been success overseas as well) that actually will come out over here on May 20 (it will also come with Puzzle & Dragons Z):

Jenzy

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars has released on March 5th. The first cross-buy game from Nintendo. You get both versions for just $20.

As a little treat, if you have the game, feel free to play my first posted level! If not, well, just stare at this image for a while, I guess. Or praise level design. Whatever floats your boat. ;)

Quote from: MiiverseI'm returning/remixing/making new levels for my Slide Series from Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!

I hope you enjoy this first level. After 3 Slide levels, a standard level will be posted.

Mario Party 10 is almost here along with the new Super Mario series amiibo!

The Gold Edition Mario amiibo also releases on the day those other amiibo and game come out. March 20th! Which is my birthday!

Rikaria

200cc is confirmed to be free DLC for Mario Kart 8. Of course, there will also be new amiibo costumes and the highly anticipated DLC Pack 2. (For the record, I highly doubt Japan would do an April Fool's Day Nintendo Direct.)

Spoiler: Anyway, here are some videos of said content • show

In other news, Super Mario 64, Super Mario 64 DS, and Mario Kart DS are now available on the Wii U eShop.

Jenzy

Itty Bit

So I'm really loving this new DLC.
My favorite new track is Ribbon Road! It's sooo much fun to race on!

Rikaria

Ribbon Road has WAY too many references... I keep wanting to look back ><

Anyway, as much as I hate segmented tracks, I really liked Big Blue out of this whole pack.

Poli

Dat p-wing kart... O:  It makes me feel like i'm speed racer.

Rikaria

3-starred every single Grand Prix... Got absolutely nothing... Oh well.

At least you can still race 200cc online via custom rooms, VR included.

Jenzy

The Egg Cup was the craziest cup for me to 3-Star in 200cc.

It's still a nice included mode. 3-Stars really give that sense of accomplishment. As it says in most of the trophies...

"PROFESSIONAL KART RACING DISTINGUISHED DRIVER"

Posted a couple of Highlight Reels for 200cc. First one involves a glitch, and the second one is one of my close finishes.
Not a shortcut glitch, but still a pretty wild one. Not sure what caused it. It only happened once.

Rikaria

I hope that's just a COM glitch and not one everyone can use...

EDIT: Not sure how many of you are puzzle fans, but the Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition demo is now available for everyone. Also, if you're a digital downloader, you can pre-purchase/pre-load the full version of the game (well... games; you'll see what I mean) ahead of time so you only have to download a small part of it when it actually gets released. Also, if you purchase the game before the end of this month, you get a code which you can use in the full game to unlock a special dungeon. GameStop stores will also be giving a code if you decide to buy a physical copy instead.

EDIT 2: Seeing as Yoshi is part of the Mario universe, this should be relevant (particularly to those getting Yoshi's Wooly World): http://nintendoeverything.com/yoshis-woolly-world-also-works-with-non-yoshi-amiibo-for-design-unlocks/

EDIT 2a: Here's two videos showing the many different patterns you can play as:

Apparently we can't use Pokémon amiibo to unlock Pokémon skins, though...

EDIT 3: After watching Nintendo World Championships 2015, I'm 1000% getting Super Mario Maker now.

Jenzy

This thread could probably be used to share Super Mario Maker level codes or something... when the game comes out in September 11... ^-^

The price is the standard $59.99. Who's going to get the game on the day it comes out? Are you intimidated by the price and would rather wait, or are you ready to give Nintendo your loot and create some great levels?!

Rikaria

2015 Sep 10, 17:12:49 #396 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 10, 22:11:04 by Rikaria
I already have it paid off, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get ahold of any bundles... Really hoping I'll be able to get the 8-bit Mario amiibo (Retro or Modern), though.

I'm sure there will be some players who will "timejump" (can't think of what to call it) just to unlock everything on Day 1, but I'm actually gonna wait the full nine days. Also, I already have a list of stuff I wanna try out after looking at so many videos as well as wanting to try something with the music blocks.

EDIT: Change of plans: the nine day unlocking system was removed in a 1.01 patch!

Jenzy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Sep 10, 17:12:49
I already have it paid off, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get ahold of any bundles... Really hoping I'll be able to get the 8-bit Mario amiibo (Retro or Modern), though.

I'm sure there will be some players who will "timejump" (can't think of what to call it) just to unlock everything on Day 1, but I'm actually gonna wait the full nine days. Also, I already have a list of stuff I wanna try out after looking at so many videos as well as wanting to try something with the music blocks.

EDIT: Change of plans: the nine day unlocking system was removed in a 1.01 patch!

Initial reaction: Aww, lame. That's even worse than having to wait 9 days to "unlock" stuff, now they're just making it all available?!
After reading: Ah, I understand now. The reward-based unlocking method is much better than having to wait or time travel. Would have taken it more negatively if everything was unlocked at the start.

Rikaria

2015 Sep 11, 15:32:47 #398 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 11, 16:10:02 by Rikaria
You can still actually "timejump" 2h 15m ahead if you're impatient, but since you'll be playing the game for a while anyway... Yeah X3

EDIT: Obligatory:

Billow Pillow

Two Mario Maker levels I've created thus far.  I plan to create more tomorrow. :nod:

Drop the Bomb:
ID: F88D-0000-002A-34EC

Emblems, and Dungeons!  Oh my!
ID: 26B2-0000-0025-6E17
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Go Up