Anime Anypony?

Started by ShadowHeart, 2012 Aug 19, 20:06:15

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2012 Aug 19, 22:20:41
The main reason I watch anime is for the voice actors and characters. I luv most anime characters and I love the english dubbed voice actors! I love Tod Haberkorn! He voices Italy, Death the Kid, and Hikaru! All my fave chars!  :D

Death the Kid. <3 And of course I loved Kaoru and Hikaru from Ouran HSHC. I love twins. :D Twinny twin twins.

Some voice actors are pretty good at sounding different all the time, but with some of them, you can tell right off the bat that it's them, just because a slight note to the voice sounds the same.
Like, the voice actor for Ichigo from Bleach. When I watched Durarara, the moment Izaya spoke, I thought "He sounds like an evil version of Ichigo." Same voice actor.
The VA for Edward Elric from FMA and FMA:B. When I watched Kekkaishi, and Toshimori spoke, he sounded exactly like Ed. When I watched Soul Eater, the moment Maka's dad Spirit started talking, he sounded kinda similar to Ed. Seriously, listen to him. He sounds different but with an undertone of Ed Elric.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

I only watched the 4kids dubs of Sonic X and Kirby when I was younger now I can't stand them mainly Sonic X, I can still handle kirby to some extent because of King DeDeDe and Meta Knights voice actors which sound awesome for the characters but anytime I decide to watch Sonic X for the heck of it I cringe now.

Ed's voice actor from Full Metal Alchemist is one of my favorite actors anytime he plays a character I always imagine the character throwing someone through a wall if you call them short, I actually liked FMA enough to play the games on PS2 which weren't that bad but were tedious.

Book Smarts

Tara Strong is best voice actor  :3

She had roles in Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke  ^-^

Chishio Kunrin

Toshimori from Kekkaishi didn't like being called short either. :P He was tailing his friend, who he has a crush on, when he overheard her saying she likes guys who're taller than her. In his mind, he envisioned himself and her and realized he was shorter than her, so he curled up in a ball of angst, while his other friend focused on the real situation going on. lol

Buuuut Spirit's not like that. He's not even short.

PrincessButton

I've been hoping for a thread like this, I love anime. I've seen quite a few different ones, and I'm always looking for suggestions of new shows to watch.  :D
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Aug 19, 23:13:42
I've been hoping for a thread like this, I love anime. I've seen quite a few different ones, and I'm always looking for suggestions of new shows to watch.  :D

Soul Eater's a pretty good one. ^-^ Contains lots of action and humor. It does have its dark moments, but not as dark as some other anime. I'd post an awesome AMV I found with Marilyn Manson's cover of This Is Halloween, but I think it borders on breaking forum rules. :P It really is pretty Halloween, though.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 19, 23:31:33

Soul Eater's a pretty good one. ^-^ Contains lots of action and humor. It does have its dark moments, but not as dark as some other anime. I'd post an awesome AMV I found with Marilyn Manson's cover of This Is Halloween, but I think it borders on breaking forum rules. :P It really is pretty Halloween, though.
*adds soul eater to list* and I love Marilyn Manson's cover of this is halloween!! :D
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Aug 19, 23:34:24
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 19, 23:31:33

*adds soul eater to list* and I love Marilyn Manson's cover of this is halloween!! :D

1. *High five* Yes! One of my friends hates that cover, but then again, he doesn't like Manson.
2. *Squee* I hope you'll like it.
3. Here's a comedic video instead:
Spoiler: show

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about MLP when Black Star said "Power of friendship." ovO

Rissian

I think I found a good FMA video to post, ah memories I need to watch this show again eventually. :3

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Chishio Kunrin

I prefer FMA Brotherhood to the first FMA anime, considering Brotherhood actually follows the manga. It's funny, the manga didn't finish until last year. The first anime caught up with the manga, asked "What now?" then shrugged and made up their own story. It was like someone's fanfiction got shown on TV.

Also, another minus of the first anime: It didn't have Ling Yao.

Rissian

I may end up watching more of FMA brotherhood then, it still comes on the cartoon network channel though if I want to see it from the beginning DVD's may be the best option to buy someday.  :D

SapphirePony

I love anime! I've been watching it since I was 2 or 3. My first anime was the original Pokemon. But here is a list of anime I watch today
Spoiler: I need to keep them here or they will run everywhere • show
Pokemon
Digimon
Wolf's Rain
Tokyo Mew Mew
FullMetal Alchemist (actually made me want to be an alchemist)
Baka and Test
Inuyasha
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (I don't like many of the others)
Spice and Wolf
Ginga Densetsu Weed
Ginga Nagreboshi Gin
Sonic X
I've tried some animes but didn't really like them *coughsouleatercough* I'm trying a lot of new animes since I'm running out of anime to watch.

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Aug 20, 00:23:50 #32 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 20, 00:28:36 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 19, 23:59:29
I may end up watching more of FMA brotherhood then, it still comes on the cartoon network channel though if I want to see it from the beginning DVD's may be the best option to buy someday.  :D

I think you can watch all the episodes on dubhappy.com. :]

I think the only thing they changed from the manga was one of the things that the first anime actually followed completely.
Spoiler. Are you sure?
[spoiler]Ok, then.
[spoiler]After Maes Hughes died, they did keep it secret from Ed for a long long while. But the FMA Brotherhood anime decided that since fans already watched that happen in the first anime several times, they apparently decided to skip it and just have Ed find out immediately after he gets lied to about Hughes's absence.
[/spoiler][/spoiler]
It made me kinda sad that they deviated in that way, but the rest of the anime was so close to the manga that it kind of made up for it. Ling Yao was exactly the same, Greed was exactly the same, Kimbley was definitely the same, etc and so forth.

*Cough* Those were my three fave characters from the series, by the way. Well, I do also like Roy Mustang.

Quote from: SapphirePony on 2012 Aug 20, 00:21:44
I love anime! I've been watching it since I was 2 or 3. My first anime was the original Pokemon. But here is a list of anime I watch today
Pokemon
Digimon
Wolf's Rain
Tokyo Mew Mew
Baka and Test
Inuyasha
Spice and Wolf
Ginga Densetsu Weed
Ginga Nagreboshi Gin
Sonic X
I've tried some animes but didn't really like them *coughsouleatercough* I'm trying a lot of new animes since I'm running out of anime to watch.

Oh yeah, I did also watch Digimon as a kid, but I barely got to watch any of it. I ended up watching about 40 episodes of it during the summer just to regain some of my childhood. Digimon > Pokemon

What about Soul Eater did you not like, by the way?

SapphirePony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 20, 00:23:50
Pokemon
Digimon
Wolf's Rain
Tokyo Mew Mew
Baka and Test
Inuyasha
Spice and Wolf
Ginga Densetsu Weed
Ginga Nagreboshi Gin
Sonic X

Oh yeah, I did also watch Digimon as a kid, but I barely got to watch any of it. I ended up watching about 40 episodes of it during the summer just to regain some of my childhood. Digimon > Pokemon

I thought that thing at the beginning was naked  :c

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Aug 20, 01:03:45 #34 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 20, 01:06:24 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: SapphirePony on 2012 Aug 20, 00:39:39
Pokemon
Digimon
Wolf's Rain
Tokyo Mew Mew
Baka and Test
Inuyasha
Spice and Wolf
Ginga Densetsu Weed
Ginga Nagreboshi Gin
Sonic X

[Edit]: Ohhhh wait. The freaky monster thing Maka fought. O: Yeah, that thing creeped me out. But there's nothing else like that in the show after that. She defeats it within the episode. All the other corrupted people they fight are a lot less.... blegh.. than that thing.

SapphirePony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 20, 01:03:45
Quote from: SapphirePony on 2012 Aug 20, 00:39:39
Pokemon
Digimon
Wolf's Rain
Tokyo Mew Mew
Baka and Test
Inuyasha
Spice and Wolf
Ginga Densetsu Weed
Ginga Nagreboshi Gin
Sonic X

[Edit]: Ohhhh wait. The freaky monster thing Maka fought. O: Yeah, that thing creeped me out. But there's nothing else like that in the show after that. She defeats it within the episode. All the other corrupted people they fight are a lot less.... blegh.. than that thing.
  lol Maybe I'll try it again *didn't get past a bit after the opening*

Chishio Kunrin

Oh goodness. Does anyone else here know about the 10 minute challenge videos on Youtube? Someone made one of Excalibur's song. :I Anyone here who has seen the Excalibur episodes of Soul Eater know that song. I bet whoever attempts that 10 minute challenge will be cursed to have that song stuck in their head.

Excaliburrrrr, Excaliburrrrrr. From the United K, I'ma lookin' for him. I'm goin' to Californiaaaaa.
Repeat that while imagining him dancing.

FOOL!

SapphirePony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 20, 01:28:30
Oh goodness. Does anyone else here know about the 10 minute challenge videos on Youtube? Someone made one of Excalibur's song. :I Anyone here who has seen the Excalibur episodes of Soul Eater know that song. I bet whoever attempts that 10 minute challenge will be cursed to have that song stuck in their head.

Excaliburrrrr, Excaliburrrrrr. From the United K, I'ma lookin' for him. I'm goin' to Californiaaaaa.

FOOL!

I just listened to it for 10 minutes but it didn't stick in my head  ovO Now I'm listening to 10 hours of it.
Spoiler: my thoughts on Excalibur's song • show
EXCALIBUR~!

Sonic Heart

I just watched  Ruroni Kenshin (dont remember if i finished it), Tsubasa (dont remember if i finished it), Yu Yu Hakusho, some Gundam series (Wing being my favourite) , DB, DBZ, DBGT, Naruto, and currently watching Naruto Shippuden.

I get why some pepole get bored with Naruto  lol, but i figured since i watched DBZ i needed to give Naruto a chance since it's a LOT more strategy than on DBZ, it's is not just a punch that sends you flying away in Naruto  :3.

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 20, 01:28:30

FOOL!

I don't think my sanity could handle a 10 minute loop, of any vocal song except maybe winter wrap up but even then.  ovO

Quote from: Sonic Heart on 2012 Aug 20, 06:18:32
I get why some pepole get bored with Naruto  lol, but i figured since i watched DBZ i needed to give Naruto a chance since it's a LOT more strategy than on DBZ, it's is not just a punch that sends you flying away in Naruto  :3.

I managed to get bored of DBZ after awhile, especially since half the battles were their own fault when that started happening is when I sort of dropped off it. Naruto started getting boring from all the fillers and the concept got old on me after watching it for so long I do still play the games though they are pretty fun.

Go Up