Obscure/underrated or forgotten games you've played.

Started by byndbored, 2012 Sep 18, 22:37:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ChilledEagle

Being a big fan of war games and such, I think these two games are underrated:

Blues-Music

Pokemon is the most underrated game known to mankind.I know everyone mostly loves it , but our love is not enough to measure its greatness  >:O.

Book Smarts

Savage was an awesome game and I miss it  DD:

Humans vs beasts (savages)

the game was all online and had the humans (starting with bows and then later guns) fighting against the savages who used nature and magic. One person on each team was elected to be the leaders; who would control resources mined by players, build a base, research tech, and send out attack orders. The game went on until one side destroyed the keep, or den of the opposing side.

Sea Foam

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Sep 20, 03:40:45
I'm not sure how underrated this one is either but it was one I had fun playing even though I never got around to beating it I can't remember why but I eventually got bored of it.

I believe this game is seen as underrated is because it was released around the same time as Chrono Cross. Seeing as how both games were made by Squaresoft, people gravitated to Chrono Cross because it was advertised more, than Threads of Fate; Chrono Cross being a sequel to the popular game Chrono Trigger.

Luckily, when I was younger, I didn't know  thing about advertising and I picked this game up. It's one of my favorite games on the PS1.  :3

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Nala Valor

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Sep 20, 11:47:00
Pokemon is the most underrated game known to mankind.I know everyone mostly loves it , but our love is not enough to measure its greatness  >:O.
No :l Pokemon is OVERrated. When they do a remake of a game they did the previous year and people that bought the first one still buy it.
BUT! There is a few games on OC of Pokemon that are underrated like pokemon Indigo and Pokemon trading card game online. That only a few people play even tough they're both awesome.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Sep 20, 03:40:45
I'm not sure how underrated this one is either but it was one I had fun playing even though I never got around to beating it I can't remember why but I eventually got bored of it.

Yeah, it's an interesting, I remember playing once  ^-^

Hotwheels Crash!

Kolth

Star Wars Episode 1: Racer was my first video game I ever played. Still suck at it, of course.  :l

And, obligatory, is Earthbound. Definitely not underrated, but of all of my friends I have ever asked exactly one had heard of it before I mentioned it.
So I can just put anything here?

Sea Foam

Quote from: Kolth on 2012 Sep 23, 20:51:39
Star Wars Episode 1: Racer was my first video game I ever played. Still suck at it, of course.  :l

And, obligatory, is Earthbound. Definitely not underrated, but of all of my friends I have ever asked exactly one had heard of it before I mentioned it.

Yes, I wouldn't say Earthboud, or any of the Mother games, are underrated, because they have a huge cult following. But, I would most certainly call them under-appreciated from those who don't know about the games.

Why do I never shut up about Mother games...?

Parasprite

2012 Sep 23, 22:35:14 #28 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 23, 22:37:16 by Parasprite
Quote from: ChilledEagle on 2012 Sep 20, 10:27:06
Being a big fan of war games and such, I think these two games are underrated:

I love you right now.  :3 I enjoy most of Novalogic's games. Do you have Joint Operations for Steam? Perhaps we could play a couple of games together!  X3

My underated games.

Nala Valor

star wars episode 1 racers... Was it on GBA? I think I have that ((and me too, I suck at that game))

CaptainBlue

I have yet to see another person say they played this game.So freakin' fun.  :3

Book Smarts

Podracers was so much fun, especially in the arcades where they had the ultimate machine with a chair that moved with your steering  :D

Rissian

Quote from: CaptainBlue on 2012 Sep 24, 00:03:17

I have yet to see another person say they played this game.So freakin' fun.  :3

I used to have this game, I liked it a lot but after awhile dungeon crawling got boring and I hated the freaking poison status effect.  :c

I can't remember but couldn't you also die of thirst? I'm not sure, one of these days I need to get the game again though.

Sea Foam

I suddenly remembered this game.

It was a long time ago, but I remember it being clever in its dialogue and quite funny.

Lary

Spoiler: show
Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Sep 24, 18:27:50
I suddenly remembered this game.

It was a long time ago, but I remember it being clever in its dialogue and quite funny.

I still play that. O:
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Sea Foam

I rented it once ages ago, so I only remember bits and pieces from what I played.
Sadly, I can't recall ever seeing another copy of the game outside that one Blockbuster.  :c

Book Smarts

This game was hard and had great music  :3
[/youtube]

SapphirePony

I forget what it's called, but I think 64 Nights, or something like that, It was for the PS1 and was extremely hard, and Spyro the Dragon for the PS1.

Pa_Kalsha

I've never met anyone else who's ever heard of - never mind played - this:

(frankly, I'm not surprised; I bought it from a petrol station and never saw it for sale anywhere else)

I thought this series was under-appreciated:

^ Best entry in the series, IMO

Probably because it was pitched as a game, rather than whatever the heck it really was (artificial life simulator). I learnt so much about biology from trying to keep the little critters alive.

This was great fun, but again, no-one I've ever met had heard of it:

I finally managed to complete it three years ago and went looking for the sequel. Given the price, Tombi 2 is definitely not an under-appreciated game.

And lastly, this game was always good if I had friends over:

Being able to switch out the game disc for a CD, to create new levels was HUGE for me. Infinite levels, none of which used naff pop music. Unfortunately, I'm a heavy metal/hard rock fan, so all the levels were utterly fiendish, but it was fun nonetheless.

EDIT: Fixed the image in the second spoiler
Pinkie Pie got a job in a clock factory - she spent all day making faces

www.cheerfulomelette.co.uk

Wandering Star

I DO have a copy of Azure Dreams and, actually, at least here in Spain, was a very famous game.

Go Up