Princess Celestia Staute in DC!!

Started by Risen, 2014 Jan 28, 01:33:32

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Feb 09, 21:42:51
I can't find the picture I saw that pointed it out, but during the Pinkie Pride episode Cheese was standing in a police lineup with a height chart in the background.

Which I consider to be more canon to their size than that silly moment Rarity had in judging a gem's carats.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

VioletKnight

For a second there I thought it had 99k signatures.

GlassMirror

Isn't this a bit to over the hedge?  o.O

Sea Foam

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Jan 28, 23:55:58
I'm putting this as bluntly as I can.

This is stupid.  In fact, any petitions like this is stupid......the money that it would take for something like this(trust me, it's alot) could be used for better and more productive things....

What, are you saying that you don't think that spending tax dollars on a golden cartoon horse effigy is the most effective fiscal decision a Government could make?

It's not like we need money or anything.

muh economy

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Fluffy Cloud

If this thing was built, imagine how akward it would be if it was still there way later in the future.

Asterian Starfall

I'm not anti-brony, believe me, but when I saw this...  lol

Not to be a pessimist, but there is no way that this project would get the funding even with the 100,000 signatures. A gold statue of Celestia... It would be a beautiful sight, but it would just be too costly.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Puynsi

Im a brony and this would be ridiculous, I mean... c`mmon... then we should do a TARDIS, some EVAS and who knows what else. lol

Midnight Breeze

By the way, getting 100000 signatures does not mean the government has to do what the petition asks, it just means that they have to give an official response.

In this case, the official response would undoubtedly be a big fat "No". In other words, it's a pointless waste of time.

Prismatic

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Feb 28, 08:43:07
By the way, getting 100000 signatures does not mean the government has to do what the petition asks, it just means that they have to give an official response.

In this case, the official response would undoubtedly be a big fat "No". In other words, it's a pointless waste of time.

Spoiler: show

The White House Administration does not support blowing up planets.

I honestly don't know what to think of a statue of Celestia.  Hasbro would probably not like it?

20firebird

This is stupid and pointless. Who would even make a petition for this?! She's a cartoon horse, for god's sake!

Warglebargle

As if the government is wasting enough taxpayer money...
I'm a part-server administrator/website developer/security researcher and part-brony.
IGN - Silver Skittles

Jaywo

What they were thinking:

"Hmm, think about it.
MLP is the largest fandom in the world.
Could you imagine how much Bronies would spend to come see this?
Not to mention the merch!"

If this is (Or was, February has already passed) a legit thing, I would cave in and go to DC. X3
Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 12, 13:03:14
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

SUPERULTRAMEGAPERMBANYOUCANTEVENBEGINTOAWESOMENESSBANRAINBOWSHAMMER

Go Up