Underlying Implications

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Jun 06, 21:36:20

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

What things have you guys noticed in the show that wasn't really pointed out but gives another layer to the episode or situation when you think about it?

For example, in the pilot, the threat was that Nightmare Moon would make night last forever. If you think about it, you realize that plants need light to grow and live. What happens if all of the plants die from having no sunlight? Exactly.

The cider episode. The Apple family lives on their farm. If the FlimFlam brothers took their farm, they'd also be taking their home!
Spoiler: Cider episode 2 • show
I'm aware there has been debate about whether or not the cider was alcoholic. Horses eat rotten apples to get, erm, intoxicated. If you observe the episode, the ponies seem intent on keeping rotten apples out of their cider, meaning they wanted nonalcoholic. When the FlimFlam brothers cheated, they got rotten apples (and twigs) in the cider, probably resulting in alcoholic cider with a nasty dirty taste to it. Two reasons for the ponies to hate it.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

If the changlings got away with taking over canterlot(probably spelled it wrong) we would see city after city fall to them and everypony would be cocooned to have their emotions sucked from them forever. 

Zygrograxgra

2012 Jun 06, 22:54:05 #2 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 06, 23:10:40 by Zygrograxgra
The whole show actually has a rather... dark(?) backstory to it.
God of chaos making lives miserable, huge plagues of all sorts, Eternal Night almost happened twice, many near deaths actually, Celestia is outright feared beyond all belief by many ponies, rarity was almost enslaved (actually she was successfully slaved for all of five minutes...), the sheer number of guards is actually rather scary, the fact that Equestria has gotten threats is also rather iffy...
And for all we know Equestria is in fact on a nuked up planet that managed to partially recover and is only being kept alive because Celestia and Luna can keep it in orbit.
((Fixed a very minor typo that completely changed the meaning of the last sentence.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jun 06, 22:54:05
God of chaos making lives miserable, huge plagues of all sorts, Eternal Night almost happened twice, many near deaths actually, Celestia is outright feared beyond all belief by many ponies, rarity was almost enslaved (actually she was successfully slaved for all of five minutes...), the sheer number of guards is actually rather scary, the fact that Equestria has gotten threats is also rather iffy...
And for all we know Equestria is in fact a nuked up planet that managed to partially recover and is only being kept alive because Celestia and Luna can keep it in orbit.

I think Equestria is actually a country, though. I've been thinking this even before the Hearthswarming Eve episode, which seems to have confirmed it, considering the ponies (depicted in the play) traveled from some other land to a better land and founded it as Equestria.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 06, 22:59:56
Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jun 06, 22:54:05
And for all we know Equestria is in fact a nuked up planet that managed to partially recover and is only being kept alive because Celestia and Luna can keep it in orbit.

I think Equestria is actually a country, though. I've been thinking this even before the Hearthswarming Eve episode, which seems to have confirmed it, considering the ponies (depicted in the play) traveled from some other land to a better land and founded it as Equestria.

I meant to have an on there, between the fact and a. I'ma go fix it.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

The Wandering Magus

The farm was not part of the bargain.  It was the cider making business.  Sure, the cider keeps the farm up, but i never heard anything about betting the farm in a literal sense.

Also some fridge horror: *I* don't turn PONIES into stone! so Celestia, about that garden of pony statues...

Also: so i guess everypony in ponyville is a jerk at market unless stood up to?

Also: how does iron will know they were satisfied, and that his method didn't fail, causing doormats to pay anyways?

Also: it took THAT long to get that "no means no"!?

Also: apparentlies there are pennies in addition to bits.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 06, 23:19:21
The farm was not part of the bargain.  It was the cider making business.  Sure, the cider keeps the farm up, but i never heard anything about betting the farm in a literal sense.

Yeah, I meant "took their farm" as in causing the Apples to lose their farm. X3 Should've been clearer there. Still, though, if the Apples lose their farm, they lose their home. :c

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 06, 23:22:46
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 06, 23:19:21

Yeah, I meant "took their farm" as in causing the Apples to lose their farm. X3 Should've been clearer there. Still, though, if the Apples lose their farm, they lose their home. :c
i was also referring to the FFB's smehow assuming ownership of the property afer the contest.

Also: so if fluttershy had failed, Equestria would have starved?!

Also: wonderbolts fail at first response military.

Also: so the dragons stopped caring about the ruler of the sun?

Also: never mind, aparently the power to move the SUN ITSELF is easily defeated by an insect thing.

Also: maybe all those duplicated background ponies... Were CHANGELINGS?!

Also: so, what happens if surprisingly-vulnerable princesses were assassinated?

Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Blues-Music

Cider is in no way an alchoholic drink its just apple juice now a days if its made in a brewery its somehow alchoholic I drink cider in real life.
Yes I am aware cider can be made alchoholic ,but how did they make it in the show?Mushed up apples the turned to juice its pretty much apple juice with different ingredients ,and rotten apples ,and twigs don't turn it into alcohol.

On topic:
Yes many episodes that face any types of danger are actually a threat to all life.
Dragonshy:If the dragons smoke continued it will block out the sun making no crops grow ,and nothing eating making no life on equestria.
The swarm of the century:If the parasprites continue to eat everything there will be no food for ponies at all everyone would starve while the parasprites make more of themselves which will also lead to a filled capacity of the land no matter how big equestria is if they werent stopped the parasprites would duplicate in a really fast time probably filling all of equestria in atleast a year tops.
There are many others ,but nopony would read this if I typed in every episode it happened in.

The Wandering Magus

So was the letter that got thrown into the lava pit from Twilight's brother explaining about the marriage?

Blues-Music

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 07, 02:59:47
So was the letter that got thrown into the lava pit from Twilight's brother explaining about the marriage?
Yes actually without that letter none of the ponies would have got to Canterlot Twilight wouldnt have been able to doubt princess Cadence she will continue uninterfered taking shining armours love for her power making her the strongest being in equestria ,and after what happened in the episode when she attacked i'm sure taking over equestria will be for the worse to all ponies they may probably be imprisoned or killed by the changelings.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jun 07, 03:06:02
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 07, 02:59:47
Yes actually without that letter none of the ponies would have got to Canterlot Twilight wouldnt have been able to doubt princess Cadence she will continue uninterfered taking shining armours love for her power making her the strongest being in equestria ,and after what happened in the episode when she attacked i'm sure taking over equestria will be for the worse to all ponies they may probably be imprisoned or killed by the changelings.
Uh...is that speculation or canon? X3

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jun 07, 16:02:24 #12 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 07, 16:07:17 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jun 07, 02:50:10
Cider is in no way an alchoholic drink its just apple juice now a days if its made in a brewery its somehow alchoholic I drink cider in real life.
Yes I am aware cider can be made alchoholic ,but how did they make it in the show?Mushed up apples the turned to juice its pretty much apple juice with different ingredients ,and rotten apples ,and twigs don't turn it into alcohol.

Like I said, horses eat rotten apples to get drunk sometimes in real life. :l The ponies were intent on keeping rotten apples out of their cider. Therefore, what if apple cider with rotten apples in it becomes alcoholic in the Pony Universe?

After all, when an apple is left to rot, it can ferment. How is alcohol made? Fermentation. How is wine made? Often letting juice from grapes ferment.
'Tis why most schools don't serve grape juice. At least, not here anyway.

The Wandering Magus

i literally can't get the taste of bitter things out of my mouth for a while, and I hear alcohol is quite bitter.

anyways, on-topic:

so why exactly were ponies PULLING the train back in that one episode rather than using coal?

Tiger

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 07, 18:16:31
i literally can't get the taste of bitter things out of my mouth for a while, and I hear alcohol is quite bitter.

anyways, on-topic:

so why exactly were ponies PULLING the train back in that one episode rather than using coal?

They hadn't found coal yet ovO

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

The Wandering Magus

they have electricity, so why do they use candles?

Lary

Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Chishio Kunrin

The Wandering Magus

oh, lary, lary lol

anyhow:

so, Dragon Scales are entirely thermally non-conducting and apparently cannot oxidize under any condition, and have an infinite melting point.  And yet they are removable with minimal pain.  And apparently removing a few isn't exactly harmful either.  So...

Why isn't the Royal Guard armored in it?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 08, 00:08:55
oh, lary, lary lol

anyhow:

so, Dragon Scales are entirely thermally non-conducting and apparently cannot oxidize under any condition, and have an infinite melting point.  And yet they are removable with minimal pain.  And apparently removing a few isn't exactly harmful either.  So...

Why isn't the Royal Guard armored in it?

Because none of them are dovahpony? o_O Or it's just too dangerous to try to get scales from a dragon, considering they don't even respect Princess Celestia.

Go Up