Writing Applications Now Closed

Started by Ellowee, 2014 Oct 22, 15:15:00

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

River Crystal

0:) Yay, writers are open!!

I got an inspiration spark today, even though a few days are left. Short-stories in construction!!
:P

Abbilden

Quote from: Ellowee on 2014 Oct 22, 15:15:00

Hello, everyone!

We are now looking for writers and editors to join the Legends of Equestria team! If you have a passion for writing, are interested in game development, or just want to use your talents to help the game along, please feel free to send us an email!

Writer and Editor applications must be submitted via email with a link to a Google Doc in the application. Your name must also be included. Any applicants who are copying from an outside source such as Microsoft Word must paste the text directly into Google Docs rather than uploading a file. They must also be visible to the parties which will judge entries. Submissions which require a download or do not have proper permissions will be ignored. Examples of your creative writing (preferably in short story form) must be at least one page in length and cannot have been edited by any outside party. Experience is not necessary, but any applicants capable of listing qualifications should do so. We will no longer accept applications after one week, at which point all valid applications will be reviewed by members of the Legends of Equestria writing team. Once the review process is complete, the most favorable will receive a prompt, at which point they will have one week to submit a script that falls within the guidelines of this prompt. After these have been judged, the new writers will be announced.

Send all applications to [email protected] with the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line.

NOTE THAT ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OF AGE

We would also like to remind you that there are other departments accepting applications, as is visible at the top of our front page. Most notably, the Design team is accepting applications for Level Designers, Unity Implementers and VFX Artists, among other positions. For more details on the teams that are currently hiring, including the relevant contact details, you can find the initial announcement board here: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=12413

Good luck to all applicants, we look forward to seeing your work!
I will send it as soon as can be

Dream Dust

QuoteI think it's fine if you don't. If you're under 16, just don't send in applications to begin with :)

Thank you kindly!
Good luck every pony!

HiByeDudes

*Sigh*
Dangit!, 1 month short people, i told this to somepony and they said "GG".
Does that still means i cant apply?
On to my next page
From your ordinary writer
Silky White

goodponyplayer

Quote from: HiByeDudes on 2014 Oct 28, 07:15:46
*Sigh*
Dangit!, 1 month short people, i told this to somepony and they said "GG".
Does that still means i cant apply?
On to my next page

I guess you can, ts till tomorrow (i guess)
Okay, listen to me... focus on it. What do i mean by it, you ask? idunno, but just focus on it..... there, way better :P

Elphyda

I gave my guess in an earlier post.  Here is what I said in it:

Quote from: chisoka on 2014 Oct 24, 21:47:16
I am sorry you feel that the opportunity was spoiled by your age.  I feel they have a good reason for having it, though.  Not many people under the age of sixteen years meet a specific maturity quota, and they might need someone to be of that specific quota for a smaller chance of picking one who is really difficult to work with, if at all able.  I may be wrong, but that is just my guess.

Akilas

I only wish be good in english
But i'm not   :c
Excuse my english, my real language is Spanish, soo, if someone talk Spanish too, that will real awsome.

"Deal with it"

Keitaro03

Quote from: Akilas on 2014 Oct 28, 21:05:28
I only wish be good in english
But i'm not   :c

Se lo que se siente compañero  :c pero aún así lo intenté ^-^

ENG: I know that feel bro  :c but I actually gave it a try  ^-^

Ludvic

Just to make sure, do we still have time to send an application? I know it says 7 days and this was made on the 22nd, however dose that mean we have till like midnight on the 29th or 28th?

Supersnot

It will be a legal/insurance reason. They have to be so careful to make sure nothing could potentially block the project  0:) Good luck to all those who have applied  ^-^
"It's a wise bird which knows which way the camel points."

Dream Dust

Quote from: Ludvic on 2014 Oct 29, 01:03:16
Just to make sure, do we still have time to send an application? I know it says 7 days and this was made on the 22nd, however dose that mean we have till like midnight on the 29th or 28th?

I would imagine you have until midnight on the 29th, that would be a fair 7 days. But it's best to send something earlier rather than waiting for an answer.  I don't want you to miss your chance.

As for the age thing, I think it's for a mixture of reasons. The thing to remember is that this isn't going to be your only chance to show your writing talent. Your day is coming. There is a good reason for age limits and it's not to punish you or the project. Keep contributing by encouraging the staff and appreciating everything they are trying to do. I hoping we will all have plenty of years playing this game and that means we'll need future writer! Take this time to sharpen those skills!  <3

DarkSpectre

I would apply, if by looking at my track record with my stories I saw at least one that was actually completed. As that is not the case, and they all have multiple chapters, but haven't been worked on in a long while, I think that despite my stories being fairly good, I'd end up being a burden rather than a help. I do wish you all luck those who do apply though!

Free Hugs!

Zsaszz

If this was posted a month or 2 ago i would sent an application, but now i can't giving the little free time that i have it will be really hard to keep up with the team, so good luck to all who apply.

Go Up