SUGGESTIONS FOR DEVELOPERS

Started by AudioWaveDasher, 2017 Sep 30, 21:57:10

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

AudioWaveDasher

Fist I must congratulate the developers on a major accomplishment worthy of the most innovative of games, with some features Ive never seen before. Having an unbiased opinion as a player/user I have heard a lot of people complaining how hard it was to get started. I can say it took me a few days to get my pegasi controls to work. Overall this is an amazing game with a few minor drawbacks that can be achieved/solved rather quickly.

1. The map feature is extremely small and almost not usable. It took me over a week to figure out the exclamation marks on the map were actually pin pointing something. To me they look like yellow or green squiggles, and im playing on a 32 inch tv.

2. Im colorblind, and many of us are, especially males. Our brains do not color code anything, and although we dont expect you to change the color scheme (not that it would work anyway) there are ways to accommodate those types of disabilities when creating the game. Its just a little nod to us colorblind people that there are other people out there without that disability that care.

3. I remember upon first starting the game, there were NPC and r clicking you could talk to them. I mostly just flew around in the beta mode to see if I liked the flying aspect and had no idea about tasks or battling. I have to find out from the "tips screen, which not all people pay attention to. Also, it took me over a week to figure out you needed to click the sign to go to ponydale,  the designers did such a good job I thought it was just decoration.

4. Whats important to players is friends, so its important to get herding up and running ASAP.

5. THE HUMAN MIND IS BUILT TO LOOK FOR THINGS! Hide things, put things behind waterfalls, make secret rooms. And one thing is its a little annoying opening a chest for bits. Bits should be awarded automatically like xp. A chest should be if the enemy drops something. Just a good Id I thought Id throw in there.

6. Another thing is if your talent mark is your identity, it makes you feel like who you are and who you show off to the world just like your style, why cover it up? The back armor should be redesigned to uncover it.

7. Clearly the task bar and tasks need fixing ASAP or else people will lose interest QUICK.

8. The index is very confusing, it took me almost 2 weeks to figure out which way the level bar was going. Was it green filling up with purple? Or purple filling up with green? Took another 2 - 3 weeks just to figure out you could click on them for more spells.

9. Knowing how much you need to level up would be a handy thing easily accessable, players could gauge time. 

10. The portals should be designated on the map with a different symbol than an exclamation mark, even if a task leads you to through several. The hard part is remembering WHERE these people are, so if you ask a previous person in the task chain, they should always give you a hint where that person is.

11. Levels are set now, but it seems like way to many people are getting to level 50 with no more new/harder monsters to fight or higher leveling items to be earned or bought, people could lose interest quick.

12. The chat function is very confusing, and the instances or "time slips" are even worse. In NO way am I criticizing your game, you did an amazing job. I just think these are the most impostant factors for keeping people interested to help keep your game new, and people around for a lot longer...

Im available to assist in any way, Id love to be a MOD, organizer for hide and seek, meet with the development team, submit music, sounds, or audio stuff, or make suggestions from an outside unbiased opinion. I am a teacher, so I like to help level 1's and especially like to help pegasi set up their controls, learn to fly and would gladly voulanteer my time. Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance to the development team. Thank you

~ AudioWave Dasher

Night Striker

Quote from: AudioWaveDasher on 2017 Sep 30, 21:57:102. Im colorblind, and many of us are, especially males. Our brains do not color code anything, and although we dont expect you to change the color scheme (not that it would work anyway) there are ways to accommodate those types of disabilities when creating the game. Its just a little nod to us colorblind people that there are other people out there without that disability that care.

If I'm honest, I think you're the only one I met so far that is colorblind, whether it'd be on the forums or in-game, and I was really active in the first two weeks of LoE servers going up, where I jumped between all the servers every now and again and you're the only one I met so far that has even brought up the colorblind issue.

As far as the whole "took weeks to figure out" goes, you could've asked in global chat for help on how to do certain things. The combat system is new(for me) when LoE released it a month ago where you get skills from your book, but it only took me less than an hour to figure out the whole system and use it to get myself to max level on day one in 6-7 hours.

Quote from: AudioWaveDasher on 2017 Sep 30, 21:57:10The hard part is remembering WHERE these people are, so if you ask a previous person in the task chain, they should always give you a hint where that person is.

idk, maybe it's just me since I did play most of the past LoE OAR events, but remembering where NPCs was never difficult for me. If you know that you're going to lose an NPC, than it's probably best to look for some kind of landmark that they're close to. You mentioned exploring in your post, so if anything, trying to figure out good landmarks in each of the different locations would help navigate through the area, so that you can find NPCs, quests, etc much easier. Like I already memorized the layout of Evershade Forest because I use the different enemies as "landmarks" of where I am in the forest.

As far as the other issues go, I agree with you, but some of that stuff can wait. It's always better to fix the things that are broken right now, like the quests and any other bugs, instead of creating even more problems by introducing new stuff, like herds or an actual map which can possibly cause even more bugs. So yeah.

While I may not be part of LoE staff, I always try to help others who might have problems in LoE the best I can because I want others to share my enjoyment of the game. ^-^

Want to be in a herd? PM to get more details to join the NLR!

Galapagois

This forum area is intended for reporting suggestions & bugs to do with the site, not the game. All game suggestions and bugs should be reported using the system described here, and all requests for help should be directed to our support email address. This makes sure that we guarantee that the right people actually know about the problem, and can work on fixing it!
Head of LoE Public Relations, King of Support, and a nuisance!

Go Up