3D, 2D, Concept Art, Writing, Design, and Programming departments recruiting!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Jul 02, 01:11:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight_Blitz

I'm afraid the only thing holding me back from applying for a writing position is meeting deadlines, which my brain seems to have problems with when overwhelmed. Getting into a project with writing things has been a thing I've wanted to do for a year now, but have never had the chance. Hurts me to say I have to pass this...
If ya can't beat 'em, you're using the wrong thing to do so.

jimm

Quote from: hypereddie on 2013 Jul 08, 18:43:46
Just sent in my application for programmer. Even though most of the stuff on my github (https://github.com/hypereddie10) is Java, C# is very similar. If they need example work for C#, I'll make some/post some  ^-^.

Funny enough, I'd barely touched C# or Unity before a few days or a week or something before I was interviewed and don't know barely any Java, besides that it's like a lamer C#. I just knew my way around some C++, python, javascript, PHP, some other stuff. Picking up C# was easy enough from there and now it and the rest of the .NET environment are definitely my favorite. Unity's pretty rad too.

Another thing is I wanted to apply a really long time ago, around 2011, but never sent the email because I thought I wasn't good enough. I wonder if I would've gotten in then.

It'll be cool working with a new programmer if we get one!

Minor-T5

I've actually had some experience with Python, though I'm still learning....I wish I could help in some way. =/
I want to get into Java sometime, and maybe after that, Unity.
The ponies I will play as:
Schmooky Luke, Barney Calhoof, and Floofie Pillow
---------------
Steam: Schmookyluke

alphaslime

Just sent in my application to be a programmer. It seems highly unlikely I will hold up to the competition, but at least I can say I tried.

Tekner

Quote from: alphaslime on 2013 Jul 09, 15:20:28
Just sent in my application to be a programmer. It seems highly unlikely I will hold up to the competition, but at least I can say I tried.
Fortunately, right now I don't think it's much of a competition. We're just looking for capable hooves, not necessarily the best of the best.

MiJyn

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Jul 09, 22:28:22
Quote from: alphaslime on 2013 Jul 09, 15:20:28
Fortunately, right now I don't think it's much of a competition. We're just looking for capable hooves, not necessarily the best of the best.

O_O maybe I have a chance then....... or... maybe not...  heck whatever XD

<hr> (for lack of a better way of doing it)
On another note ...
Best of luck to everyone!! Erm, sorry, I meant, everypony!! *phew*

Oh, on another completely different note... I happen to be the first post on page 2, page 3, and... page 4  O: . I only posted 3 times on this topic... sheesh, I feel like an idiot now... LOL
"I am your father" - Darth Vader (previously known as Anakin Skywalker)

Popfred

Is it programmed at LUA scripting system? Well I would but I think I am too underage to the job.    :c

MiJyn

Quote from: Popfred on 2013 Jul 10, 03:54:25
Is it programmed at LUA scripting system? Well I would but I think I am too underage to the job.    :c

I'm not aware of them using lua for any kind of scripting... from what I know, they use C#, with unity as the game engine. If you know Java or C++, you should be able to pick up C# quite easily  ^-^ If not, well, learn it, it's really not that hard!

Best of luck to you, fellow programmer!! :D

alphaslime

No lua here. Just C#, unity's version of java script, and boo. It is technically possible to implement form what I read, but it is unlikely it works nearly as well as the 3 default languages.
Edit: Got ninjad by MiJyn

MiJyn

Quote from: alphaslime on 2013 Jul 10, 04:21:04

No lua here. Just C#, unity's version of java script, and boo. It is technically possible to implement form what I read, but it is unlikely it works nearly as well as the 3 default languages.
Edit: Got ninjad by MiJyn

Quick note, just for the sake of completeness (and the sake of satisfying my OCD >_>), unity supports C#, javascript, and boo, but that doesn't mean language-specific libraries/extensions/whatever-you-call-them don't work (unity is a game engine, not a complete language transformation pack ;) ). I think that there is a lua library for C# (EDIT: yes, there is: http://luaforge.net/projects/luainterface/), so it would be technically possible for them to have lua scripting in-game. But, of course, there would be no real reason to add lua scripting in-game anyways  :P

phirenor

So, if i'm didn't received any confirmation email, can i just send some new game assets? (such as new structures, decorations, maybe couple of maps)

Tiger

Uh, may you please describe the point of your post, ldaliagotita?  o.O

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

phirenor

Repeating previous question:
If I'm not in the development crew, can I send some game data / assets?

Pipkin

uh, i'm not really sure how to answer that....probably no.

You could use what you have to create a portfolio if you wanted to apply for one of the hiring positions i guess  X3

parkketler

if only i new c++ GUI programing or c# GUI Programming

D:

Post Merge

can html programing help i am a whiz at html programing and css  :D

alphaslime

I should probably go and learn the unity engine again, my programming abilities are in a rather poor state.  On another note, you guys can rest assured that all of you are much more likely to get on then me.

hypereddie

Quote from: parkketler on 2013 Jul 12, 20:06:13
if only i new c++ GUI programing or c# GUI Programming

D:

Post Merge

can html programing help i am a whiz at html programing and css  :D

As far as I know, Unity's c# is more scripting than actually "gui" programming. But after decompiling the dll files that come with the game playing the game over the open server weekend, the programming part may be more than just scripting.

Tommy73103

just a question: to apply to the 3d team is requied to be able to model in various programms or just one is fine? because i can use only blender :p

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Tommy73103 on 2013 Jul 14, 03:19:13
just a question: to apply to the 3d team is requied to be able to model in various programms or just one is fine? because i can use only blender :p

If I remember correctly, some people on the 3D team use Blender. It should be fine.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Tommy73103

Pew, i was afraid that they use other programs. thank you for the info =3
P.S. i can use ONLY blender

Go Up