Newest Episodes(Season 3, Episode 13(1080p!))!

Started by Nameless, 2012 Mar 19, 17:54:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Blues-Music

2013 Feb 16, 12:44:22 #760 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 16, 12:45:58 by Blues-Music
Quote from: AntlerShy on 2013 Feb 16, 12:37:30
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Feb 16, 12:02:40
Spoiler: show

Alicorn Twilight is terrible. It doesn't matter why she turned it's still bad to make a character officially stronger than everyone else.

You make it sound like someone godmodded her into an alicorn and just made her OP. That is not what happened though.
She didn't gain any more strength from becoming an alicorn, she already had strength and through the magic of friendship she was able to make it happen. Apart from her getting wings and acknowledgement through her official title, she hasn't changed.
Twilight has come such a long way and has proven herself so many times. She's always been OP, in a good way.

Now, I bow before you, Princess Sparkle, may you lead S4 to many good episodes. If so, I shall declare you best pony.

So being able to do all  three abilities that normal people only have one of , and becoming a princess is somehow a "Good OP"? No I don't find it in anyway good character design.

Also me , and Jenzy skyped about it , and i'l just call myself "A brony who doesn't watch the new episodes" if they don't change it.

Rad Thunder

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Feb 16, 12:35:45
There's still that filly alicorn toy. I'm thinking it's Shining and Cadance's daughter and she becomes the princess instead? :s

Perhaps. :P

super_chris85

My favorite part was evreyponies's reaction to Pinkie being back to normal plus i think the alicornation is a nice twist. But where was Discord and is Twilight immortal now?

Midnight Breeze

Blues, in case you're unaware this isn't a video game. Twilight can't be 'OP'. I'm glad that this was done in a way that gives an explanation to the existence of alicorns. Alicorns aren't born alicorns, they become alicorns when they are made princesses.

It certainly doesn't shatter continuity, quite to the contrary it IS continuity. Twilight's destiny is moving forward, instead of just being stuck as the librarian forever. Her studying of friendship meant something, and now she's on to bigger and better things.

McSleuthburger

alicorn twilight OP nerf next patch  DD:
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Jenzy

2013 Feb 16, 13:13:13 #765 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 16, 13:15:09 by Jenzy
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Feb 16, 13:06:22
Blues, in case you're unaware this isn't a video game. Twilight can't be 'OP'. I'm glad that this was done in a way that gives an explanation to the existence of alicorns. Alicorns aren't born alicorns, they become alicorns when they are made princesses.

It certainly doesn't shatter continuity, quite to the contrary it IS continuity. Twilight's destiny is moving forward, instead of just being stuck as the librarian forever. Her studying of friendship meant something, and now she's on to bigger and better things.

Very nice reasoning indeed.
Maybe he's concerned though about the other 5. What they'll do now.

If this happened to yourself, what would you think? You've done so much good. You're now an alicorn.
I guess you can say she's the "Princess of Friendship." A truly great thing.

And the episodes aren't always focused on Twilight. It seems like that's the only thing that matters, when it isn't.

Midnight Star

2013 Feb 16, 13:14:35 #766 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 16, 13:17:56 by Midnight Star
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Feb 16, 12:44:22
Quote from: AntlerShy on 2013 Feb 16, 12:37:30
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Feb 16, 12:02:40

Alicorn Twilight is terrible. It doesn't matter why she turned it's still bad to make a character officially stronger than everyone else.

You make it sound like someone godmodded her into an alicorn and just made her OP. That is not what happened though.
She didn't gain any more strength from becoming an alicorn, she already had strength and through the magic of friendship she was able to make it happen. Apart from her getting wings and acknowledgement through her official title, she hasn't changed.
Twilight has come such a long way and has proven herself so many times. She's always been OP, in a good way.

Now, I bow before you, Princess Sparkle, may you lead S4 to many good episodes. If so, I shall declare you best pony.

So being able to do all  three abilities that normal people only have one of , and becoming a princess is somehow a "Good OP"? No I don't find it in anyway good character design.

Also me , and Jenzy skyped about it , and i'l just call myself "A brony who doesn't watch the new episodes" if they don't change it.

By "All three" abilities, I'm assuming that you mean both Unicorn, Pegasus AND earth pony, no? in that case, how was she ever able to perform Earth Pony abilities, other than trotting and galloping. I don't recall Twilight ever showing any Earth Pony skill set, but if my memory does serve me wrong, wouldn't she have been overpowering even before she grew her wings, seeing as she would already have two ability sets, per default, by being a unicorn?

That aside, I thought this was a great episode, it pulled a great tie to an ongoing story through all three seasons, first with Twilight getting the crown as her Element of Harmony, serving as a sort of leader for the mane 6, and ongoing, steady growth of character and ability. I believe she was, indeed, destined to create history in Magic, just like Celestia foresaw. She is, after all, also the only pony, whose cutiemark represents an undefined talent, Magic, where as all other ponies have specialized, very narrow, fields: Speed, Animal caring, partying and so on. Seeing this episode made it quite clear, that this has been the purpose, all along, to make Twilight grow, and teach her how to become, who she was meant to be: A Princess of her Magic, just like Celestia is Princess of the Sun and Day, Luna is Princess of The Moon and Night and Cadence is Princess of the (Crystal) Heart and Love.

Also, this also gave great knowledge of the Alicorn race: You become and Alicorn, when you become a Princess. I think Shining Armor is an exception, since he got married to the title. Here, in Denmark, our Queen married, before she was coronated, and her husband did not become king, but still referred to as 'Prince', because he married the Crown princess...

That was very long, I'm sorry. I really loved this episode, and I'm reeeeally looking forward to season 4!!

Also, mcsleuth.. I giggled  lol

Jenzy

"YES! Everything is gonna be just fine!" -Princess ^-^

Night Pony

This episode showed that certain ponies can become alicorns even if they weren't ones to begin with. I think that alicorns could still be born naturally. Also I do not think that alicorn=princess.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Midnight Breeze

Given Equestria being a matriarchal country, male alicorns probably don't exist.

Vertigo

Perhaps they will make a episode with alicorn Twilight where the moral is "its what on the inside that counts?

Jenzy

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Feb 16, 13:19:45
Given Equestria being a matriarchal country, male alicorns probably don't exist.

Gold carrot defective on stallions?! DD:

It's weird. Blues is the only one that seems upset... Well, I guess Pyro too... :s

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Feb 16, 13:24:37
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Feb 16, 13:19:45

Gold carrot defective on stallions?! DD:

It's weird. Blues is the only one that seems upset... Well, I guess Pyro too... :s

Hate to be a mudslinger, but Blues always seems upset when he posts here about anything.

Rad Thunder

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Feb 16, 13:18:21
This episode showed that certain ponies can become alicorns even if they weren't ones to begin with. I think that alicorns could still be born naturally. Also I do not think that alicorn=princess.

Cadance comes to mind to me here. She was an alicorn when she was roughly Twilight's age now, if not younger. That brings to mind the question, was she born that way, or did she do something that made her one?

Jenzy

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2013 Feb 16, 13:26:28

Cadance comes to mind to me here. She was an alicorn when she was roughly Twilight's age now, if not younger. That brings to mind the question, was she born that way, or did she do something that made her one?

Also, was she always the Crystal Princess? She didn't look a thousand years old with Twiley.

And... eh. Kinda hard to reason with Blues. His own loss... :\
But there's gotta be a better reason.

How is he a brony at all?

Night Pony

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2013 Feb 16, 13:26:28

I think she was born because, unlike Celestia and Luna, she did not possessed the elements of harmony.

Also Blues is the next Lary.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Rad Thunder

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Feb 16, 13:30:09
I think she was born because, unlike Celestia and Luna, she did not possessed the elements of harmony.

And there in lies the rub. Who are the parents? Are they or at least one of them Alicorns too?
WE NEED AN ORIGIN EPISODE!! >A<

Jenzy

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Feb 16, 13:29:17
Also, was she always the Crystal Princess? She didn't look a thousand years old with Twiley.

And...
Yes! We need that episode so everything makes sense!

Poor alicorns. They seem to just be automatically hated.

McSleuthburger

2013 Feb 16, 13:35:58 #778 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 16, 13:37:40 by McSleuthburger
there are many people that feel the same way about the show as Blues does
just play nice everyone

Quote from: Midnight Star on 2013 Feb 16, 13:14:35
Also, mcsleuth.. I giggled  lol

and im glad somebody laughed at my stupid joke
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Feb 16, 13:35:34
Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Feb 16, 13:29:17

And...
Yes! We need that episode so everything makes sense!

Poor alicorns. They seem to just be automatically hated.

Did you just quote yourself?  :o

Go Up