What are your thoughts on Twilight becoming an Alicorn?

Started by Julius, 2013 Jan 29, 14:06:45

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julius

I don't intend to create arguments, I just wonder what your thoughts on the situation are, so please try to keep things civil alright? ^-^

As for my opinion... Well... Hay, I don't know. I have so many mixed feelings about this possibly happening.

To me, it doesn't seem fair to the other ponies you know? And being a princess... What would that mean for Twilight? How much would her life change? Would she have to move to Canterlot, for example? :s

At the same time the writers are amazing and they continue to amaze me each week with glorious pony, so I'm sure they can pull it off but... :c

For Luna's sake, I just can't imagine Twilight flying with her own wings dang it. lol

To end this off, I'm guessing that somepony will say that it's not happening because Tara already denied this (I'm looking at you, dear Tiger)... But... This doesn't feel right to me. :/

That link contains spoilers guys, you've been warned. Thanks to Night Pony for reminding me. X3
Purr~

Night Pony

Spoiler: My theory • show
Since the description says that Twi accidentally changes the C.M. of her friends and their destinies maybe she changed her C.M. with either Celestia or Luna hence making her an alicorn. Though this would be temporary until she regains her C.M. Though this is just a theory.

Put that link in either spoilers or give a warning.

Spoiler: show
Also Tara may have been trolling or meant in a permanent case.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Blues-Music

So the worst pony website spreads even more lies?No.
This is not happening ever unless the hub , the writers , and the voice actors were in on a huge lie for no reason. Also we already found a new princess baby doll. Probably about her , or Cadence.
The fact that some of you actually believe that piece of garbage equestria daily , and that the team would actually agree to do this dumb idea is stupid.

I have no idea why everyone is so worked up on this. 99% she won't be an alicorn ever.
If she does the show will die out , and I will say that there is no show worse than it. That is all there is to it. No need for threads discussing it.

elmdor

McSleuthburger

I feel people shouldnt judge the decision (if it does happen) until after they see the episode
who knows it might be amazing
basically try it, you might like it
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Julius

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Jan 29, 14:56:39
I feel people shouldnt judge the decision (if it does happen) until after they see the episode

Yeah, I guess that's how I'm feeling overall. As I said, I trust the writers... So we'll see! ^-^
Purr~

Blues-Music

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Jan 29, 14:56:39
I dislike alicorns in general. Honestly everyone is being too optimistic.
I won't be mad if it is temporary , but all I said was directed to if it was a permanent change.

Julius

Oh man... Spoilers from the Hub's Facebook page.

Well...

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Jan 29, 15:08:44
Yeah, I guess that's how I'm feeling overall. As I said, I trust the writers... So we'll see! ^-^

I'm sticking to that. :I
Purr~

Perteks

2013 Jan 29, 15:34:31 #8 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 30, 08:24:37 by McSleuthburger
I don't care but the descussion about this is just delicious :D
Ignore my grammar or PM me with correct version (it will help me to learn)

Night Pony

Spoiler: Not a spoiler. • show

Julius

Purr~

Perteks

Ignore my grammar or PM me with correct version (it will help me to learn)

Night Pony

2013 Jan 29, 15:41:58 #12 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 29, 15:47:22 by Night Pony
It's pretty clear that the final will offer some insight on alicorns. I just hope that they won't go and say something like "only princesses royalties can become alicorns" or "only way to become one is via magic".

Little Judas

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Jan 29, 14:06:45
To end this off, I'm guessing that somepony will say that it's not happening because Tara already denied this (I'm looking at you, dear Tiger)... But... This doesn't feel right to me. :/

IA! IA! TWILIGHT FH'TAGN!
Best title ever.

On a more serious note:
Let's just see how it goes
Spoiler: show

I wonder how many rage is spreading across the fandom.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Blues-Music

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jan 29, 15:41:58
It's pretty clear that the final will offer some insight on alicorns. I just hope that they won't go and say something like "only princesses royalties can become alicorns" or "only way to become one is via magic".
That was already said. The only way to be an alicorn is to be a child of Luna/Celestia/Cadence/Skyla.
So yeah you must be of the loyal blood line to be an alicorn.

Also I have no idea why everyone is being extra optimistic. If it is permanent there is no reason for the show to exist.

Night Pony

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Jan 29, 15:53:25
That was already said. The only way to be an alicorn is to be a child of Luna/Celestia/Cadence/Skyla.

Also I have no idea why everyone is being extra optimistic. If it is permanent there is no reason for the show to exist.

Haven't heard it. i only heard that 'there is a reason alicorns are in positions of power' or something like that. But I do not take anything for cannon unless it's in the show.

And of course the alicorns dislikers/haters that generaly hate/dislike alicorns would not like the change. You are being too pessimistic. Larson is known to make great episodes so we just have to wait.

Little Judas

Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Blues-Music

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jan 29, 15:56:32
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Jan 29, 15:53:25

Haven't heard it. i only heard that 'there is a reason alicorns are in positions of power' or something like that. But I do not take anything for cannon unless it's in the show.

And of course the alicorns dislikers/haters that generaly hate/dislike alicorns would not like the change. You are being too pessimistic. Larson is known to make great episodes so we just have to wait.
It is canon being said by creators of the show , and by hasbro. Also that seems to be an excuse to call alicorns normal as it would be very hard to make a scene just to get that out of the way.

Also i'm not being pessimistic i'm a realist. I was talking about IF this is a permanent change , and if you noticed I kept saying it probably won't be one in my other posts.

Sea Foam

I have generally neutral feelings on this.

First of all, I don't think she will be an alicorn pertinently. It creates too many problems and shuts too many doors in regards to writing new episodes. Here's how I see this playing out:

She'll become an alicorn, stuff will happen, she'll realize she's not responsible enough for the power, she'll give it back.

However, were this the very last episode of the show, I think that Twilight becoming an alicorn would make a very fitting ending. If anypony is perfect for the job, it's her.

Naturally, the fandom will have it's obligatory hissy-fit, (as it so often does) but not much can be done about that.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Itty Bit

I figured Twilight was gonna become a princess eventually. I mean, Rarity already achieved her dream of becoming popular in Canterlot, and Rainbow Dash is pretty much on her way to being a Wonderbolt now.
Only problem is that it just feels a little too early. It should have been a series finale, not a season finale. Oh well.~

Go Up