The Moderation Team wants YOU!

Started by Mizuki, 2015 Nov 13, 05:49:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Particlemane

When should we expect to know by?
The Storyteller's symbol is first a book, for without the story itself, there would be nothing to tell. The lines show the breath, the storyteller's medium. At the core: a heart, for like all living things, without heart, the story dies.

Mizuki

Either me or one of the other mods will close this thread whenever instructed to by Perry. So whenever the thread is closed, you should be hearing from us :O (most likely Perry since it's ultimately his call)

Since the thread is still open though, it means we're still accepting applications :)

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Hemokal

Forum Name: Hemokal

Experience: Game Master (Unpaid Moderation Staff or something, forget what they called it exactly) for Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Online (North America) for a year before the buyout

Why would you make a good moderator?: Experience as a GM on a major MMO, previous work in customer service and management for a total of 4 years IRL now.

Anything else you would like us to know?: I am free every day thanks to my new stay-at-home job, with a good deal of time to spend online. Have extensive experience working with teams of all sizes, and I love to help people. Attended a military school, from a military family, etc.

Zaugr

2015 Dec 02, 10:51:08 #23 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 02, 11:02:20 by Zaugr
Forum Name: Zaugr. (Used to be "StealthBrony").

Experience: I am currently a moderator for a community with over 500 thousand members on Google+, and have previously been a moderator for a few small gaming and music forums.

Why would you make a good moderator?: I'm patient, great under stress, and I enjoy interacting with people. I have never had a problem with sticking by rules, and as a moderator I put a lot of importance on justice and fairness. I also enjoy using this forum a great deal, so that always helps. :)

Anything else you would like us to know?: I meet all the requirements! (And I'm British, so naturally, and obviously, I like Corgis!)

Perry The Pony

Good Evening,

I have begun sending out the acceptance letters.  I will keep the thread open as long as I see fit.

Kind Regards,
~Perry

BronyOfCanada

2016 Jan 11, 20:48:08 #25 Last Edit: 2016 Jan 15, 12:17:57 by Princess Darcy
Forum Name: BronyOfCanada

Experience: I Was a forum moderator for ETS2MP Euro truck simulator 2 MP with over 750,000 registered members to date. I have since left that team for work based priorities. I have been a mod of a few Minecraft servers and gmod servers. I mod a few live streams and web sites currently. If you want to know more feel free to ask me.

Why would you make a good moderator?: I have a large knowledge of right and wrong. Most being from common sense. I am not afraid to stand up for the rules when they need to be enforced. If ponies need help. I'm here to assist and be helpful. Anything you throw at me. I'll get it done.

Anything else you would like us to know?: Not really. I'm just a heavy guy with an amazing attitude. Want to talk to me more. Add me on steam as {redacted} or on skype as {redacted}. Cheers and have a lovely day!

Names redacted under rule 12b.

RAINBOW BLAZE

PoetryInMotion

Forum Name: PoetryinMotion

Experience: Worked as an Administrator/moderator for 2 years in a sim called Avilion in Second life, Plus I run my own mail list for Police Scanner Radios and Ham Enthusiasts which is almost 2000 members strong and I have 5 moderators under me.
Plus I also Moderate several groups on FiM:Fiction

Why would you make a good moderator?: I am patient and work to learn both sides of a story before jumping to a conclusion, I am good at following rules of moderation and am always eager to learn.

Anything else you would like us to know?: I am also a helper and an advisor and am very good at working with others.

Rasy (Flanniest Flan)

If this thread is open, I guess they are still accepting applications so I'll post mine here.

Forum Name: cshadd

Experience: Currently an administrator for a group on ROBLOX called The Pony Project which contains separate mods. These mods all conform to an adopted Constitution of moderation which I made myself that outlines each moderator's duties and powers. This project has been active since 2013. Finally, this project has its own Forum which I am also in charge of.

Another experience is serving on my school's Student Councils and enforcing each policy inline with resolutions.

Why would you make a good moderator?: I am very patient and very understanding to people who are new to things. I am able to enforce the rules and keep myself inline. My availability is very flexible and I can always spend time to help the moderation team.

Anything else you would like us to know?: I prefer working in a team because a team of moderators in my opinion is better than a single moderator. This is due to the fact that a team of moderators will also make sure other moderators are kept in line. I have learned from experience that it helps when putting two or more mods to patrol a server usually helps both of them set high standards for each other. That when one mod does not conform, the other mod has the ability to correct the mistakes.

On the side note, I have a cheerful personality.

Hope I can help you guys.

FeverishPegasus

I-I guess I'm still allowed to post here?

Forum Name: FeverishPegasus

Experience: I've held two retail jobs, and am currently working one right now, although I don't have any forum moderation experience.

Why would you make a good moderator?: While working retail, I've learned how to deal with different kinds of customers, including the moody ones. In-between work/school, I would be more than willing to devote the remaining time to moderation, and no matter how scary/intimidating a task is, I would try my best to complete it.

Anything else you would like us to know?: If you talk to me, chances are we're going to talk about science fiction at some point.
What is this 'happiness' others speak of

Pipkin

Colourful bump of this thread, as we are hiring for this position as long as this topic is still open.  See the 1st post for details on filling out the application and keep in mind the restrictions, such as the age limit!

Also keep in mind as per the rules, do NOT post skype/discord contact information in the thread.  In the case we need to contact you, we will contact you over the forums.  Thanks!
~Darcy

NotoriousSMALL

Forum Name: NotoriousSMALL

Experience: I have been a moderator on a forum for the past two years and helped tuned it from a chaotic mess to a relaxed, close-knit community. I have also been admin on a minecraft server.

Why would you make a good moderator?: With the OSW coming up, there will likely be a need for experienced moderators to keep everything under control. I am disciplined, fair, and a team player. I enjoy helping those in need and setting things straight. I work efficiently, and I have a very flexible schedule. I want to help this game succeed and make sure everyone has as much fun as I do.

Anything else you would like us to know?: I'm open minded and laid back.

Fyremedi

Forum Name: Fyremedi

Experience: I would be a noobie.

Why would you make a good moderator?: Father of three daughters ages 13-16.  Hence I have a sense of patience, fairness, and acceptability (good morale judgement).   0:)

Anything else you would like us to know?:  Firefighter Paramedic and college Professor.  I am also an avid gamer that has now expanded my rig to have two monitors up and running at the same time (game and chat/forums/whatever).  I am a fast leaner and independent learner if given access to a text or manual.  Fluttershy is best pony!   >:O

Go Up