New Window for smilies.

Started by Lary, 2012 Jul 23, 08:32:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lary

When you post, there's a list of smilies above the box. However, there are apparently hidden smilies that not everyone knows the code for (just like the old forums where Trixie was hidden). So, here's where my idea comes into play;

Instead of filling the window with tons and tons of smilies, how about having either
A. A drop down box
B. A button that opens a new window
that will reveal all the smilies you could possibly use. The box/button would be labled 'More' or 'More Smilies'.

Not only would this allow the addition of many more smilies without taking up unintended space, but it could clear the Post Reply/Start New Topic window of the tons of smilies (on some computers in my experience, they take an unnecessarily long while to load); removing some of the more situational ones (or the ones that everyone knows) and leaving only the basic ones that are easily understandable. Have the rest in the box/window.

(Finally, I can start spamming Big Mac everywhere...)
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Liska

There really is no need for this considering the fact there are only three hidden smilies.
Big Macintosh is
Code Select
-.-

Lary

Quote from: AnyaSmash on 2012 Jul 23, 17:54:33
There really is no need for this considering the fact there are only three hidden smilies.
Big Macintosh is
Code Select
-.-

Don't you think there should be no hidden smilies?
And having a place to store those smilies would allow the addition for more without clogging up the Post Reply/Start New Topic window.

Zygrograxgra

I do like Lary's idea.
Hiding smilies is no fun, after all.
If it exists all should know about it and be able to use it, especially something as simple as smilies.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Liska

Zygrograxgra

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Liska

No clue who Shorn is, but since you asked nicely.  0:)

McSleuthburger

*pokes Anya
Shorn is Zyggy's OC
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Liska

Zygrograxgra

He's a Ponagon
:D

OT thime
Thank you!

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Lary

Ah, that looks much cleaner.

Thank you. ^-^

Go Up