This is a PSA to ALL users of this fourm; staff included.

Started by Lary, 2012 Jun 30, 11:06:29

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lary

Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Book Smarts

Hopefully mankind won't create an A.I that could end up taking over the world  :x

GuitarBrony

Nah. it'll be designed by apple, so newer models will be made too frequently and be to non-lasting for any sort of risk of AI takeover
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Ozzy

But seriously, time to put a downer on things, I have my doubts about this, seems farfetched, that and, I don't really want to be a pony

Zygrograxgra

Big problem with this though...
If it actually sends your consciousness somewhere, and there's a power outage...
Or say a virus gets in the system?
...fan fic idea...

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Book Smarts

Remedy

Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 Jun 30, 11:21:29
- and, I don't really want to be a pony

Seconded. If I could be anything, I'd be a computer. But that's beside the point.

Also, third on the list is already possible. And I'd rather fly with a fixed wing than having to flap them like a bird. That must be so exhausting.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Remedy on 2012 Jun 30, 11:30:17

Seconded. If I could be anything, I'd be a computer. But that's beside the point.

Also, third on the list is already possible. And I'd rather fly with a fixed wing than having to flap them like a bird. That must be so exhausting.

I'd rather be a Changeling
;D
Industrial Revolution?
Changing what Changelings are thought as?
Messing with ponies?
^-^

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Book Smarts

Quote from: Remedy on 2012 Jun 30, 11:30:17

I'd like to be a computer  :P

Chishio Kunrin

I guess being a pegasus would be cool. I used to daydream about being able to fly in middle school, and how freeing that would be.

However, I'm not very trusting of technology advancing so far like that, nor am I trusting of really good AI. :I

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Crystal Chaos

You're kidding. And that, sir, is the cruelest thing to joke about.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Oh, I wish it would happen. I really do. I would be a pegasus, fly in the skies, meet ponies and that's just the beginning.

Then again, seeing as the world is facing an economic crisis, it's less likely that someone will make this "Virtual Reality" for everyone to use.
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 Jun 30, 22:39:26
Oh, I wish it would happen. I really do. I would be a pegasus, fly in the skies, meet ponies and that's just the beginning.

Then again, seeing as the world is facing an economic crisis, it's less likely that someone will make this "Virtual Reality" for everyone to use.

Probably a weekly/monthly subcription fee of about $50-$200

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Lary

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jun 30, 23:04:57

In that time period, even 8 year olds will be making that much money.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 30, 23:08:35

For all we know the value of the dollar might become so absurdly high that it's like, a billion euros each.
Or it might be the other way around.

New Weekly/monthly fee: It costs four hundred thousand dollars to use this virtual reality, for twelve seconds.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jun 30, 23:19:34

For all we know the value of the dollar might become so absurdly high that it's like, a billion euros each.

New Weekly/monthly fee: It costs four hundred thousand dollars to use this virtual reality, for twelve seconds.

Or, you know, we can just lucid dream.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 30, 23:30:46
Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jun 30, 23:19:34

Or, you know, we can just lucid dream.

No where near as constant or reliable though, and that just won't work for me. I'll know I'm dreaming (which ruins the whole thing for me), I'll constantly have this simultaneous on/off feeling, things will just scenes, and I never have any control over my dreams.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Firey

This world is already in crisis
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

BlackVortex

OK, is this not what happened in Avatar: Return to Pandora? The whole changing body idea?  o.O
I will be gone until the pony drought is over... so find me on Feral Heart if you want me :P

Book Smarts

Quote from: Firey on 2012 Jul 01, 13:22:22

This world is already in crisis

Innovation is still going on around the world even with a recession :')

Go Up