Private Servers.

Started by Lary, 2012 Jun 21, 13:00:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lary

You know it's going to happen.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

The Traveling Monk

The path of life is a winding one. It is best to remain hopeful down it, and to bring a few good friends and snacks for the trip.   -Panxen, the traveling monk.

My OC: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2937.0

Chishio Kunrin

Private servers? Aren't there only going to be servers for different regions? Actually, I think they've only set up for two servers, each for a different region. One for the Americas, and one for, I think, Europe-ish.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

CyanideInsanity

I don't necessarily see why there would be the need. Don't people usually use them for better/faster leveling/drop rates, or to avoid paying?
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Wandering Star

I find totally stupid to try to make a private server of a FREE MMO whose population won't even be as higher as World of Warcraft one. (In that last point, actually future will tell about it)

What I am meaning is that there is notthing you could find in a private server of Legends of Equestria that you would make to select it instead of the "official" server. There is no subcriptions, or cash shops or anything profitable to make a private server.

Sonic Heart

I THINK the team has stated that there wont be any private servers, something about loosing the socializing aspect..or something like that..dont remember.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Sonic Heart on 2012 Jun 21, 14:29:39
I THINK the team has stated that there wont be any private servers, something about loosing the socializing aspect..or something like that..dont remember.

And they're right. :\ If we could make private servers, we'd end up with servers where only friends are allowed. I likely wouldn't join my friends' private servers, though, since it'd feel weirdly empty with a few/dozen/few dozen people on it in the MMO's big big world.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Wandering Star

In fact, why would you want to play a MMO if you aren't playing it neither multiplayer or in a massive way?  lol

Zbizo

Quote from: Wandering Star on 2012 Jun 21, 14:08:30
I find totally stupid to try to make a private server of a FREE MMO whose population won't even be as higher as World of Warcraft one. (In that last point, actually future will tell about it)

What I am meaning is that there is notthing you could find in a private server of Legends of Equestria that you would make to select it instead of the "official" server. There is no subcriptions, or cash shops or anything profitable to make a private server.

Probably some losers like cloppers or 4chan respectless bronies who don't want to respect official rules or don't accept questline/think that exp is too low could make something weird like private server for free to play game.
You should also allow people from Europe to play on USA servers and vice versa. Some people have friends on other continents, what if they want to play together?

You can also crypt a piece of code which is responsible for connecting to login server.

Xeno Aura

I can *partially* understand playing on a *private* server on popular, pay to play MMO's.

But I can't see a reason to have a private LoE server.

For a start the proper game will probably only have a few hundred people online simultaneously AT MOST. So a private server will be lucky to get 50.

Also its free, and the main reason of private servers is to function as pirate servers.

The Traveling Monk

Yeah ha ha. What would be the point of pirating a game that is completely free?
The path of life is a winding one. It is best to remain hopeful down it, and to bring a few good friends and snacks for the trip.   -Panxen, the traveling monk.

My OC: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2937.0

SweBow

If it happens, it's easy to fix.
Plus this thread is going to cause a flamewar. Closing!

Go Up