Depression

Started by Julius, 2013 Oct 27, 19:50:08

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julius

How do you guys deal with it? I guess you could say it's rather rare for me to be depressed, but when it happens it happens with a lot of strength. :c

To deal with it I just put on music, go into the bathroom and sit there under the water letting my thoughts consume me for hours...

Usually that takes care of it. If that's not enough, without fail my friends always make me smile shortly after, most of the time without me even reaching out to them. They are the best people in the world. I'm really lucky to have them. <3

Anyway... Yeah, how do you guys deal with depression?
Purr~

McSleuthburger

remember the forum rules everypony  ;)
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

moonlight7starshine

thanks for removing my post mac sleuth burger

anyway just think about happy stuff if your depress

that moment when the people you rp with come on when your about to sleep..

Randam Saiko

Try distracting yourself with endless tasks (IRL or onlnie games) until your mind gets so busy that you eventually forget or get over about what's keeping you down and move on with life. Watching ALOT of good comedy also helps.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Pipkin

Depression plagues me constantly, i'm slowly working out what has been causing it, but I have many ways of dealing with it.

Foremostly, I talk to my friends if I can.  You guys always seem to be able to cheer me up and I honestly don't know how bad my depression would be without you guys sometimes.  You know who you are.
Music sometimes help, but it has to be upbeat and happy, obviously
Looking at pony pictures, or ponies in general, or a watch a couple Pinkie Pie episodes, but this only tends to be a quick fix.
If it gets REALLY bad I get a coffee and walk around town for a couple hours.  I used to drive but I quickly discovered being behind the wheel is a very bad idea.

Teal Turken

I talk with my friends! I had a depression strike (I guess) a couple weeks that ago that plagued me for a week. Then I talked to one of my friends and he helped me out of my depression by talking to me about what my depression was about!

Ramisha

I'm never depressive, but when I think of my crush I get really sad.
It's because I can't even talk to him and he probably doesn't like me but I like him so much... then I remember "Hey, I'm a teenager, I'm supposed to be sad sometimes. It'll probably pass." And then I try singing my favorite songs in my head (mostly chocobo  :P)

Midnight Breeze

Julius

You know Ramisha, I've seen you talking about that crush a couple of times before. We don't know each other, so feel free to completely disregard my words here, but I feel like you should be honest and tell him how you feel dear. :)

If he likes you too, you can be together and be happy! If he doesn't, at least you can move on and stop feeling sad for him.

Just my opinion. ^-^
Purr~

Ramisha

Yeah, I know..and oh thanks  ^-^ but I just can'te ven talk to him  DD: I'm thinking of telling him on Valentine's day,but you see...I'm very shy and insecure.

One more thing I hate: if you want everypony to love you, you have to be popular. If you want to be popular, you have to be pretty and extroverted. How unfortunate for me....  :I

Aerodash

I've held a very positive outlook on life for the last couple of years, which came on after an illness practically disabled me. I feel having a positive attitude is an important thing, not only for getting through life but simply enjoying it. It's something you need to work and focus on, so if one considers one's self to be negative, then I suggest you try to block out those thoughts and think about the things that make you happy. I'm not saying it's an easy thing to do - not at all - but trying never hurt!

However, when those ugly feelings do rear their heads, I'll just watch some Adventure Time or listen to some relaxing music. A little exercise is good as well!

Go Up