Upcoming Birthdays

Started by Dark Hooves, 2013 Jul 18, 16:26:25

previous topic - next topic

Do you want the upcoming birthdays returned to the forum main page?

yes
13 (86.7%)
no
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Go Down

Dark Hooves

plz don't say your answer, just select yes or no
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Liska

Sorry, but no. Birthdays give out too much personal information involuntarily.

Weatherboy1

Perhaps you could do do check mark system (and I'm unsure if you can do this!) where the users can put up a check mark in their profile saying yes they would be fine with their birthday being displayed

Tekner

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2013 Jul 19, 09:10:54
Perhaps you could do do check mark system (and I'm unsure if you can do this!) where the users can put up a check mark in their profile saying yes they would be fine with their birthday being displayed
I agree with this. Many websites do this and for the reason that Anya specified. By checking the option to show your birthday, you would then be voluntarily giving out that personal information.

Somebeing

Just remember to put an option to close it too. I saw the mods try to do that and at least saw 100 members that had birthdays in the next few days.

Liska

I am not going to go this far to alter the forums just to get to know people's birthdays or allow people to display more personal information.

HerpyDooves

It's not going very far, really. Knowing someone's birthday can effectively bring friends closer, and Weatherboy's idea tops is all off, for obvious reasons, of course.

Cerebrate

It is going far, because it requires both database changes and various other changes to SMF's code. This is not an important feature, and it reveals personal information, so we are not putting it in.

Locking up thread.

Go Up