The site's About section is in the way of news.

Started by Julius, 2013 Mar 14, 20:24:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julius

While I do believe that having the about section of the website up there for those who may be visiting the site for the first time is brilliant, it annoys me for the simple fact that it doesn't let me read the news right away.

How does it not let me read the news? Well, I usually load the site and then click the forums button instantly. Before, if there was anything new I could quickly notice and read it. Now I'd essentially have to go down and see if there's anything new. However, given how fast I enter the forums (And how used I am to it) all I ever see on the main site is the about section.

I can't really ask you to move it, because it's brilliant and I understand why it's there as I said, but could you maybe find a way for registered forum members to be able to hide or remove the about section from there? You know, make it a button like it was before...

I'll understand if you don't, and I'm completely fine with it, after all most users do go straight to the forums... But... It would be nice and I would appreciate it. ^-^
Purr~

Tekner

The main website knows nothing about the forum, which means that it doesn't know if it's a registered user viewing it or not. Its "state", however, could be saved in your cookies.

Julius

Purr~

AntlerShy

Well, all the news are in the forums too. There's an option to get notifications if a new thread in the news section is made, so you won't miss any.  :]

Julius

Oh yeah! That would be perfect! :D

Where exactly is that option located again? X3
Purr~

AntlerShy

Above and under the list of topics in a board there's a button that says "Notify". You might also need to do that for every child board like Artist Showcases if you want notifications for those.

Mind you, I've never used that feature myself, but that's how I understand it's supposed to work.

Julius

Thank you kindly, now it's just a matter of waiting for a new thread to see if it works! ^-^

Nope, I didn't get an email when this post was made, even though I have it set to notify me. :I
Purr~

Liska

We've moved the "About" section to the main page because the "About" page was only a paragraph or two of text and took up more space than it was worth.

While it may now be in the way of the news, we were able to replace the "About" page with a "Media" page (under construction), and have it so that new users will be able to know what our project is about right on the main page without any extra clicks.

But we'll be sure to take into consideration moving the "About" section in order to have clearer access to the news.

Go Up