Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony

Started by Julius, 2013 Jan 22, 11:21:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julius

Howdy everypony! I just finished watching the long awaited documentary and I want to hear your thoughts about it. :P

I personally found it to be very good, perhaps a bit too dramatic sometimes with that psychologist lady... But very good overall. I enjoyed watching it very much, I laughed along the way and it really feels as if it can actually change people's thoughts about Bronies, if they decide to watch. :)

My favorite part was watching the concert at BroNyCon... That was so INTENSE... All that energy, all that passion, all that friendship going on! It was something beautiful really, and I can't wait to be a part of that someday. And maybe not only as part of the crowd, but as a performer up there! To tell the truth, I was so amazed at the idea of being up there performing with such a crowd... I mean, I saw myself up there and it was amazing... For whatever reason my eyes got watery. X3

Watching that has inspired me in many ways, definitely. :]

So, what are your thoughts on it? Did you like it? You didn't? Was it what you were expecting? Did you feel as if they achieved their goal of making something that could change people's minds about Bronies? Let me know below! ^-^
Purr~

Pipkin

1)PLEASE don't tell me somepony uploaded this onto youtube...
2)This is one thing I will actually pay for, but i'm broke atm, but I look forward to it...

CyanideInsanity

Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Jan 22, 11:24:28
1)PLEASE don't tell me somepony uploaded this onto youtube...
2)This is one thing I will actually pay for, but i'm broke atm, but I look forward to it...

I'm in the same boat, although I need to find a job ASAP because I'm bad... The only part I've seen since I don't have money is the one part, I know of anyway, that was allowed to be uploaded to youtube. Quite hilarious, that bit. I am looking forward to seeing the whole thing at some point, hopefully, in the near future.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Pipkin

hmm, I just realized, if this is as good as it's made out to be I just found what i'll use to tell my family i'm a brony  :D
Well....my mom i think knows already...I told her John was working on a brony documentary...

Julius

I don't think it is on YouTube, and I certainly hope no one decides to upload it to YouTube... But I must admit I got it from a certain website that isn't entirely... Legal, I guess. :c

As soon as my issues with Nintendo are solved (They took 200$ from my credit card, instead of the intended 100$ and they're not even showing up on my account. We only get 400$ for online shopping each year because dollars are stupidly regulated. Do you see the problem here?), I'll go ahead and buy it. :)

It would be an awesome way to show my parents that I'm a Brony but... It's in English obviously. *Sigh* x3
Purr~

ComputerDeathglare

No money, but when I get my lapto- nope, not saying it. Nonononono.   
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Sea Foam

Haven't seen this yet, but apparently my friend and I are in it somewhere.  X3

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

The Silent Wolf

I haven't seen it, and I'm not planning to, but since it says that the bronies are the unexpected ADULT fans, I guess I'm not a brony (yet) since I'm not even a teenager....
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2013 Jan 22, 19:55:20
I haven't seen it, and I'm not planning to, but since it says that the bronies are the unexpected ADULT fans, I guess I'm not a brony (yet) since I'm not even a teenager....

A brony is just someone who likes my little pony, no age limits.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Julius

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Jan 22, 20:54:50
Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2013 Jan 22, 19:55:20

A brony is just someone who likes my little pony, no age limits.

Indeed. I found the title to be... Odd, to say the least... But I can imagine why that's the title and why it specifically says "Adult". The idea behind the whole thing was to make others understand Bronies, and why older people like our dear ponies. Yes, that doesn't only mean adults, but to the outsiders that's the weirdest part about bronies. Grown people who watch the show.

That's the way I see it anyways. :P
Purr~

Book Smarts

I don't have the current funds to do anything right now  :c

ShadowHeart

I saw it and it taught me that the Living Tombstone lived in Tel Aviv....if that's how u spell it. If I had just been a brony a few years ago when I went, maybe I could've met him. I also saw a quick clip of what looked like an LoE mini game. It was a pegasi flying through red hoops with a timer. What have the staff been hiding from us. DUNdundun  :/ jk

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Chack

Wait for it...

Stardust Dragon

I'd anticipated this documentary for a while, ever since I learned about it and helped out over at the Kickstarter.  I think they want to try and distribute the film a bit more officially, so they would prefer anyone who wants to watch it to spend just a bit of money for a digital download of it for now.  A note I received with info for my download expressly said they would prefer if the whole thing was kept off most sites, Youtube in particular.  I have a link to the "main page" of the Bronies doc, with a link to a download page charging $12, and I hope that this is not controversial if I post it: http://www.bronydoc.com/Brony/MAIN.html

As to my opinion of the film, it reinforced my desire to go to Bronycon myself.  I'm kind of a shut-in, real shy guy, and while I've expressed interest in going to some con or another I never decided I wanted to.  Bronycon, however, is really grabbing my attention and just telling me that I need to go, eventually.  And as for the film and those who were shown in it, I just feel extremely proud to consider myself a Brony, even if I'm not as active in the community as anypony else.  It just...felt right, I guess.

Perteks

Ignore my grammar or PM me with correct version (it will help me to learn)

Little Judas

I recently saw it and felt a bit disappointed afterwards.
In order to counteract to the negative publicity from some tv-shows,
they created an image in the documentary of the "perfect brony".
And for some reason I didn't feel bronies like me were included in their view.
They describe them as people who collect, create drawings music and other art,develop games and give lots of money to charity.
Well let's be honest, I haven't done any of those things, I just watch the episodes and have the image of an OC (for whom I still need to work out the backstory more firmly).
Needless to say it didn't spoke to me.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Soft Fang

Its ok, i guess.

Does so good things, but...really....i feel like most of the stuff they showed is 'common knowledge.'. Doesn't show anything that might change people's minds. I get the feeling from it that if you weren't a fan of the show before this, this won't change your mind.
/Don't get me started on the questionable people on there and the whole 'Piracy' aftermath....

videogamehunter

I thought it was OK. I thought it could of been better but o well.

Go Up