Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

I wear concealer on my nose and eyes to cover up my blackheads and dark circles.  :\ And I flat iron my hair. Or at least I did before management made me cut it off.

On that note, why is it that long hair on a man is automatically dubbed "unprofessional" in most job settings? It's just a hairstyle for Christ's sake! Do women ever get fired or reprimanded for choosing to wear their hair short? Why does every man need to look exactly the same?

The in-joke I always hear is: "Men's long hair is unprofessional because the suits who makes the rules are balding old men who are jealous that younger men are capable of growing long hair."  :P

Little Star

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Jun 01, 12:48:12
I don't do makeup either. Actually I don't do most of the stuff girls these days do, I don't even like the same things as they do. And people think only guys play videogames which is 100% a lie. I know at least 5 girls who play videogames, and I don't know a lot of people.

And then there are the "gamer girls"

Who lick controllers and act like they game but don't.

Ramisha

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Jun 01, 13:37:02
I don't do makeup either. Actually I don't do most of the stuff girls these days do, I don't even like the same things as they do. And people think only guys play videogames which is 100% a lie. I know at least 5 girls who play videogames, and I don't know a lot of people.

Pipkin

Spoiler: show
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Jun 01, 14:28:26

And then there are women like my mom who could completely destroy me in CoD

Julius

The forums are broken on mobile now. Not sure if it's specific to my iPhone or not, but it's not visually appealing. >:/
Purr~

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Jun 01, 16:02:38
The forums are broken on mobile now. Not sure if it's specific to my iPhone or not, but it's not visually appealing. >:/

It's not just you.  I'm seeing differences too.
<br />

Randam Saiko

When somebody who sits next to me just came to class from gym without any deodorant on. So the whole period, I have to suppress my gagging and cringing in order to avoid being rude. Would it kill them to just spend 10 seconds to expel that putrid odor. :l

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Jun 01, 12:11:32
Anyway; onto the gender topic.
When guys/ society automatically assumes that just because I prefer guys to girls to hang out with just because I have a crush on them.
Tbh guys understand my humor more than most girls.
Don't get me wrong; a lot of girls my age are cool too but seriously.

Society assumes stuff way too much. That's really dumb.

^ This! Most of my friends in school have often been guys because I could never relate to the girls! They would sit around, listening to boy bands and talking about girly things, and they could never understand when I talked about video games and anime and rock music and stuff. For the longest time, my best friend was a guy, but everywhere we went, people assumed we were dating. It was actually a relief when a teacher asked us if we were siblings!

People's assumptions about us in high school damaged his chances of getting a girlfriend. I didn't really care about getting a boyfriend, but he was interested in possibly dating one of the girls he knew. The rumors that he and I were dating made that difficult for him.

"Mmm, yummy plastic, omnom. I'm so pretty."
That, and holding a disc up with their fingers or thumb on the shiny side, or even holding three discs up together that way. "yes im a girl, yes i play call of duty teehee" If you really do play video games, you ought to know that's not how you hold a disc. :/ If you do play them but hold the disc that way, you don't respect your games.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Pipkin

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Jun 01, 16:04:57
Quote from: Julius on 2014 Jun 01, 16:02:38

It's not just you.  I'm seeing differences too.

Are you guys talking about the borders on the sides of the page as seen below or something else?  Honestly the former doesnt bother me a whole lot but if there's something wrong make a post in site suggestions and bugs.

Spoiler: show

Julius

The borders and the text. The text size seems to have increased, while the overall space has decreased due to the borders, making it all look like it's all squished together. It's really bad. :s
Purr~

Zsaszz

I Thought that it was just my browser, ya have that same issue here with the borders at the side of the screen, it make the text looks compressed, and cut some images in half  :o, is not that it is extremely bad, but it's a little annoying.

Pipkin

hmm, ok, well I don't use my phone's browser so again it doesn't bother me but if it's an issue for anyone make a post in site bugs like I said so the team knows there's an issue with mobile compatibility

Midnight Breeze

Yesterday I came in the with a bag of groceries and spider fell on my head.  :I

Just now I walked out to go pay my rent and I walked right through a HUGE spiderweb built in my doorway.

Ooooh. I've never had problems with spiders before, don't tell me they're taking a liking to the place. I'm the kind of person who'll take a shotgun to a spider.  ono

Chromastone64

Exactly me with spiders. I almost have heart attacks when i see money spiders.  ono
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

Speaking of spiders, my friend was warning me about a deadly new species of spider that was smuggled into the country from Indonesia. She said it was a tiny spider that had been found living under the toilet seat in the bathroom of an Olive Garden in northern Florida and had already killed 5 women.

Naturally I was skeptical, so I googled 'deadly spider olive garden' and found out within 5 seconds that it was all a big hoax.  :/

Not only is the story entirely fictional, but it warns of a species of spider called the Two-Striped Telamonia. This is a real species of spider native to southeast Asia which is completely non-venomous and poses no danger to humans whatsoever.

The things people will believe because they refuse to do 3 milliseconds of their own research. I'll bet she's embarrassed about having been lifting toilet seats with her foot for a week.

MrEmu

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 02, 21:25:56completely non-venomous and poses no danger to humans whatsoever.

What about ponies? ono

ManeFlame

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jun 02, 23:24:29
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 02, 21:25:56completely non-venomous and poses no danger to humans whatsoever.

What about ponies? ono

They don't really pose much threat to humans either.

Chishio Kunrin

Last night, I took the trash out. When I got everything out to the can, I turned around and took one or two steps forward and felt something get stuck to the bottom of my shoe. I tried to scrape it off, but it wouldn't come off. I could feel it there, like there was kind of a bump from it that I could feel when I took a step. I limped back to the patio where there was some actual light, so I could see what it was.

When I lifted up my foot, I saw a red square that perfectly fit in the groove across the middle of my shoe's sole, so I figured "Oh, that's why I couldn't scrape it off." I grabbed it and pulled, but it wouldn't come off. Something didn't feel right. I tilted my foot to the side...

It was some kind of extremely rusty nail, where the head of it was a really really big square. :I
I took my shoe off and tried my hardest to pull it out, but it was stuck.

Soooo... Guess who needs new shoes now. :c
I'm lucky it didn't stab all the way through, though. As annoying as my stupid rough, rocky driveway is, it causes me to wear shoes any time I go out there, so that was actually pretty fortunate.

I could've gotten tetanus! >A<

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Randam Saiko

So last night I was trying to sleep when I felt something on my arm. I used my phone as a light source to find nothing at all on my arm. Only a few seconds later, I saw something crawl under my pillow. I got up and turned on the lights to find a spider crawling nearly centimeters from where my head was.
After disposing of it, I went back to bed. 5 minutes later, I felt something on my arm again. Same routine and found another spider on it.
3rd time trying to fall asleep and this time I felt something touching my ear. I immediately got up, turned on the lights and killed a silverfish on my pillow. Needless to say, I had trouble falling asleep (only got about 4 hours) as I was constantly checking my bed for anymore pests.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Jun 03, 15:09:07
So last night I was trying to sleep when I felt something on my arm. I used my phone as a light source to find nothing at all on my arm. Only a few seconds later, I saw something crawl under my pillow. I got up and turned on the lights to find a spider crawling nearly centimeters from where my head was.
After disposing of it, I went back to bed. 5 minutes later, I felt something on my arm again. Same routine and found another spider on it.
3rd time trying to fall asleep and this time I felt something touching my ear. I immediately got up, turned on the lights and killed a silverfish on my pillow. Needless to say, I had trouble falling asleep (only got about 4 hours) as I was constantly checking my bed for anymore pests.

Where the hell do you live? Botswana?

Go Up