Anyone remembers Runescape?

Started by Gouranga, 2014 Apr 27, 21:19:08

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Gouranga

I used to play this game so much when I was a kid, (which was fairly 8 years ago) and recently I've downloaded ALLOFTHE Runescape soundtracks! Here's one of my favorite ones for the nostalgic like me.
Spoiler: show

Midnight Breeze

I think I played that game when I was 13. Ten years ago. I'm rather amazed it's still going strong today.

Too bad it's unrecognizable.

Verdant Tome

I picked it back up for the first time in months today.

It is much too different than how it was when I was a kid. Too many rewards minigames (that you can only really play as a member, and/or with microtransactions) and even less non-members content than before (comparatively).

They still say it's free to play, and it technically is, but you can only do about 1% of anything as a non-member. Compared to the 5-ish% you could do about 8 or 9 years ago, when I started.

And the new UI layout is confusing to me. I don't know where all the buttons are.

Runescape 2 was the best Runescape.

AaronMk

I used to play it.

Then I got bored and now I realize I'm not amounting to much by sitting about left clicking and waiting for my guy to get 26 logs. Made worse when I have to compete with five other people on the same tree.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Yip

Runescape is incredible, but I heard from someone that you think of prior events from your childhood much more highly than ones of today because there were less memories back then. Regardless, Runescape is largely what is has been, and the changes aren't very big. Well, that's not true. There's a completely new combat system, new gui, lots of stuff. However, I think all the changes are for the better. If Jagex didn't change up Runescape a bit, players would only have the same experience over and over again. I love nostalgia as much as the next guy, but companies these days can't afford to rely on older players to keep coming back. They need brand new content to attract newer players.

Addressed to the person who said only 1 percent Free to Play members can really use; Although I won't argue with that statement, as F2P is very limited on Runescape, I have a theory. Perhaps the reason it went from 5 percent to 1 percent is because the game is five times as big?

Anyone remember Tutorial Island? I was quite a bit younger when I started several years ago, and my earliest memories of the game is fooling around with emotions and such on Tutorial Island.

Sea Foam

There are times when I genuinely miss the game from when I used to play back around 2005ish. It was monotonous as anything but I can't say I didn't love it. Even if I could go back and play the Runescape i remember, it wouldn't be the same, sadly.

Fun story time:
My 4th grade teacher got my class into the game. (He took out class time to show it to us).
So this one time, I found my teacher in the Wilderness... and I killed him. The next day he comes up to me, says nothing, and hands me a piece of paper with a big red F on it. We never spoke of it again.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Blue Shield

RuneScape? Yeah, I still play it. Both the new and old school whenever I'm able. :3

Laebenal

It used to be better and I used to play it but not anymore. I've moved to other games.
Nightmare pony is here!
[move][/move]
(.gif made by KoalaLover99)
My OCs
Here I am... Alone as always...

Takadaroba

Oh runescape, I played that game soooo much. My character is probably about 10 years old now. I just stopped playing a few months ago because it doesn't feel the same as it once did. (I might get sucked back in at some point :P) I was happy they released 07 Scape, but still, those childhood feels were unreachable. Funny, how in all that time, I only got 2 99's
If a normal soul weighs 21 grams, a fat person's soul must weigh 21 uh... graham crackers!
[move][/move]

Meryiel

I used to play Runescape some time ago but it didn't take me in. :( What do you see in this game? :I

Go Up