previous topic - next topic

Keep or remove?

Keep the Karma System
Remove the Karma System
Go Down

Liska

2012 Apr 06, 00:06:41 Last Edit: 2012 Apr 06, 04:16:29 by AnyaSmash
Hello everyone!
A recent discussion has lead us to getting rid of badges and titles for your post count. We feel that it should be quality not quantity.
In replacement of post counts giving you titles we now have a karma system!

We're still testing this feature, so please voice your thoughts and concerns in this thread.

In order to see what karma you've received, try going to your profile » Profile Info » "View Reputation"

If you cannot see this please inform us, as we're testing this feature and want to make sure it works properly.

If everything goes well, we will be removing post count badges.

Sending reputation:

To send reputation, click on the little (magic wand) under a person's avatar. Then you have to option to "Agree" and give them positive karma, or "Disagree" and give them negative karma. You don't necessarily have to agree with what they're saying to give somepony positive karma, as long as you like their post or think it's a good post, giving them positive karma will increase their reputation and in turn help them give others fair reputations!

Existing members all got 50 karma.
New forum members will get 25 karma.

Karma goes up or down by five points for every post. Each time you give someone karma, you must give three other people karma before giving that same person karma again.

Reputation Powers are given for every 100 reputation points you earn. It's just another symbol of your karma. The higher your reputation power, the more effect you have when you give another pony karma points.
You will gain another star for every 1,000 karma points you earn after you earn 2,000 karma points.
Hover over each your stars to see your special "title."

Hope you enjoy and post here if you find any issues with the system! ;)

Nala Valor

Well, I see it, I clic it and it's says that no one sent me reputation and I sent any. I tried sending it to someone else but I don't know how.  So how will it work?

Liska

Updated the first post with a guide. ^-^
Do you see the little magic wand?

Nala Valor

Yes I do, and it's good that I don't have one for me. I don't want me or others to cheat and give themselves max reputation.

Lord of Madness

i find this WONDERFUL!!! as wonderful as finding the lost city of atlantes made out of pinnies in your closet

Liska

2012 Apr 06, 00:32:25 #5 Last Edit: 2012 Apr 06, 00:35:15 by AnyaSmash
Do give us a minute, we're trying to reset everyone's post karma to be the same. ^-^
Turns out some people have zero and a few have a hundred. o_o

There we go, now everyone has 50 karma.
Thanks, cerebrate. ^-^

Ninkon

_____Cedar Woods____________Chilly Breeze_____________Bronze Kettle_____
http://forum.legendsofequestr

Sonic Heart

Oh this system is here now.....i dont think its really of any use to have this karma system really, i happen to be on another forum  that haves this system and there are a lot of pepole asking for karma in pm`s  (ofc in that forum, karma haves an important use).
Dont think it haves an important use here , but still, it was worth typing if it does!

Lord of Madness

i find karma AWESOME!!! but what are these... powers they speak of

Liska

I've updated the first post with a bit of information about the powers. It's basically how much effect you have on another person's karma.
So those with high karma will have more effect on when they give someone karma.

Ninkon

Like your new karma point Madness? I made it just for you.

_____Cedar Woods____________Chilly Breeze_____________Bronze Kettle_____
http://forum.legendsofequestr

Lord of Madness

I SAW THAT!! now.. go check yours.. for AWESOMENESS!!!

Itty Bit

I think I'm gonna like this system. I gave you some karma yourself for making this new system!

Liska

Some changes have been made for the Karma System.

Your second star comes once you get 2,000 karma points and every 1,000 points from then on gets you another star.

This may make things more challenging, but the whole point of the karma system was to better achieve higher quality posts and to lessen spam, not just to get shiny stars. ^-^

Any abuse of the system will result in a -5,000 karma total! Enjoy! ;)

McSleuthburger

ill be interested to see how it works and if people even try to abuse it, on other forums ive been on i have seen this system scrapped but I do like it better than the post count titles because you can just spam get the large number
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Lord of Madness

there are penalties now!!! now ponies will think twice before spamming bad karma on ponies they dont like  :)

Brick Stonewood

I've found an interesting bug with this, but it seems to be an error with the modification itself, so I'm unsure whether or not there is an immediate solution available. Still, it can't hurt to report it here, and perhaps you can find a solution where I failed to. On the users' profile pages, there appear the "good" and "bad" reputation buttons, but upon clicking either, one receives an error message. If the modification package for profile comments is simply not able to work in combination with the one for the reputation system, perhaps there is some way to simply disable it from appearing on these comments. I've never been much of a coder, as you're well aware, so I hesitate to modify anything myself beyond the simple cosmetic aspects, such as the titles for each rank, and the like. We had a lot of fun with those. At any rate, if anyone wants to make an attempt at fixing this, I'd consider your own chances of success well above my own.

iAN

Oooo, karma system. I liketh.  :D

Ründo

this is so peculiar. I'm still confused by it though, won't some ponies still spam post? or is the idea that good post will generate far more in the long run?
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

Lord of Madness

well now instead of being frowned apun for spam posting you can now be penalized, which will keep others from spam posting or posting for just the sake of posting

Go Up