Pure at Heart [SIGN-UP]

Started by Laurel Crown, 2015 Dec 15, 18:57:17

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Laurel Crown

2015 Dec 15, 18:57:17 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 18, 04:59:58 by Laurel Crown
Sign-Up Thread: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=15480.0

"After a timeless sleep, seven ponies wake up in a mysterious cave with no memory of what happened to them. What's even more mysterious is they all have a special gem on their body that represent their best 'Trait'. Furthermore, they will encounter a strange mare with two horns on her temples: a 'demon' called Lachesis, and discover a new world called Kata-Edafos."

Participants
1) Laurel Crown (Sea Breeze)
2) Scarlet Ink
3) Predestine (FakeSmile)
4) Blazing Legend (Annorules)
5) Grand Illusion (Stryder221)
6) Blue Thunder (BlazingInfinity)
7) Greater Aegis

If you are not a participant, please do not reply here unless you want to be reported

Post Merge

Sea Breeze opens her eyes...
Still confused and tired, she rises up from the ground massaging her head. "Ow... where am I?"
She is in a cave with blue rocky walls. Some azure mushrooms were lighting the place while the top is covered by deep darkness, making it impossible to see what's above.
Then there's a waterfall that ends on a lake near her. Does she remembers what happened before waking up? ...of course not. It's like she had some kind of amnesia.
Sea Breeze is a pegasus from Cloudsdale. A fitness maniac and a protein junkie, she never wanted to be a Wonderbolt or the "fastest flyer in Equestria"... All she desires is to be an athlete. Thanks to her strong body she developed through years of exercise, she was able to recover quickly and already stands on her hooves.

She feels some pain in her left shoulder... only to discover that a mysterious blue gem, probably a sapphire or a lapis lazuli, is carved deep into her shoulder. It's impossible to detach from her body. It is stuck on her body and it won't go.
Another strange thing is Sea Breeze noticing six other ponies, laying down unconsciously just like her before. They all have a some sort of gem on their body like her. She decides to go the nearest pony.

"Hey! Wake up!"

FakeSmile

2015 Dec 18, 08:47:37 #1 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 18, 09:39:36 by FakeSmile
Spoiler: Predestine • show

A mare with a cheery mane sat a great distance from the group. She had a pair of overalls on with a white T-shirt underneath, and her favourite bandana on her head. She wasn't really confused nor did she panic. . . . Well, it was hard to tell what she was feeling; a frown rested on her face and it looked like its been there for years. The mare didn't know if she should wake the others up or allow them to rest. She woke up around the same time as Sea Breeze, but made an effort to keep quiet; she didn't really know what to say to her. Instead of being helpful, she decided to take a seat near the lake. Now she was staring down at her own reflection. As pretty as the cave was, it did leave the mare with a lot of questions. The two biggest ones being, "How did I end up here?" and, "Why is there a gem on my head?" The mare took a glance around the cave. It was mostly dark, besides a few mushrooms, so there wasn't much to see. She then focused back on her reflection.  The crimson gem laid comfortably on her forehead, and appeared like it moved in for good. As she started to rub her gem, she startled herself; she didn't expect it to be actually attached to her. A soft sigh escaped from the mare's frown, she had too many questions that needed answers. She looked over her shoulder at Sea Breeze again. A part of her wanted to call out, but she didn't want to be the first pony anyone woke up to. The mare could only assumed her questions will be answered when the others wake up. For now, she'll sit back and watch the waterfall.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

ScarletInk

2015 Dec 18, 09:48:01 #2 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 18, 09:52:30 by ScarletInk
*Scarlet wakes up hearing Sea Breeze's voice and feeling a strange sensation on her throat*

W-what...?

*even before opening her eyes, she raises a hoof to her throat and feels a gem stuck on her white fur. She tries lazily to remove it, but it wouldn't budge*

What?

*finally opening her eyes, she gazes at the cavern around her, admiring the beautiful piace before waking up completely and remember she should be in her library*

What?!  :I

*she stands up, wobbles with dizzyness and look frantically around*
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

Laurel Crown

"Good morning... at least I think it is morning..." she says to the finally awake pony.

FakeSmile

2015 Dec 18, 17:15:06 #4 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 18, 17:17:23 by FakeSmile
The mare turned her attention to the group of sleeping ponies long enough to watch one of them wake up. She thought the mare looked a bit nerdy, but you can't be too picky with your company when stuck in a cave. Still, she wanted to wait for the others to rise from their slumbers before engaging into any type of conversation; it'll be easier to blend in with the background. The mare turned her attention back to her reflection, but started to ease drop on the two gals conversation. . . One of the mares brought up something interesting, she too wasn't sure if it was morning or night. The farmer gal turned her attention toward the ceiling of the cave. . . . She didn't see any bats, so it must be night time. . . Or this is just a bat-less cave. . . Who knows or cares; the mare didn't. The mare glanced back at the pile of unconscious ponies; only four more needed to wake up. A bored sigh escaped from the mare, she didn't really want to wait on them. . . A part of her wanted to wonder off and find the exit. But the other part knew if she were to get lost, she might never be found. The gal decided it would be best to sit back a bit longer and ease drop on the other woken ponies' conversation.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

annosrules

A stallion lays stooped over against the wall of the cave, and and a brown cowboy hat rests along his forehead and snout, looking as if placed their to shield his eyes from the sun during a nap.

Greater Aegis

Aegis made a mental note to herself. If she is going to take a nap on her favorite fluffy lion pillow, it will be on her bed, NOT the floor. She silently mumbled as she felt the cold, unforgiving ground across her body. Cold. Why does it have to be cold every time she wakes up? One thing did, however, leave her feeling a bit uneasy. Last she checked, there was no company in her room when she fell asleep. So why did she hear voices somewhere ahead of her. Despite her chilled, sleepy state, she quickly scrambled to her hoofs and wildly rubbed the sleep from her face. While doing so, something else felt off... err, well, the lack of feeling on her forehead anyway. Stopping her frantic rubbing, she brought a hoof to her forehead only to touch a hard, and unfortunately cold object instead. Aegis finally opened her eyes, and it only confirmed her suspicions. She was definitely not in her room anymore. She looked about the cave she found herself suddenly stranded in.
The cave actually was quite pretty, the luminous blue glow was relaxing, and the sound of crashing waterfall in the distance made it far more homey than she would have imagined. Then she saw the sleeping ponies on the ground, and she immediately concerned once more. Where and why they are here wasn't much of a worry, but whether or not they were okay. On further examination, she couldn't she any malicious markings near or on them, so the must have been either carefully transported, or teleported here. The voices came down from ahead her once again, and she ran over too investigate, careful to not disturb the others. She would rather not have to be the one to make a rude awakening. Nearing the voices, she saw that two ponies had awoken, or one was talking to another who had just woken up, and decided to go and see if either of them had any idea what happened.

[glow=yellow,2,300]Hey, are you two alright, and if either of you know just how we got here, please do explain, otherwise I sense that we all might be in some slight danger...[/glow]
Huge thanks to FakeSmile for the avatar!

Stryder221

A small Earls Green unicorn simply turned over at the sound of somepony's voice, grumbling somewhat as he reached around, apparently looking for a sheet.
Oh, signature? Well, mine's G.I, no Joe at the end. Wait, that's not how this signature thingy works, is it?
Ah well, it's not like anyone pays any actual attention to these things; I'm sure it'll be fine.

_BlazingInfinity

Blue turns over and falls off of the rock he was laying on.

"Five more minutes." he said. He remained asleep.
That moment when you realize that you are an apple...
Toast is amazing.

ScarletInk

Quote from: Laurel Crown on 2015 Dec 18, 14:05:42
"Good morning... at least I think it is morning..." she says to the finally awake pony.

Who-who are your? Where are we?*breathing deeply, trying to not  panic*  :I

FakeSmile

Watching the gushing waterfall got boring after a while so she turned around to examine the other ponies. It appeared that a stallion was leaning up against a wall, another stallion was reaching out for something, and the last stallion was talking to himself. . . She deemed all three stallions boring and weird. As she was about to turn back toward the waterfall, a yellow figure caught her eye. The mare watched the yellow gal converse with the other mares. . . It seems like the females are gathering. Since the silent mare was a female, she decided she should probably join them. Slowly, the mare rose from her front row seat of the waterfall and turned toward the group of mares. Making her way through the cave, she sheepishly approached the group of girls. She really didn't like chat circles, but she also didn't like being out of the info loop. Once she made it to the group she . . . awkwardly stood there. She really didn't have anything to say to the mares, she just wanted to listen to what they had to say. They also seemed just as confused as she probably should be; so she doubt they really had anything worth telling. But it would probably ease their nerves to have a formed a group.To make her self feel less awkward and more friendly, she decided to take a seat on the cave's ground. The mystic mare slowly took a seat on the ground. Once she got comfortable, she lightly patted the ground in front of her; this was her way of telling the other mares to take a seat.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

ScarletInk

*Scarlet sits down, looking around and studying the other ponies to distract herself: she notices they also got gems stuck somewhere on their body and are as confused as her.
Shaking a red streak was from her eyes, she cleans nervously her glasses with a flap of her purple jacket, gazing at the other sitting mare*

Laurel Crown

Sea Breeze sits down and, noticing the awkward silence, she decides to speak loudly so that everypony could listen to her.
"Very well, colts and mares. It seems like we have... woken up in this cave, having no memo about what happened before and to make matter worse: we all have these cursed gems stuck on our bodies that, for what reason, cannot be removed yet they do not hurt us. Not to be the one in charge here but we should share our infos to each pony."

Everypony agrees and starts, one by one, to say their name, talent and jobs. A couple of minutes pass and Sea Breeze tries to remember each pony's name and profession. They are...
Sea Breeze herself, an athlete and protein junkie
Scarlet Ink, a writer
Predestine, a fortune teller
Blazing Legend, a cartographer
Grand Illusion, born from a noble family and specialized in illusion magic and tricks
Blue Thunder, a travelling mage
and Greater Aegis, born from a royal family with a talent in defensive magic.

After memorizing each pony's name and talent, she asks.
"So... does anypony know where the hay we are? Anypony?"

FakeSmile

2015 Dec 18, 18:46:46 #13 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 18, 19:46:53 by FakeSmile
(( I wasn't goin' to reveal her name just yet. . . ))

When it was her turn to tell her name. . . She just sat with a blank expression. Why would she tell these strangers her name, or even her occupation? Just cause we woke up in the same cave with mysterious gems, doesn't make us all friends. Nah, instead of saying anything, the mare dug out her tarot cards from her overalls' front pocket. She shuffled through the deck till she found the card she was looking for. She then held up a card with a golden cup flowing with water, much like her cutie mark, and it read " Ace Of Cups". She assumed this would be a good enough fake name for her and it probably gave them a general idea of her type of work. The mare continued to sit in silence; she still didn't think she had anything worth saying to the group and none of them really sparked her interest. No, she just sat their with her neutral expression while everyone else exchanged personal information.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Stryder221

2015 Dec 18, 18:58:03 #14 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 19, 00:02:26 by Stryder221
[I didn't mind it before, Laurel, because you had to keep a story going and it didn't seem too terrible at the time, but could you please relax a bit on forcing our characters into doing things? Some of us might have had a neat introduction written up. And, heck, some ponies might even be asocial enough NOT to talk. :s]

Illusion suddenly woke with a start, looking more than a bit annoyed. "Okay, I call shenanigans. I didn't say any... Anythin'..." With a huge yawn, the colt tipped over and landed back on the ground with a thud, already asleep again.
Oh, signature? Well, mine's G.I, no Joe at the end. Wait, that's not how this signature thingy works, is it?
Ah well, it's not like anyone pays any actual attention to these things; I'm sure it'll be fine.

_BlazingInfinity

Blue wakes up.

"Was I talking to myself in my sleep again? Well good morning ManeHat- Who are you ponies?" he asked.
That moment when you realize that you are an apple...
Toast is amazing.

Greater Aegis

Aegis was a bit to off set to sit down and instead took to pacing back and forth in a small arc. Something was definitely wrong here, and she was not just about to let her guard down now. The idea of getting to know each other better, though, was a good start. Aegis, rather hastily, gave out a brief history of herself, and where she came from. She didn't really expect them to understand the Idols in such a short summery, but they were not important right now. She listened intently to what some of the other conscious ponies had to say, but the cherry colored mare really caught her attention. She didn't say anything, but the only information she gave out was in the form of the words on some type of card that simply read "Ace of Cups". Whether she was telling the group her name or something else, she couldn't quite tell, but there was definitely something more to her than what she is letting on. It also seemed like some of the other ponies she saw were finally rousing.

[glow=yellow,2,300]Best join us, we are about to get to that...[/glow]
Huge thanks to FakeSmile for the avatar!

Laurel Crown

[I just didn't want to call every OC "this pony", "that pony" or "the pony with the tarots"... even worse I could have used fake nicknames like in 999. So I had to force myself to remember each pony name even if that would have meant doing godmodding.
To be honest, it actually fits Sea Breeze. Her trait is trust and, unlike Laurel Crown, she's more like "Think AFTER you act". She's not dumb but not even reflective XD]

"well..... that was a complete bust....." she mutters to herself.

She looks at the card given by the mysterious pony and scratches her head.
"So... your name is Ace of Cups... Are prepositions even allowed?"

Stryder221

[There were other ways to get their names. Like, say, a little note or a scrap of paper with everyone's names written down.]

Illusion continued to stir, mumbling something about all the noise before, finally, he seemed to wake up. For real, this time.
He took a breath as he looked around, seeing the strange surroundings and unfamiliar ponies. "Oh boy... It's gonna be one of those days, isn't it...?"

FakeSmile

2015 Dec 19, 08:45:23 #19 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 19, 12:04:32 by FakeSmile
The mare looked at Sea Breeze as if she said something ridiculous, which she did. There are no laws on what can or can't be in a name; especially fake names. What a weird group of ponies she got stuck with. . . . But to answer the question about her name, she just nodded. She opened her mouth to say something along the lines of a shorter version of the name, till she heard a noise behind her. The mare slowly turned  and saw one of that two stallions have woken up. Finally, maybe they can leave soon. This place was getting boring and she was hungry. The mare motioned for the two stallions to come join the gals. Even though it was a female circle, the mare assumed the other gals wouldn't mind.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Go Up