Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

For some reason, it kind of bothers me when people put up a picture of a replica of a sword from an anime, and that sword actually has a name, and they're like "I want this!" But they title it with some little description without saying its name, or they put the wrong name for it.

Like... "(anime name) (character's name) full tang katana anime sword"
I'm like "Ok. You know the anime, the character, you really want their sword... but you don't even know the sword's name. Learn the sword's name, and I'll get back to you." This is mostly with swords whose names are said over and over and over and over and over again in the series. This is the case in Bleach.
"Dance, Sode no Shirayuki" "Roar, Zabimaru" "Growl, Haineko" "Zangetsu" "Scatter, Senbonzakura"

I'm moderately annoyed that there are people calling the first form of the main character's sword "Tensa Zangetsu". That's the second form's name. The first is simply Zangetsu. If you think you're a big enough fan to where you deserve a replica of the main character's sword, get the dang name right.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

ChilledEagle

Quote from: AAA13 on 2012 Jul 23, 03:12:37
When My mother goes to talk to me and says my brothers name instead. >:(

I have the same problem, but it isn't just my mom. It's like everybody in my family (aunts, uncles, etc.)

I get annoyed when people call me "Alex" instead of "Alec". Honestly, it's not that hard of a name to remember...

Fudgemuffin

Quote from: ChilledEagle on 2012 Jul 23, 05:49:49

I have the same problem, but it isn't just my mom. It's like everybody in my family (aunts, uncles, etc.)

I get annoyed when people call me "Alex" instead of "Alec". Honestly, it's not that hard of a name to remember...

Apparently, I have three names according to my mom. lol
Nearly everyone I've met pronounces my name wrong too. >:/

Chishio Kunrin

You get used to it. I think. Still not sure how I feel about people misspelling my first name and having issues with my last name.

Sometimes I wonder how dumb people are when it comes to names. I mean, my mom's name is Cassandra. She says that people misspell her name all the time. Could've sworn people knew how to spell it. She also says that people misspell her friend Quentin's name.
I guess I can understand misspelling my first name, though. People always assume it's Tricia, but it's not. I can spell "a shirt" if I rearrange my name. You know what that means? It's spelled Trisha.

My last name shouldn't be that difficult, though. >.< Come on.. It's so simple. Sure, it's not Smith, and sure, it's fairly uncommon, but still.

Lord of Madness

everyone misspells my last name :T

ChilledEagle

Quote from: Fudgemuffin on 2012 Jul 23, 06:51:21

Well apparently, according to my Algebra 2 teacher my name is John... I'm not quite sure where he got John from. I mean it's kinda hard to mistake me for someone else with a big, bold, name on top of an assignment.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: ChilledEagle on 2012 Jul 23, 08:12:50
Spoiler: show

Well apparently, according to my Algebra 2 teacher my name is John... I'm not quite sure where he got John from. I mean it's kinda hard to mistake me for someone else with a big, bold, name on top of an assignment.

I had a teacher like that once... i think he did it on purpose  :/

Firey

The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jul 23, 08:35:12
Quote from: ChilledEagle on 2012 Jul 23, 08:12:50
Spoiler: show

I had a teacher like that once... i think he did it on purpose  :/

Yeah, that's probably fun for some people to do, even though it annoys people they do it to. A couple friends and I once did a roleplay where we played characters attending a high school for students with special abilities (not totally original, I know, but it was fun), and one of my friends played the principal. The principal always got everyone's name wrong. However, if a student corrected him, he'd punish them, and he could control darkness and shadows. :I

Zygrograxgra

The way characters act in Anime.
I have yet to see a single Anime that didn't have all the characters fail to change their emotion like an actual person would.
And all the sudden over exaggerations in it, really?

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jul 23, 10:47:10
The way characters act in Anime.
I have yet to see a single Anime that didn't have all the characters fail to change their emotion like an actual person would.
And all the sudden over exaggerations in it, really?

This might be a cultural issue. I think in Japan, people are often more calm and flat. They're expected not to show a lot of emotion in public.

Still, though, I cringe whenever an anime does something that people who don't watch anime make fun of it for.

Blues-Music

1.Every time I go to the ocean I come out bleeding for some reason.I know its the salt water healing my wounds ,but most of them are just bumps why do I have to bleed?
2.The people that think any video game is good just because they are in denial of paying money over something bad.
3.Having a rational , and sensible fear , but get shunned for it.I fear guns ,and for good reason they are weapons that kill.Yet i'm called a coward by idiots that are too scared to sleep without nightlights.
4.Like zygrograxgra said over reaction on TV.Like a character says something stupid then the next thing is the other characters eyes turn white , and cry white they get a random cat mouth type of smile , and fall out of the ground with a giant drop of water appearing on the corner of the screen.

Zygrograxgra

When people say something like...
CoD is fun because it's fun.
It works because it works.
MLP sucks because it sucks
Stuff like that.
A is not A because A
A is not B because B

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Johannes

When spoons, forks and knives are one big mess.

ChilledEagle

I get annoyed by the fact I have a better possibility of learning something useful from video games than I do from school, but I'm still forced to learn repeated information from school.

Blues-Music

The possibilty to enhance something , but refusing because it leaves tradition.
Like chilledeagle said replacing video games with school could be the best educational program ever when done right.A resume could be printed as you're high score like I said in my previous post.Kids could go to a building where they all play an online game of school with some fun things here ,and there ,but no one takes it seriously.Why?Who knows they think learning to play is better than playing to learn.You know how much kids love to play video games instead of doing schoolwork , and thats considered a problem?Well it would be considered as an enhancement as they train video games they would get better at school.

Zygrograxgra

I know for a fact that facts I learned in video games I remember.
I keep on forgetting stuff in school.
So sure, let's learn through games!

The fact that people don't know that writing is an art, and that video games can be art as well.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

The Wandering Magus

when somepony goes to another culture and starts complaining about it.

"ooh, __'s are so __"

Just plain annoying, not to mention rude.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Blues-Music

When i'm judged by something i'm part of ((Not bronies thats a different story since I already think bronies are great)).I am a muslim((Imagine I never said that lets not get into a religouse debate)) , and to every other none muslim i'm a terrorist because of those stupid idiots claiming to be muslims that blew themselves up in 911.

The Wandering Magus

sometimes i get annoyed that certain individuals refuse to speak or allow discussions concerning certain subjects in certain places >.<
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Go Up