Winter Open Server Test Announcement! January 24th-26th!

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Jan 02, 23:49:38

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

MichalPlays

Fra32

Ohmyhodohmygodohmygodohmygood :3

I still remember the last one, been quite a while again. Gotta think about something elsseeee!

theoneofthetigers

yay!!!! this will be my very first time playing legends of equestria, cant wait!!!!! :D

noah6411

(This is a double post, I've deleted the old post so it's like a bump)

Will the Pony Creator on the homepage ever get updated with the server weekends? It's been two versions behind since... well, two versions.

asmcint

Will there actually be a render distance option this time? I bought my PC in December of 2011 and the lack of this option makes it impossible to run the game smoothly.

Hash Myth

Quote from: asmcint on 2015 Jan 18, 19:55:58
Will there actually be a render distance option this time? I bought my PC in December of 2011 and the lack of this option makes it impossible to run the game smoothly.

what OS, CPU, Ram and video card do you have? Just saying December 2011 means nonthing in the computer world.

Chack

Quote from: asmcint on 2015 Jan 18, 19:55:58

Even my junky laptop from '09 could at least run the game (on low settings, mind you). I don't doubt that a computer 2 years newer can run it. Though it really depends...
What kind of specs does your computer have?
Wait for it...

asmcint

AMD Athlon II X4 645 @3.1 GHz
4 GB of DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE integrated(the real reason I can't run this game smoothly)

This would be fine to run the game if I could actually turn down the render distance. Even at minimum settings with everything looking like a pixellated mess, it just renders far too much for the GPU to keep up. Really, it should be a non-issue considering that the loose idea of system requirements frequently used state that any PC made after 2007 should be fine to run the game. =/

Pipkin

Quote from: asmcint on 2015 Jan 18, 22:16:19
4 GB of DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE integrated(the real reason I can't run this game smoothly)

This would be fine to run the game if I could actually turn down the render distance. Even at minimum settings with everything looking like a pixellated mess, it just renders far too much for the GPU to keep up. Really, it should be a non-issue considering that the loose idea of system requirements frequently used state that any PC made after 2007 should be fine to run the game. =/

Those rough requirements also say "an okay graphics card."  Integrated chipsets aren't designed for heavy gaming, they are more aimed towards basic video functionality.  Looking at your other specs I don't see you having any issues running most games if you can upgrade to a graphics card instead of using your onboard chipset since it's bottlenecking your rig.

As for answering your question since i'm not a member of programming I am not sure if lowering render distances is an option or will be an option at this time. Sorry

~Durpy

4 GB of DDR3 RAM

Using integrated graphics will give you a bad time.
Processor, and ram are fine. The minimum for graphics, I would probably assume a high-ish teir $50 graphics card, preferably Nvidia Geforce GT 520 or above or an ATI equivalent.

When I was on my nvidia gt 520 it ran okay at around 40-80 frames, on a medium resolution. If you want the SUPER MEGA MAXED OUT SETTINGS without a sign of lag, you'll be looking towards spending $170 on a GPU.
My suitcase full of bees should put a stop to this!!

Pegasister Rena

Hey everypony! Can't wait to play again with everyone. I think i'm gonna create a new pony! i gonna call her "Apple Bubble" a new cousin for Apple Bloom and even a new blank flank to join the Cutie Mark Crusaders! Keep an eye out for me ok everypony!
I'm proud to be a Brony/Pegasister.

PrincessButton

[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Thrasher Dash

Can't wait any longer now me and stock will be one :#  ovO
If you see Princess Twilight (Unicorn) or Thrasher Dash (Pegasus) that's me!

Hash Myth

almost download day  ^-^

At least I still have time to create my pony  :D

blackhawk

4 GB of DDR3 RAM

In this case you could go with nVidia GTX650 1GB version, it will improve your gaming experience, it opened to me a lot more than it's suitable once I voided warranty lol But with stock settings GTX650 1GB GDDR5 is a budged beast and costs $96 to $110 depending on a brand, but EVGA is recommended one.

Plottyscorpion

OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH  :3 Another OSW! Alright! Let's do this thang!

Groove Sick

A few more days left

it still feels so long

Still stomping me hooves

It's gonna be epic alright, alright :]
Where our music is welcome we will play it loud...

Where our music is challenged we will play it LOUDER!!!!

Aria BIaze

PrincessButton

Y'all better enjoy yourselves! (But also please be good. - o-) <3
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Blazebolt 2

SO on what day do the servers open for good ( final release date :s anypony Know

Go Up