Canterlot: City of Light! City of Magic! (Open/Jump in RP.)

Started by Onyx Quill, 2017 Nov 29, 00:03:10

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

indigoEruption

2017 Nov 29, 22:42:13 #20 Last Edit: 2017 Nov 29, 22:48:35 by mirustal Reason: Making the info work
[Ink Comet's Information]
Name: "Ink Comet" (His real name is Miru Loulis, but this is very private information. Very few people know his real name.)
Race: Still considered an Earth Pony.
Talent:He passes off his talent as writing about 'fictional worlds'. He has shown to have some sort of talent with navigation, as well. He is also a great spook/grump tamer! Ahaha, this can't pass as an actual talent; just joking!
Personality: Childish and dependent, Ink is rarely seen away from those he considers a close friend. He can be a bit naive as well, wanting to believe something positive about others. He has a rather angry, distrusting voice in his head, however, who often piles onto the already existing paranoia. Once somebody has earned Ink's trust, he will often follow them, hoping to be of assistance, or to stay away from other possible dangers. He also tries to keep his more aggressive friends under control, as he is not a fan of fighting. However, if he must, he will attack with surprising strength.
Occupation: His job and titles are 'Guardian', and 'The Host'. He doesn't like expanding on what these roles are, or mentioning them at all. All that matters to him right now in the term 'occupation' is the fact he is on vacation. Although I will say his Host title does not refer to him hosting a party.
Misc:Despite how friendly he appears to be, this feminine pony keeps some secrets to himself! For one, he has managed to stay nearly completely off the map of officials. This is most likely due to him being unregistered in the land of Equestria.
He can't use common unicorn abilities despite having a horn. The horn in question is actually considered artificial! It allows him to focus his powers of creating portals, however.
If one is curious on what he looks like, please check Ink Comet's CharaHub! It is linked in my signature! There are more bits of information on him in there!
Spoiler: Deep Secrets nobody should know about him except for a select few. • show

Ink, as Nightlight knows, was originally human! However, he keeps this a secret, and now wonders if he can be called human anymore due to many alterations that have happened since he 'disappeared' from Earth for a while.
Ink met Colere and Zacharie in another land that played by a completely different set of rules, and now lives in that land. He was originally considered a threat, as the transition to the land left him...Certainly not human. He became known as a Ghoul due to his supposed status of being a physical being that was possibly alive and dead at the same time.
The angry voice that often pops up in Ink's thoughts is actually a dead rabbit that contains immense knowledge, pulling it in from the area. It mainly only gives Ink knowledge of landmarks, or places of interests. It tends to be sarcastic and snarky, reminding Ink not everything is delightfully fun.
Ink has lead in a war before, and won!
He has seen the meteor apocalypse.
His life stretches quite far, and should not be peered into.
These secrets are known by a select few. Colere and Zacharie have the option of knowing these dark facts and more upon request. Nightlight knows of Ink's real name and how he appears as a human. These are the only three I have considered knowing special, intimate knowledge of Ink.

Aaah, it was such a long quiet ride, wasn't it? Ink groaned and stretched whenever he finally got off the train to Canterlot, shaking himself off in front of the train station. He of course traveled with his friend, as they had some things to do together in this big ol' city!
For Ink, this meant visiting another friend's shop, as well as maybe buying a few things, sight see a little. Maybe try some of the food here. You know, be a tourist! The idea filled the long eared pony with glee, a bright smile on his face! He dug a map out of his saddle pack (which was mostly empty except for some snacks), hoping to find the location of his friend's shop on the map. After making sure his partner had gotten off the train as well, he began walking, a bit of a bounce in the pony's step!
On his way to find his dear friend's shop! We can do it!

ColourKitty

Spoiler: Character • show

Name: Colère

Race: Mutant Changeling/Griffin

Talent: He appears to have a knack for finding the corrupt, and taking down those who should be hard to take down. It is unknown how he determines who is "impure" and "pure", but it seems to depend on the person/pony/whatever. In addition to this, he seems to have the odd ability of Telepathy, though he cannot control when he uses it and what he hears. Thoughts appear as voices to him, and he will either hear everyone's thoughts, or no one's thoughts.

Personality: While mainly stoic and emotionless, he does tend to have a more angry side of him. Whilst overwhelmed (via thoughts or other means), he will quickly turn to anger and burst out. He highly dislikes getting angry, as it clouds his judgement, but he will sometimes take that anger, and turn it into something rather sinister. Colere does not seem to be afraid of the thought of needing to fight to the death, or will he try to avoid it. He is rarely seen without his buddy, Ink by his side. The griffin is quite attached to his pony friend, though most would be unsure why, he makes it clear that if anything were to happen to Ink, he would do something quite rash.

Misc: Colere is sometimes referred to as "The Batter" or some form of that. The name "The Batter" is more of a title to him, though it is used as a nickname by his close friends. As a mutant changeling, he does not feed on love, rather he seems to feed on "impurity" or "corruption". It is unsure how his body/mind determines what is eatable, but that doesn't quite matter. He is always in his griffin form, and his attitude makes it hard to find out what he truly is. It is also hard to figure out that he can hear others thoughts, as he never leads onto it, or never really says that he can. Unless another can read thoughts (which around Colere there might be an echo of thoughts), a regular pony will not find out.

(Looks in the link in sig)

Colere stepped out from the train, feathers puffed up. He eyed everyone around him, glaring as he intently listened to whispered thoughts. He put a wing around his horse friend, Ink, staying near him. The monochrome, and rather beefy, griffin held his head high. Canterlot. The city of the princesses. The perfect time to observe how this new, and rather strange, land is like. How exciting. Well, not really. He has no feelings towards it, and instead feels like it's his job to inspect here.

"I am glad the tram ride is over,"

Colere said a bit quietly. In all honesty, he really hated trains. It reminded him of home. A home he rather not remember. He was quiet the whole ride, listening the whole time. Now though, he was off and could relax.

"Where is the first place we go?"

Colere looked down at Ink, tilting his head.
Corruption depends on the person.

Character Ref's: Colere

The Merchant

Spoiler: Information/Form • show
Name: Zacharie
Race: Bat Pony
Talent: Zacharie is well known to give off a guiding vibe, bringing ponies to often believe him. Sense of royalty in some way. Not much is known about his talent.
Personality: Zacharie is a very serious, but not serious? No no that's not it, he's a very mischievous one. Playing pranks and often making puns purposely. Though this is only half of him, he can be very calm and helpful. Mostly it's his business is where he acts like so. Watching and observing the others, or what he calls 'Players,' he doesn't know why he calls everyone players. It seemed fitting, in some cases that is.
Occupation: Merchant, usually found at Canterlot selling apples and other knickknacks.
Misc: Probably the fact that he can hear the slightest of whispers, irritates him sometimes. Stupid hearing. Also owns a small white cat with two black circles on his cheeks. His name is Meon.

Zacharie had been pushing different barrels in front and behind his set up, filled with different colored apples that he tends to sell. Sometimes sneaking a few from the barrels when he was hungry. He wasn't expecting a crowd of voices near his set up, it was loud and annoying. Of course he has to interact with them and pushing himself out of his comfort zone. It was his job. He can't just stop doing his job just because of that little zone that he can perfectly keep control of; besides, he loves this job with all his heart. It's enjoyable, fun, and relaxing to watch everyone come by. Unless they are screaming and his ears pick it up like they are screaming right into his ear. That's where all the relaxation disappears. Oh well, he can deal with it. It's not unusual at this point.
Quote from: Zacharie``Rather than play by the rules, why don't we break them like you do? Mes ami?``
Wanna meet Zacharie?

indigoEruption

Quote from: ColourKitty on 2017 Nov 29, 23:38:04"Where is the first place we go?"

Colere looked down at Ink, tilting his head.
"Well! We should drop by our dear friend's shop first! You know, Zach's! It would be nice to find a point we know is safe in a big city like this, right?" Ink chirps out, continuing to walk along while the other's wing was now around him.
"The...Ride didn't bother you too much, did it? Should we walk next time?" Ink asks the other, brows upturned. It was an honest question. He would rather walk to towns if it meant his friend wouldn't be bothered by trains.
He has a feeling the other is reminded of THOSE trams. The place with the furnaces. Concern fills his face for a bit at the thoughts of those places, but quickly forces a toothy grin to his face for the griffin. Ah, his buckteeth. They're not so obvious anymore. Oh well. He isn't much of a bunny anymore anyways, is he?
He nearly trips over himself while distracted, but keeps himself from falling or stopping. Although, his face is rather red now from embarrassment. Nobody saw that, right?

ScarletInk

Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2017 Nov 29, 19:33:16*Onyx, who's balancing Scarlet on his head somehow while carrying her inside, turns to Night and grins*

"Hey Night! Just giving our dear friend here a boost."

(Sorry for the late reply, it was late at night and I was sleeping. ^^')

Hey, Night! Can you give a friend a hoof? I'm trying to climb down but I'm fighting against an ex-soldier!

*Scarlet has been trying to escape ever since Onyx picked her up, hoping no one else is noticing them.*
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2017 Nov 29, 17:39:53What? On your back? I'm fine, really! I just...Well, probably lessons are still going on, so it would be little to no polite to interrupt just because I want to see my sis, so I'll think I'll come back-ouch!

*In her haste to retreat, Scarlet ends up butting her flank against a street lamp.*
Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2017 Nov 29, 18:11:05*Onyx facehoofs and sighs*

"Come on, let's go." *He lifts Scarlet up, and seems to be balancing her on his head, somehow... He carries her through the door and into the school. Ponies are streaming out of classrooms. He plops Scarlet down on the floor.*

"Now, let's find your sister while I..." *He spots an aqua green-coated mare with a beautiful, flowing gold mane. He sighs again*

"While I deal with the Corporal's non-regulation mane cut."

*Quietly, he thinks about Scarlet's attempt to escape and again wonders: "Can she NOT be adorable for two seconds?!"*

*Onyx walks up to Dewshine. She doesn't see him at first. He adopts his "Sergeant" voice, and barks*

"Corporal Dew, that mane cut is not army standard!"

*He pauses. Dewshine looks to him. She's confused for a second, then smirks.*

"Well well well, look who dragged himself out of the gutter! If it ain't Sergeant Faceplant himself!"

*The two share a friendly embrace, then Dewshine turns around and talks to Precious Lilly ( @ScarletInk ).*

"Nevermind about the message, Lilly. I'll ask Captain Useless myself."

*Onyx glares*

"It's SERGEANT Useless!"
When you've walked my road and you've seen what I've seen,
You won't try to talk about your magic friends.
You'll know dang well why I have this glint in my eye.
And I won't cry beneath anypony's hoof again.
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2017 Nov 30, 10:09:58(Sorry for the late reply, it was late at night and I was sleeping. ^^')

Hey, Night! Can you give a friend a hoof? I'm trying to climb down but I'm fighting against an ex-soldier!

*Scarlet has been trying to escape ever since Onyx picked her up, hoping no one else is noticing them.*

*Onyx gives Night a toothy grin as he talks to Dewshine*

"By the way, Dewy: these are my friends Scarlet Ink @ScarletInk and Nightlight @Nightshade Star. Try not to eat them."
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

ScarletInk

Wait, Scarlet?! *asks Precious Lily, seeing the sister struggling to get free from the soldier's grip*

Hi, sis! *the older mare exclaims, giving up now that she has been spotted and hugging her sister*

What are you doing here?! Isn't this one of your working days?!

*The younger mare is surprised to see her sister by surprise, when usually they always organize their meetings to avoid ruining each other's schedules.*

Oh, I'm the boss of myself and I walked from Manehattan to here with Onyx, Night and some other friends.

Wait, from Manehattan to here? You?...where is my sister, you unreformed changeling? :I

Ahaha, by the way, they're Onyx Quill and Nightlight! *after laughing sarcastically, Scarlet presents her friends to her sister.*Guys, she's my sister, Precious Lily. ^-^

Onyx Quill

*Onyx smiles at Precious Lilly*

"Nice to meet you, Precious Lilly. Scarlet has told me a lot about you, and I see you take a class from my old Corporal, Dewshine." *He turns to Dew* "I trust you're keeping up her training, Corporal?" *He grins*

*Dewshine nods seriously*

"Yes Sergeant. She's actually a very good soldier... er, student.

ScarletInk

It's nice to hear my little sister still keeps up her grades. *Scarlet says, holding Precious in a side-hug the unicorn is trying to escape from.*

What do you teach, Miss Shine?

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2017 Nov 30, 14:02:43It's nice to hear my little sister still keeps up her grades. *Scarlet says, holding Precious in a side-hug the unicorn is trying to escape from.*

What do you teach, Miss Shine?

*Dewshine bows her head respectfully to Scarlet*

"I teach World History, Military History, and Combat Magic. In fact, I'm holding a series of lectures soon about the Great War. You can come listen if you want, Scarlet and Night. Just a warning: Celestia might decide to open it to the general public.  By the way, Onyx, can I talk to you for a moment?

*She waves him over to talk in private. You see Onyx listen intently, and nod several times, then finish by saying: "Sure. I'd be glad to. If it'll help ponies understand." Dewshine smiles brightly and thanks him, then speaks to the other again*

""As a bonus, my old Sergeant here has agreed to be a guest lecturer and answer questions. I'd DEFINITELY recommend coming. Not every day you get to hear a decorated, honored combat veteran talk about his experience.

*Onyx kinda rolls his eyes*

"Decorated and honored, eh? Well... yeah, I got some nice shiny medals."

ScarletInk

You wouldn't believe what he did with one of those medals while we were coming here from Manehattan... anyway, I'd be glad to listen. ^-^

Do you want to sit close together?

Of course! :D

*Before following her sister to take a seat, she stops by Onyx.*

Good luck with your lecture, then. ^-^

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2017 Nov 30, 14:28:56You wouldn't believe what he did with one of those medals while we were coming here from Manehattan... anyway, I'd be glad to listen. ^-^

Do you want to sit close together?

Of course! :D

*Before following her sister to take a seat, she stops by Onyx.*

Good luck with your lecture, then. ^-^

*Dewshine quirks a brow at Onyx*

"What'd you do? Attach it to a batpony to weaken them, or something ridiculous like that?"

*Onyx blinks in disbelief*

"Umm... yes, actually."

*Dewshine scoffs*

"Like anypony would believe that. Anyway, the lecture I need you to be here for is a couple of days from now. You won't have to say a lot, just answer some questions from me and the audience, talk about what life was like for us. That kind of thing."

((I need a little time to get it together. Be ready for Onyx to give his life story. :)  ))

ScarletInk

Oh, so it's not now? Then, should I leave? I wouldn't want to disturb. :s

*Precious Lily, seeing her sister's expression drop, feels her mood get sour too.*

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2017 Nov 30, 14:56:23Oh, so it's not now? Then, should I leave? I wouldn't want to disturb. :s

*Precious Lily, seeing her sister's expression drop, feels her mood get sour too.*

*Dewshine smiles at the pair*

"While I appreciate your eagerness, it won't be for a couple of days"

((Wanted time to organize the piece I'm writing for it, and have Onyx and company hang out a bit. We can do a time-jump soon though. :)  ))

Nightshade Star

(Sorry for the late response. school is very hard)

I look at Dewdrop for a few seconds, then i said, "Okay. So means we just hang out here until you tell us it's time."
(Ok where is Miru, I wanna ask? Bc I know he's visiting Zacharie, but I don't know anything other than that)

Onyx Quill

Quote from: Nightshade Star on 2017 Nov 30, 16:07:09(Sorry for the late response. school is very hard)

I look at Dewdrop for a few seconds, then i said, "Okay. So means we just hang out here until you tell us it's time."
(Ok where is Miru, I wanna ask? Bc I know he's visiting Zacharie, but I don't know anything other than that)

*DewSHINE gives Night an odd look.*

"Well, if you really want to stay in the school, I guess I can't stop you. But I'd go have fun out in Canterlot."

indigoEruption

Quote from: Nightshade Star on 2017 Nov 30, 16:07:09(Ok where is Miru, I wanna ask? Bc I know he's visiting Zacharie, but I don't know anything other than that)
(I assume he is in a shopping district, or between a shopping district and the train station!)

ColourKitty

Quote from: indigoEruption on 2017 Nov 30, 00:54:42"Well! We should drop by our dear friend's shop first! You know, Zach's! It would be nice to find a point we know is safe in a big city like this, right?" Ink chirps out, continuing to walk along while the other's wing was now around him.
"The...Ride didn't bother you too much, did it? Should we walk next time?" Ink asks the other, brows upturned. It was an honest question. He would rather walk to towns if it meant his friend wouldn't be bothered by trains.
He has a feeling the other is reminded of THOSE trams. The place with the furnaces. Concern fills his face for a bit at the thoughts of those places, but quickly forces a toothy grin to his face for the griffin. Ah, his buckteeth. They're not so obvious anymore. Oh well. He isn't much of a bunny anymore anyways, is he?

Colere looked down for a second, then up and forward. He softly spoke, his voice distant and cold.

"Yes, they did remind me of the trams. The more I am here, the more I start to dislike the memories of home. It is.. strange to say the least."

Quote from: indigoEruption on 2017 Nov 30, 00:54:42He nearly trips over himself while distracted, but keeps himself from falling or stopping. Although, his face is rather red now from embarrassment. Nobody saw that, right?

He quickly put his wing in front of Ink, making sure the pony did not fall too much. He returned the wing to Ink's back afterwards, sighing a very small bit.

"Perhaps this world has effects of the physique. Or maybe it is the new... Ability I seem to possess. Whatever it is, I cannot say I am fond of what's going on. I do not like looking back at the past with saddened eyes."

Colere puffed his feathers up a bit, being distressed.
Corruption depends on the person.

Character Ref's: Colere

ScarletInk

Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2017 Nov 30, 15:09:18*Dewshine smiles at the pair*

"While I appreciate your eagerness, it won't be for a couple of days"

((Wanted time to organize the piece I'm writing for it, and have Onyx and company hang out a bit. We can do a time-jump soon though. :)  ))

Oh, ok...  ono

Hey, Scarlet!

*Scarlet looks up at her sister waving at her.*

If you can't stay for the lesson, let's see each other for dinner. I'm offering!

Ok, then! :D But I'm the one offering, I insist!

Go Up