Legends of Equestria is Now Recruiting!

Started by Ellowee, 2014 Aug 06, 01:51:02

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Weremetalwolf

@abdekrim @MrDialga300 we do receive a lot of application but we honestly can't send each person that didn't make it a message that they were not accepted so we just contact personally those that we accept.
I don't know for what you signed up for but in either case, I'm not able to tell you if you have been accepted or not.
You can resend the application if you think it's necessary but I'm not sure if it will change anything. However, if you read the rules in the first post, you must be over the age of 18 to be accepted or even just taken into account. There are chances for someone slightly younger to be accepted, but those chances are extremely slim and those people are accepted only because the singular members in the LoE team spotted their capacities, hence it will be mostly for programming, 2D and/or 3D drawing capacities, etc...
In any case, if you send another application, chances are that we'll see it as spam(or our e-mail system will) and we'll delete it as soon as we see it. So, unless you think it's really needed, don't send more than one application and just wait for the next time we'll try to recruit more people. It works in the same way of a real life job: send an application and wait. If you've been accepted you'll go for the next step, if you didn't get accepted, you can always try again next time (it took me three years of making applications before finally be accepted in the mod team, so two months are not really that much).
Since we get many applications at once, we have to get the best ones we can find "la crème de la crème" of them and all of us have to decide who to accept and who not.

I hope what I said was enough to answer your questions.
<br />My channel<br />My DA<br /><br />

abdekrim

"you must be over the age of 18 to be accepted or even just taken into account."
I don't really understand this. I have 16 years old, I can't join you?

I did not send my email as it should, (I will not put all that is said here) can I start now and try again next month?
(I want be modeler and animator 3D

Pipkin

According to the front post, you must be at least 16, unless otherwise stated.  The minimum age required to join a team for the project varies depending on the team you wish to apply for (eg. Moderators MUST be 18+ for legal reasons)
Quote from: Ellowee on 2014 Aug 06, 01:51:02
All applicants must be at least 16 years of age.

Now, the front post also details how to apply for the teams we are currently recruiting for, and you can review that information.  Here's the info for 3d modeling

3D Modelers
To apply for the 3D team, please email [email protected] with links to examples of your skills. It is strongly preferred that you are using either Maya or Blender. Any additional unrelated, high quality designs you have done helps too. Applicants must have working knowledge of 3D modeling and/or animating and be willing to learn, design critically, and give and take critique. It is preferred that applicants have a specialty in organic modeling, 3D animation and rigging, terraforming, or any combination thereof. Please include how much time you are able to devote to Legends of Equestria, as well as a list of programs that you use.

Further Specifications for 3D Modelers:
- Basic Autodesk Maya or Blender knowledge. This includes making a model from scratch to a
  complete model with an understanding on how to optimize geometry for low poly models.
- All faces in a model can only have three to four edges surrounding. Having more would
  make holes in your model while in-game.
- Make sure you understand how to optimize your model to make it look visually appealing.

Highly Preferred but not Required Skills:
- You should know how to UV-map and how the process of texturing works
- You should know to model low-poly, resource-efficient creatures.

What we on the 3D department can provide you:
- Help and advice on how to improve your 3D modelling skills.
- Learning how to optimize models
- Learn the process on how to make a finished model get in-game.

If you're wondering just how distributed the triangles should be you could take a look
at this example: http://p3d.in/SLW8W/wireonsmooth
All of these requirements can be shown just by uploading a model to http://p3d.in/ .
They only take 3D files with .obj formats and 1024x1024 JPEG texture resolution.

If you're interested then send the work you're most proud of to [email protected].

FlutterBlazeQueen

Hey guys um...I`m new here...um....I can`t find LoE anywhere *sigh* ....could anypony help me?   :c

Mizuki

Quote from: FlutterBlazeQueen on 2015 May 11, 07:53:41
Hey guys um...I`m new here...um....I can`t find LoE anywhere *sigh* ....could anypony help me?   :c

Welcome to the forums!

As you can see from the other threads in the "General News" the servers are currently closed. That means the game is not available to download at this time.
If you go to the main site, you may notice a "downloads" section. If that page says that the game is currently not available, we truly mean that it is not currently available! (sorry >.< )
Still you're welcome to spend time here in the forums or the chat box :) Just be sure you stay on topic! As you can see this is the Recruitment thread so this isn't really the correct place to ask about the availability of the game.

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Cryptic-Dash

Hi there, I was thinking of applying as a concept artist, however im not sure if my art is of a standard youd be after, do you think i should go for it and see?
(Blud kinda gave me the idea, but im not 100% sure  ono)

Pipkin

Quote from: Cryptic-Dash on 2015 May 11, 11:39:32
Hi there, I was thinking of applying as a concept artist, however im not sure if my art is of a standard youd be after, do you think i should go for it and see?
(Blud kinda gave me the idea, but im not 100% sure  ono)

You can still apply, sent the team lead examples of your work, and see what happens.  You never know :)

Sandalaia

You see my profile photo? I can't see. Anypony can help me? please ono :s

Zsaszz

Quote from: Sandalaia on 2015 May 12, 15:42:09
You see my profile photo? I can't see. Anypony can help me? please ono :s

2600x2000

320x240

100x75

Code Select
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/132/0/d/rainbow_power_twilight_sparkle_by_ashidaru-d7i3gp2.png
for the 2600x2000 original resolution
Code Select
http://s12.postimg.org/rounsswzx/rainbow_power_twilight_sparkle_by_ashidaru_d7i3g.png
for the 320x240 resolution
Code Select
http://s22.postimg.org/8bl954ch9/rainbow_power_twilight_sparkle_by_ashidaru_d7i3g.png
for the 100x75 resolution

just copy the url and paste it in the "chose avatar by url" section, see if it works. i put the original one just to lead to the source but it won't work as profile pic because is too big try selecting the other two.

Hope it helps  ^-^

Pipkin

spiritwolf98

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2015 May 12, 18:23:59
Guys stay on topic please
They are staying on topic!!!!! Kinda... but let them talk what they want to talk about. ^-^ "Stay on topic" makes me angry. Laptop its not you that makes me angry! its just that if they want to talk or do something or ask, they can.
You can't change the past. However, if you change the present, you have changed the future.-me

Perry The Pony

Quote from: KrissyG05 on 2015 May 12, 18:42:40
They are staying on topic!!!!! Kinda... but let them talk what they want to talk about. ^-^ "Stay on topic" makes me angry. Laptop its not you that makes me angry! its just that if they want to talk or do something or ask, they can.

No they are not staying on topic.  If they have questions about joining the team then they can ask.  But anything else is not on topic and will be removed from this thread.

spiritwolf98

Quote from: Perry The Pony on 2015 May 12, 18:51:14
No they are not staying on topic.  If they have questions about joining the team then they can ask.  But anything else is not on topic and will be removed from this thread.
Oh, I see. I didn't really know what you meant, but I understand. ^-^
You can't change the past. However, if you change the present, you have changed the future.-me

Sandalaia

Ok. Now i put a link of a image on avatar. I can't see. Please? Look the URL which i use: http://sandalaia.deviantart.com/art/My-Profile-Photo-531779500

Sonic1234

Can you guys let me know when y'all are going to have an open server again?  :l

Invultrois

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2015 May 12, 18:23:59
Guys stay on topic please

Perhaps it's better to lock the topic and reopening it once you guys are recruiting again?

Pipkin

We are still recruiting for the departments posted in the starting reply, unless stated otherwise

Schala

2015 May 17, 16:24:59 #177 Last Edit: 2015 May 17, 18:11:28 by Schala
Honestly, for educational purposes, I've been decompiling the game to see how it works so that I can get an idea of how to improve it. I think I see a bit of unused code, though. Or at least, I don't see how some of the code fits in to the overall game.

And yes, education and research is covered under fair use. I'm not redistributing it publicly. Only one other person has seen it and they have my trust, as we're working together.
In Equestria, there is real happiness. It hides in the brightest light, and in the most ordinary of places. Between the world we see, and the ponies we love, there are doors. When they are opened, friendship... becomes reality.
-- Anthony Call

ojlk

hey I want to play Legends of Equestria but it says I have to update the game to play

Pipkin

Quote from: ojlk on 2015 May 17, 19:07:12
hey I want to play Legends of Equestria but it says I have to update the game to play

The game is not available at this time.  It's still being worked on.  Check back here for updates.

Go Up