Canterlot Layout

Started by Aelios, 2013 Jul 27, 20:19:09

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Aelios

I have always wondered what Canterlot actually looked like!? As in where is this city area?

We always see Canterlot depicted as this

But where are these parts?

This image may help as well

Do you think the rest of the city goes around the other side of the mountain? Thats what i think it does, I would like to know what you all think :P
~Aelios

Tiger

Not sure. The LOE team depicts Canterlot in great way in their Pre-Alpha game, though.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jul 27, 20:41:41
Not sure. The LOE team depicts Canterlot in great way in their Pre-Alpha game, though.

Though, our Canterlot is a little more colorful. ;)

I think Canterlot just has different levels to it. Some parts are raised up higher than others.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Aelios

2013 Jul 27, 22:53:07 #3 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 27, 22:58:00 by Aelios
It would be good to see your canterlot in LOE ^_^
Different levels of the city would make sense and look pretty but you never see the other side of the mountain facing towards canterlot and ponyville so i assume the rest of the city is just on the other side of the mountain going inward as shown in this image i quickly drew on Photoshop:

Thats not exactly how i imagine the mountains on the other side but its sort of how i imagine it going inwards and eventually reaching a point. Im also thinking of areas from episodes like suited for success for the launching of the airship and the wonderbolt derby

imafilly

I think that right behind the large doors you see in the most commonly viewed view, is the city, and everything is bigger than it seems. -.- Eeeeeyyup.

Aelios

2013 Aug 09, 09:06:31 #5 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 09, 21:49:52 by Aelios
I guess i will have to see it for myself, i have seen a video of it and it looks pretty cool, but i reckon it should definitely have the fantasy and amazing feel to it, from what i see in the beta there is alot of open space and some things seen very separate from eachother, wouldent be too hard to just fill it in with details ^_^

Another thing i have always wondered: does the mountain/cliff  come right up next to canterlot castle or is it just a camera angle illusion and there's a large space between the castle and the rest of the mountain cliff thing ( going up from the castle)

Sorry if this is confusing at all  :P

Post Merge

I did some more analysing into what canterlot looks like and i have another idea of what it looks like... ill link a picture of it tommorow.  ;)

Post Merge

Here: Its very rough and not perfectly accurate to my idea of canterlot but this is pretty close, and these are where i think all the buildings/places are. I could always make an accurate and detailed diagram if i spent alot of time on it.
Oh yeah i have a vague idea of where the train station is but im not entirely certain. if i look at more canterlot screenshots i could probably figure it out though.

Go Up