The Wandering Magus

Quote from: moonbeam16 on 2013 Jul 24, 12:42:49
I'm so confused! :'(
I can't watch the video!!!!!! :'(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOC7qHZ8CMY
for the song, and

for the comic-con sneak preview.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

moonbeam16

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Jul 24, 13:02:13
Quote from: moonbeam16 on 2013 Jul 24, 12:42:49
I'm so confused! :'(
I can't watch the video!!!!!! :'(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOC7qHZ8CMY
for the song, and

for the comic-con sneak preview.

Can't... use... YOUTUBE!!!!

Chishio Kunrin

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

moonbeam16

LostSanity

I'll go ahead and weigh my thoughts/theories on this Luna thing.

I'll spoiler it of course. I doubt I'm right, but, who knows.  :s

Spoiler: show
Ever played Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories? If not, look it up on wikipedia or something. Well... right now... my theory is the Luna scene is kind of like Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. Except Twilight is seeing Celestia's memories and not her own obviously.

In the end... we'll just have to wait for Season 4 to see what is the real truth.

X3
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

moonbeam16

Makes sense, apart from the fact that I never even watched the video!
But I get the Chain of Memories connection... to an extent.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: moonbeam16 on 2013 Jul 24, 19:02:31
Makes sense, apart from the fact that I never even watched the video!
But I get the Chain of Memories connection... to an extent.

Spoiler: Summary of the video • show
The first clip has Diamond Tiara talking to the CMC about how Scootaloo is going to be one of the Ponyville representatives for the Equestria Games. Then, Diamond Tiara points out that Scootaloo can't fly and that it must be embarrassing for her. She pretty much says that Scootaloo probably shouldn't be a representative because she can't fly.

The second clip has Spike wake up in a superhero costume at the top of a skyscraper in a city he calls Maretropolis. Then he turns around to see that the mane six are there, and they're also wearing superhero costumes. Some cheesy villain robs a bank, and they have to stop her.

The third clip is a song. Big Macintosh is pulling a wagon with Applejack, Apple Bloom, and Pinkie Pie riding in it. They sing about how they're apples to the core, and they'll stick together and make it through any weather, any trouble.

The fourth clip has Twilight appear in a castle, really confused and not sure where she is. She finds Luna there and asks why Luna and Celestia had disappeared and where they had gone to. Luna pretty much speaks in an angry and jealous kind of way, mentions "your precious light," and transforms into Nightmare Moon.

More info, from Twitter! Here's a screenshot of the tweets:

moonbeam16

THANK YOU!!!! <3
Makes so much more sense now!

Chishio Kunrin

Some people think that the Luna clip will be the first episode of the season.

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Ahaut on 2013 Jul 20, 17:33:51
I really like the prospect of having a Scootaloo episode dealing with her flight troubles.
PowerPonies? Wut O.o
The Apple-core song was good.
Mixed feelings about return of Nightmare Moon. Will have to wait and see how it turns out.
Discord returned, it's to be expected. Next up is either Sombra or the Changeling Queen.
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jul 26, 18:52:09
I really like the prospect of having a Scootaloo episode dealing with her flight troubles.
PowerPonies? Wut O.o
Mixed feelings about return of Nightmare Moon. Will have to wait and see how it turns out.
Discord returned, it's to be expected. Next up is either Sombra or the Changeling Queen.

I'm pretty sure that Nightmare Moon isn't returning, though. It looked more like Twilight was viewing Celestia's memories.
Remember before season 3, we were promised we'd get to see more of Celestia and Luna's past, but we never got a season 3 episode that really did that?

Anyway, guys, check out these vague spoilers:

The Wandering Magus

PowerPonies? Wut O.o
it's not a "return" in the way Discord returned.  If you rewatch that section of the video, you'll see that She specifically refers to citizens who "bask in Your precious light", a light which Twilight doesn't have.  She additionally doesn't even address any of Twilight's questions and comments, as though she wasn't there.  And finally, looking at the podium that She smashes, there are only two Alicorns there.  And when She takes power, it's by eclipsing the Sun, and nothing else.  If She were taking over a second time, She would have had to get rid of the representation of Friendship and of Love, respectively, since those are the other two Alicorns' symbols.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jul 26, 20:48:32
PowerPonies? Wut O.o

I'm pretty sure that Nightmare Moon isn't returning, though. It looked more like Twilight was viewing Celestia's memories.
Remember before season 3, we were promised we'd get to see more of Celestia and Luna's past, but we never got a season 3 episode that really did that?

When/where was that ever said? I understand what you mean. The cutscene is very similar to the flashback Discord gives in Return of Harmony, it could be similar. But when/where did the show ever mention that there would be more of their past?
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

2013 Jul 27, 10:55:59 #33 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 27, 11:07:34 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jul 27, 09:28:57
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jul 26, 20:48:32
PowerPonies? Wut O.o

When/where was that ever said? I understand what you mean. The cutscene is very similar to the flashback Discord gives in Return of Harmony, it could be similar. But when/where did the show ever mention that there would be more of their past?

The show didn't say it. The people working on the show said it at a panel before season 3. They said that season 3 would have an episode showing more of Celestia and Luna's past, but that never happened in season 3.

I think that, at the time, they didn't know they were gonna have to make it a half-season, so now they're putting the episodes they promised into season 4 instead.

I'm trying to find the Equestria Daily post that compiled everything that they said at a con panel about what would be in season 3.

Post Merge

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/10/season-3-screens-and-information-from.html
QuoteLuna's Abandoned Moon Colony joked about, history of Celestia and Luna Coming up

It'd be interesting if we get a season 4 episode about the griffon kingdom.

Kind of off-topic, but it'd be fun to study this one too and see if we get any season 4 episodes like the hints mentioned here:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/07/season-3-spike-and-twilight-song-from.html
In that one, Trixie did return, but we didn't see much of Luna. Does this mean that the hype was for episodes that'll be pushed into season 4?

GoldenTerrabyte

Whatever happened to the rumor of Fluttershy becoming a dragon?
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

That was supposed to be in season 3 too, but we only got half a season. So, if the rumor is true, I wonder if it'll be in season 4. o_O

Mitzu

Looks promising. I'm looking foward to see the new episodes!
Also, Fluttershy becoming a dragon? WAT?

Go Up