*Spits out cereal*

Started by Stitchin Time, 2012 Oct 28, 01:20:39

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dawnstar

I've seen a theory pointed out suggesting that Alicorns may be artificially possible due to a spell similar to the one that gave rarity wings, except only the highest level magic users can use it (a scaled difficulty to cast similar to how it was hard for twilight to cast the butterfly wing spell, but even higher up).

But honestly, if does end up happening it'll be however Hasbro wants it done.

Also, that is an interesting take on that line from the premiere, however, I should point out that Luna's cynicism in response to it was heavily directed towards Twilight throughout the episode rather than towards Cadence.

Midnight Star

Quote from: DawnstarI've seen a theory pointed out suggesting that Alicorns may be artificially possible due to a spell similar to the one that gave rarity wings, except only the highest level magic users can use it (a scaled difficulty to cast similar to how it was hard for twilight to cast the butterfly wing spell, but even higher up).

Yeh, I've seen that theory to, or at least, one similar. Which actually made me wonder, if one have to be an Alicorn to be royal, or if one have to be royal to be an Alicorn...? if that even makes sense   X3

It's probably true, that it was directed towards Twilight, but that honestly makes me a bit iffy. S. 2 premiere could easily be a stand-alone episode, since discord was never really mentioned again, and I would really hate to see this whole 'new level' for Twilight only be mentioned in this one episode. And all the Crystal Empire story is really exciting to, so I truly hope they will follow up on it!  :D

alexandas

here's an unobvious reason why twilight will not become allicorn
the elements or mane 6 or whatev consist of 2 unicorns 2 pegasi and 2 earth ponies.  Ever notice this, if they changed it they would probably have to add a new pony to the mane 6.  and also hasbro couldn't be so stupid (not saying they're stupid) to make twilight become an allicorn, it would ruin the show and fansites or at least we wouldn't watch the show which would easily cut their income from the show in half
[CENTER][/CENTER]
I'm probably not here, but If I am, call me moon rabbits.
This is for you, guys: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10581.msg878328#msg878328
:ajshifty::-3 (bloomberg)

Book Smarts

They could pull a trick off where Twilight uses a mega spell that causes some kind mist or a kick up of dirt that blocks the view of her. When her friends see her outline, she looks to have the features of an alicorn, but when the it clears, she's just a unicorn.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Dec 22, 08:51:39
They could pull a trick off where Twilight uses a mega spell that causes some kind mist or a kick up of dirt that blocks the view of her. When her friends see her outline, she looks to have the features of an alicorn, but when the it clears, she's just a unicorn.

Which some people would take as implication that she is as powerful as an alicorn anyway.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Dec 22, 09:33:18
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Dec 22, 08:51:39

Which some people would take as implication that she is as powerful as an alicorn anyway.

Yep, it would be symbolic, but not a major change  :D

Go Up