General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sunshine Smash

Just got Omega Ruby today along with the Phoenix Wright Trilogy, and my friend has an Eon Ticket. When am I able to get one from him through street pass? He thinks it's after I get the BuzzNav, I'd like confirmation for this if you can. Much appreciated.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Rikaria

2014 Dec 14, 22:36:05 #201 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 15, 13:10:36 by Rikaria
That makes the most sense considering that's what you need to switch to to update your game with the latest info (other Trainers' stories and Super-Secret Bases and Mirage Spots included).

Spoiler: EDIT: Updated details concerning finding Feebas • show
[quote=Serebii]Feebas has always been an odd Pokémon. It has always been rather rare to find and is always seen as a mirror of Magikarp. In the original Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire games, Feebas was incredibly hard to find. To get it, you had to fish in one of up to 6 special tiles in Route 119's waters. These tiles were calculated based upon your ID number as well as the trendy saying you set at Dewford Town. This time, however, things are different.

Now, Feebas has a 5% chance of appearing with any rod in Route 119. This makes Feebas a lot easier to find, but still has a rare aspect to it, but there's something more. There's an easier way to find Feebas. During the daytime, if you go to this bridge under Route 119 and fish underneath it, you will have a 100% chance of finding Feebas. Alternatively, at night time if you fish around this rock in the south of the route, you will also get a 100% chance of finding it. This allows for you to easily chain fish it, or just generally capture it. From there, you can also find it in the waters by searching for it with the DexNav.

Day:

Night:
[/quote]
Please keep in mind that you can't fish while you're riding Sharpedo!

EDIT 2: How to find shiny Pokémon using DexNav:

If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Naura

Trying to get a shiny Absol Atm, thanks for the video!
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

KirbyFluttershy

I was doing the same on pikachu, but it's a lot of walking as well. DexNav shiny chaining doesn't work for fishing. I've seen 1 person got the shiny feebas without it.

I was wondering where I can make money fast cuz There isn't much moneymaking in ORAS compared to X/Y's battle chateau and restaurants. Usually I do single battle mauville food court for nuggets and Master rank Contests for comet shards.

If you guys get (or have) a shiny pokemon, Try doing all the master rank contest on them. It doesn't lose the shiny sparkle effect, but it gives Extra Appearance look when you have the contest star ribbon.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2014 Dec 17, 13:14:57
DexNav shiny chaining doesn't work for fishing. I've seen 1 person got the shiny feebas without it.

Using the DexNav for chain fishing wasn't something that video said, anyway.

QuoteI was wondering where I can make money fast cuz There isn't much moneymaking in ORAS compared to X/Y's battle chateau and restaurants. Usually I do single battle mauville food court for nuggets and Master rank Contests for comet shards.

Amulet Coin/Luck Incense + Prize Money O-Power (whatever's your highest) + Happy Hour (only certain Pokémon can learn/have this Move) against the Pokémon League beats out Mauville's Food Court and the prizes you get from Contest fans.

EDIT: Updated all my QR Codes. Two of them are completely new layouts.

EDIT 2:
Quote from: SerebiiIt has been announced that there will be several special distributions of the Unova Starters in Japan. These distributions are unique in that they offer these starters with their Hidden Abilities. They will be distributed through Serial Code. On December 28th, a code for Serperior with Contrary will be given on Pokémon Get☆TV and can be redeemed from January 9th to November 30th. This Serperior has the moves Leaf Storm, Hold Back, Wring Out & Giga Drain.
On January 11th 2015, a Emboar with Reckless will also get a code from Pokémon Get☆TV, which can be redeemed from January 16th to November 30th. It has the moves Flare Blitz, Hold Back, Head Smash & Take Down.
Finally, on January 15th 2015, the new issue of CoroCoro will have a serial code for Samurott with its Hidden Ability of Shell Armor and can be redeemed from January 16th to November 30th. It has the moves Razor Shell, Hold Back, Confide & Hydro Pump.

05:13: Another event distribution has also been announced. In Shibuya in Japan, a special Pokémon Café is opening from January 9th to February 28th. Inside, you can receive a special distribution of a Pikachu. This Pikachu comes with the moves Play Nice, Charm, Nuzzle & Sweet Kiss and holds the Sweet Heart item.

To anyone who manages to get the Hidden Ability Pokémon, please spread the love and breed them so we can get them, too!

KirbyFluttershy

I thought when you're chaining pokemon with DexNav to find a shiny pokemon, the pokemon suppose to have a sparkle when you're using a DexNav as you search and chain the same pokemon.

Rikaria

2014 Dec 23, 21:39:15 #206 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 31, 14:32:31 by Rikaria
Spoiler: Contest-related spoiler • show
So I just found out that Lisia (the girl with an Altaria who gives you a Contest Pass in Slateport City) is related to Wallace.

To see this scene for yourself, beat Lisia in any Master Rank Contest once she's available. After that, Wallace has a small chance of showing up in Master Rank Contests from then on. Beat him (Lisia probably shows up as well; I haven't tested this enough) then watch the following scene.

If he doesn't show up, you probably need to at least reach post-story.

Itty Bit

so I've been slowly crawling through. I feel sort of bad about how slowly I've been playing this game ^^;
I'm currently at the third gym. I'm really liking the design of these new gyms, they are a lot of fun! C:

Rikaria

One of my friends showed me this (for the record, that's two separate videos combined):

EDIT: If, for some reason, you never got the demo, it's available without needing a download code now.

cloudwilk

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

GlassMirror

ok, so now have omega ruby :3
I got my first gym badge, and now I need a specific pokemon... Am I able to trade with pokemon y? o.O

Rikaria

You can using one of the following methods:

• 1) Two systems of the 3DS family (3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS) to do local trading between your games

• 2) One system of the 3DS family using Pokémon Bank to transfer Pokémon between your games (you CAN'T transfer held items this way, however)

• 3) A friend who's willing to trade multiple times (your X/Y Pokémon to their Gen 6 game (X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire), then their game to your Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, and so on)

• 4) Using the GTS (very risky since someone else might get your Pokémon, but you'll be able to transfer held items this way)

GlassMirror

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Dec 27, 16:36:49
You can using one of the following methods:

• 1) Two systems of the 3DS family (3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS) to do local trading between your games

• 2) One system of the 3DS family using Pokémon Bank to transfer Pokémon between your games (you CAN'T transfer held items this way, however)

• 3) A friend who's willing to trade multiple times (your X/Y Pokémon to their Gen 6 game (X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire), then their game to your Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, and so on)

• 4) Using the GTS (very risky since someone else might get your Pokémon, but you'll be able to transfer held items this way)

ok thanks :3

KirbyFluttershy

Well I used to have original ruby, but not anymore. If you're looking for beginner's tips, all you need is a flyer (mostly talonflame if you're planning to save a slot), and HM slave aside from surf, waterfall, and dive. If you're looking for a good mobility while surfing, i may suggest sharpedo for that, but you won't be able to fish while riding on sharpedo.

anyway the problem with the #3 method is that you wanna have a friend who you can trust on instead of someone or a friend who lie and attempts to scam you. method 4, yeah it's very risky. I would just avoid that if i were you because there's a chance that you won't be able to find your pokemon that way.

GoldenTerrabyte

Since when does the pokémon affect the surfing speed and whether or not you can fish? Isn't it the same for any?
I'm back

Naura

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2014 Dec 28, 00:34:02
If you're looking for beginner's tips, all you need is a flyer (mostly talonflame if you're planning to save a slot), and HM slave aside from surf, waterfall, and dive. If you're looking for a good mobility while surfing, i may suggest sharpedo for that, but you won't be able to fish while riding on sharpedo.

I found out Lombre/Ludicolo can learn Strength, Dive, Surf, Waterfall, Rock Smash and Flash, together with Talonflame its a great pokemon for HM slaving.
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Billow Pillow

It was completely unexpected, but I know have both versions of the game.  ovO
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Rikaria

2014 Dec 30, 09:51:11 #217 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 08, 10:25:38 by Rikaria
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Dec 28, 02:42:16
Since when does the pokémon affect the surfing speed and whether or not you can fish?

Since now. Prior to OR/AS, they didn't matter. Anyway, here's the list:

• Riding any Pokémon other than the below-mentioned ones only show the default sprite (above and underwater), and you move at the regular speed (again, both above and underwater). Fishing is allowed.

• Riding Wailmer shows its sprite, but you still only move at the default speed. Fishing is allowed.

• Riding on Kyogore shows its sprite which gives it a bigger hitbox (be careful when trying to avoid Pokémon underwater), and you move at 1.5x the regular speed. Fishing is allowed.

• Riding Sharpedo shows its sprite, and you move at 2x the regular speed. Fishing is NOT allowed.

EDIT: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/12/code_to_unlock_contrary_serperior_in_pokemon_omega_ruby_and_alpha_sapphire_is_revealed

Bit confused here... is that for Japan only, or is it worldwide?

Spoiler: EDIT 2 • show
To anyone who ever wanted those special Dolls you see in some Bases, here ya go: http://serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/specialbases.shtml

(Dunno if I'll put this on the first post, though.)

LostSanity

In case anyone here cares...

I might finally start playing this game soon...

:s
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Dec 31, 17:48:18
I might finally start playing this game soon.

I'm assuming you got one of the games as a gift?

Anyway, to everyone here: I've added something special to the first post (hint: it's contained in a named spoiler). Please note that once you find it, you don't NEED to use it, but I figured I'd share it for those who are probably having a hard time with some things in these games.

Go Up