Reach for the Gold (Equestria Games RP/game) [Sign Up and more][OOC]

Started by Peace Keeper, 2015 Oct 10, 00:36:59

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Peace Keeper

Welcome to the Equestria Games OOC thread. This is where you can talk about stuff within the RP, got questions, or just feel chatty about stuff and just have fun.

If you happen to want to find the actual RP, it is located here below:
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=15314.0

However, if you want to be a competitor, you need to sign up here:
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=15307.msg944958#msg944958

If you are not part of the RP, its alright. You don't need actually be part of the RP to come here. Feel at home here.
Let the intermission begin!
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Purple

Hi! ^-^ just a quick question: will there be an ice archery event? lol, since Sparkle is a crystal pony, she trained for ice archery, so i was curious  :P

Maplewood

Btw peace since your the game master could you like notify me and mmtfan1 when to do are introduced for the  games

Peace Keeper

@Purple : Of course. There will be ice archery. There will be other accuracy events as well ^-^

@Maplewood : Sure. I'll give the heads up, and I will give the list of events so we can prepare for them.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Naura

Really sorry for this having to happen, but I gotta jump out of this role play.
I have a lot of school work coming up, and I am going to drop a lot of things, one of them being this.
Sorry, but I hope the rest of you have fun.
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Peace Keeper

Aww. Terribly sorry to hear that.
Sounds like you may not be returning anytime soon then. I'll drop your name out.

I understand the importance of school. Glad you found interest in this RP. I wish you the best in school and hope you get some awesome grades.

Purple

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2015 Oct 10, 13:52:07
@Purple : Of course. There will be ice archery. There will be other accuracy events as well ^-^

yipee! ^-^

Post Merge

Ok, I'm a little confused.  Does sparkle just compete in ice archery? Or all the events? Sry, I just got confused lol

Julien999

Well, after seen Peacekeeper on the chat. He said that All the competitors will compete in all event even if your not specialized on it. So... be prepared to those thing. :I

Peace Keeper

@Maplewood @MMTfan1

It is time to announce the welcoming to the Equestria Games introduction and preparation for Event 1

Purple

are we supposed to post our base times in the posts for the event? (during the dice roll part) also, im not sure if i calculated mine correctly, would it be alright if you checked it for me? sorry, and thanks :)

Spoiler: show
my base time is 9.78 according to the calculations i probably messed up :P Sparkle's speed stat is 4, and i rolled a 14

tonman3509

Quote from: Purple on 2015 Oct 13, 09:39:05
are we supposed to post our base times in the posts for the event? (during the dice roll part) also, im not sure if i calculated mine correctly, would it be alright if you checked it for me? sorry, and thanks :)

Spoiler: show
my base time is 9.78 according to the calculations i probably messed up :P Sparkle's speed stat is 4, and i rolled a 14

I just did the calculations, your time should be 9.83. Funny enough, that's my time as well.

Purple

lol, okie dokie, thx xD im not sure what i did wrong in the calculations the first time lol

Peace Keeper

Hehe thats a good score. Its alright, just a simple calc error. In case not everyone would like to do all the math for everyone, I will post everyone's times by OC and the time finished from fastest to slowest.

Also... SHOOT! lol forgot to add the World and Olympic records. Oh well... next event I'll remember to add them from here on end. Wouldn't be a surprise anymore now adding thr records that favor the OC that broke it.

Post Merge

I got something new guys. I have added a scoreboard of this RP in the first page of the main RP. You can check it out!

Peace Keeper

I have some ideas for the events that use projectile motion like the Long Jump, Hammer Toss, Hay Buck and such.

There are two different formulas I came up with. Here are the examples of 2 different formulas
Long Jump: The Farthest jumper wins.

FORMULA 1 (simple):
Speed and Strength will be used.
Roll 1-20
Starting: 5 meters
Base distance: 5m + .3*(Speed Stat) + .3*(Strength stat)
Dice roll: Base + .2(dice roll)

FORMULA 2 (complex):
Speed and Strength will be used
Roll 3 dices; 1 for final speed, 1 for final angle, and 1 for chance of foul
final speed roll 1-30
final launch angle: 1-30
Base speed: 6 meters/second
Run: start speed: 6 + .1*(Speed Stat) + .1*(Strength Stat)
Final launch speed: Run + .1*(final speed roll)
Final launch angle: 30 degrees + (angle dice)
Final distance = [(Final Speed)^2 / 9.8] *sin[2*(Final Angle)]

Both will involve another dice that will determine whether you will foul or not.
Foul if Dice roll equals to 18 or more

Let me know which formula would you prefer best

MMTfan1

Purple

formula 1 looks like it would be easier lol xD so, yeah i guess i'll vote for that one :P

_BlazingInfinity

That moment when you realize that you are an apple...
Toast is amazing.

Peace Keeper

So its decided. Formula 1 will follow up throughout the games. Thanks for voting  ^-^

Go Up