Travius Trott's Minecraft server. [well, it was a pleasure being admin for this]

Started by Travius Trott, 2012 Mar 19, 14:13:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Travius Trott

Quote from: LarryMcLie on 2012 May 24, 16:17:00
Can I join the whitelist? MinecraftName:eschele
Also. Can you change the pony skin?

Umm, as for the server, did you read the last post I made, It's far too unstable for prober usage.
This IP will be closed from next month on, thus it's fairly useless to add new people to the list.

And well, the skins are what the player sets them to, the server have no plugins for that alter, nor adds pony skins itself.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

Phoenix dust

Travius Trott

So, tried to get another host, and this time a server that's smaller and cheaper, and hopefully more stable.

I have only just now paid for it, and will as soon I get the prober info and get it up and running prober say the IP.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.

Ründo

Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

Travius Trott

so, I have it up and running now again, place resend me your MC name if you want to join this new server, note that it's not the same map as before and I will work on getting the former world up for download.

Travius Trott

Quote from: LarryMcLie on 2012 Jun 07, 21:50:49
Quote from: LarryMcLie on 2012 May 24, 16:17:00
Can I join the whitelist? MinecraftName:eschele

I sure can add you, but I'd prefer getting a PM with the MC name, that way I'm sure to get the message sooner.
As I might forget to check this topic.

Crystal Chaos

2012 Jun 15, 22:43:25 #47 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 15, 23:13:16 by Crystal Chaos
It says I need internet connection, but I do. Can somepony send me a really good download link?

Also, do I need to pay to actually get ON the game? Can't find single player download and it says I cannot access multi-player.  :l

So how do I join you guys?

I WILL TRY TO MAKE THIS MY LAST EDIT! Google and Youtube hate me, how can I use the Mine Little Pony mod?

Travius Trott

2012 Jun 16, 04:52:21 #48 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 16, 05:12:22 by Travius Trott
Umm, firstly, one have to buy minecraft to log into the server, it's to make sure one does not hijack a whitelisted account and such.

Secondly, to join the server one have to go to 'Multiplayer' and enter the full IP of the server into the box that says 'Server Address' Remember to make sure that there is no spaces, neither infront or after the ful IP.

Thirdly, I took the install instructions from the minecraft forum topic and here in the spoiler.
Spoiler:  Instructions to install Mine Little Pony to Minecraft. • show

Risugami's ModLoader is not required unless you want to use the ModLoader version of this mod.

Instructions for installing the normal version:
Spoiler: show

Back up your original minecraft.jar before you install this mod! Otherwise you won't be able to remove this mod without re-installing Minecraft.

Download the zip file containing the new class files and background pony skins needed by the mod. Extract the classes (.class), text file (.txt) and skins (.png) from the zip file. You will need to copy the new classes and the text file into the root of the original minecraft.jar, and the new skins into the "mob" folder of the original minecraft.jar.

Windows:
1) Open up %appdata%, if you don't know how to do this, start>run, then type in %appdata%
2) Browse to .minecraft/bin
3) Make a backup (copy) of your minecraft.jar as this mod will overwrite some of the original minecraft classes.
4) Open up minecraft.jar with WinRAR or 7zip.
5) Drag and drop the necessary class files and text file into the root (top level) folder of the jar.
6) Drag and drop the necessary png files into the "mob" folder of the jar.
7) Delete the META-INF folder in the jar.
Macintosh:

1) Make a backup (copy) of your original minecraft.jar file (which you can find in ~/Library/Application\ Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar) as this mod will overwrite some of the original minecraft classes.
2) Go to Applications>Utilities and open terminal.
3) Type in the following, line by line:
cd ~
mkdir mctmp
cd mctmp
jar xf ~/Library/Application\ Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
4) Outside of terminal, copy all the class files and the text file into the mctmp directory.
5) Still outside of terminal, copy all the png files into the mctmp/mob directory.
6) Back inside terminal, type in the following:
rm META-INF/MOJANG_C.*
jar uf ~/Library/Application\ Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar ./
cd ..
rm -rf mctmp

Instructions for installing the ModLoader version:

1) Install ModLoader as per the instructions in Risugami's thread.
2) Download the zip file of the version of this mod for Modloader, and put it in your mods folder (found in %appdata%.minecraft/mods on Windows, or ~/Library/Application\ Support/minecraft/mods if you are on a Mac) .

Now the mod is installed, you will need to change your skin to a special "Mine Little Pony compatible" skin otherwise you will look like one of the background ponies yourself. There are some example skins in the "Download" section of this post, and a tutorial about how to create your own skins in the "Skinning" section.

Once you have the mod installed, run Minecraft and switch to the third-person view (F5) to see yourself as a pony!

Oh, and on a last note, I need to add new players to a whitelist, so I need the username used for minecraft, and best if sent by PM.

Ryo_D_Disk

2012 Jun 16, 06:21:24 #49 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 16, 06:28:28 by Ryo_D_Disk
yay my horible video has a use

its an old turorial video i made back in 1.0 but the method is exactly the same regardless just use the newer verstion
(side note it's realy old so just ignor the ending )

Valentine

So there I was, fighting for my life against a creeper, as one tends to do against creepers, when it inevitably explodes almost killing me.  The Princess Celestia Desktop pony chose THAT time to say "These creatures are adorable!"

I love you Cele, but sometimes I think you are called Trollestia for a reason... :l
Remember, I don't know what I'm talking about.

TimeRight

ok THIS is going to be fun!

see every pony there if im aloud on!
[move=6][/move]
Thank you KoalaLover99!
thank you Firefly for the avi

Travius Trott

Quote from: ponyroses on 2012 Jun 30, 15:36:58
awsome i want one
0:)

Aye?
You want to be whitelisted, or have a server?
If the former is the case then please send me a PM with your Minecraft name and I shall add ya.
For the latter I'd say go google it, I'm using Obsidian host and I have yet to have any issues with them, and they can be cheap if you want a small server.

LarryMcLie

I have a problom. It keep going like "Failed to vrifey name" ever time I try to get on the sever. I did /nick LarryMcLie and it worked if thats the case.

Ründo

2012 Jul 02, 17:50:48 #55 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 02, 17:53:03 by Ründo
failed to verify name refers to connecting to the MC name server from the MC server your logging into

this might be the hosts network having problems.

LarryMcLie

Quote from: Ründo on 2012 Jul 02, 17:50:48
failed to verify name refers to connecting to the MC name server from the MC server your logging into

What?

Ründo

Quote from: LarryMcLie on 2012 Jul 02, 17:53:06
What?

Exactly.   all kidding aside; what's probably happening is that Travis's hosted server can't reach the Minecraft.net name server.  As a result you can't enter since it can't verify you.

LarryMcLie

Then I'll shall wait (Inpainshionly) to test out the default skin texture for GPH. (GPH is a texture pack I'm working on.)

Xeno Aura

If anyone is getting errors about 'Unknown Host Exceptions' when trying to join an online server, this is because Mojang have had to change some stuff around due to certain problems.

It should fix itself after a while, but If you wanted a quick fix, you can try this:

I don't accept any responsibility if something goes wrong, nothing bad happened for me, and it did fix the problem

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1328904-internal-client-error-sessionminecraftnet/page__st__20#entry16268374

You will need 'Full Control' administration permissions to edit the file. Also note that the guide only covers Windows PC's. Presumably it should work for XP through 7, unless the directories changed, I don't think they have?

If you aren't confident in editing files in your system folders, don't do it, just be patient and it *should* work itself out.

Go Up