Mane 6 Fighting is Magic... DEAD

Started by Dragnmastralex, 2013 Feb 08, 21:28:52

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dragnmastralex

Yup it happened, what I've been saying since last September.

Hasbro gave them a C&D and now they shut down the game.

I still think they will go after this game too any games that have anything to do with MLP is being shut down its not just names its also likeness'

Hasbro has been going after everything they won't let up the legal department is shutting everything down.
this action makes the 5th game they've shut down dealing with MLP.
they also shut down all the other fan projects like witchcraft is magic.

Be afraid be very afraid.
[/center]

Iodine

I'm worried for LoE. I know it's avoiding copyright infringements and such, but you never know. It sucks to put a lot of development into something and then have it canceled.

super_chris85

just imagine how Fighting is magic feels having movesets and fighting styles done just to have it completely canceled  :c I hope that the team can keep LoE away from being shut down

Rissian

I think LoE will be okay it contains no copyright infringement and even if they tried to get it because of area names if that's even possible, they can just rename everything and change things that are copyrighted if anything is, which I don't think it is aside from area names and the world name. And you can't claim Unicorn or Pegasus as they belong to mythology and Earth Ponies are just normal Ponies basically.

Detective Woona

Steam Name: The Bird Lion
MC Name: Stalwart_Shield

Mmmm, quite.

GalvinRoe

I have absolutely no interest in this game, but I'll sign a petition that allows it to continue. Let the freedom of art reign true.

Furthermore, I'll be passing this petition around to everyone I know. It doesn't matter if it 'doesn't' work, what matters is we show our interest in Hasbro's practices.

Get this around the internet people, if nothing else show we disprove of Hasbro's policies.

Quote from: Detective Woona on 2013 Feb 08, 22:00:50
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/526/847/063/allow-the-continuation-of-the-development-of-mane6s-mlp-fighting-is-magic/

Book Smarts

Quote from: Trege on 2013 Feb 08, 21:38:14
I think LoE will be okay it contains no copyright infringement and even if they tried to get it because of area names if that's even possible, they can just rename everything and change things that are copyrighted if anything is, which I don't think it is aside from area names and the world name. And you can't claim Unicorn or Pegasus as they belong to mythology and Earth Ponies are just normal Ponies basically.

Just about to actually say the same thing

prinnykage

i was looking forward to this game it looked great

colinkochevar

I've already signed that petition. I hope it makes them reconsider.... So does anybody know why they're doing this? I mean it doesn't make sense. It wasn't hurting them financially. It was helping them. Seriously, I was gonna buy some blind bag ponies and stuff but now I have no respect for them and I won't. Heck why don't they just hire Mane 6 and sell the game? I would buy it. I just don't see the logic in doing this...
How can party rock be in the house tonight, if everybody's outside?

McSleuthburger

Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Go Up