Skyrim

Started by Remedy, 2012 Apr 15, 00:13:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ash

Just curious if anyone here has actually played any of the other TES games other then Skyrim? I've only played 3-5 but from what I can tell Morrrowind had a better world to explore in and reminded me of the days I played EQ and would go exploring into very dangerous territory and barely getting out alive. 4-5 lessend that feel imo but greatly improved the combat mechanics.

Anyways on topic of Skyrim: I really wish there was multiplayer in a TES game. I would love to be able to adventure in the game with my brother or other people online, we would also be able to make team set-ups like one of us becomes the "tank" while the other one is a archer/assassin or a mage/healer. I'm really hoping some mod wizerd can make co-op in Skyrim because THAT would be simply amazing.

Side note: Is talk of the rumored TES MMO allowed here or should that be another thread since it isn't technically Skyrim related?

Malkies

Thanks to everpony on here and the multiple Skyrim threads, I had the urge to play again today =P
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules., I love the sneak skill *-*

Iodine

I've played Arena, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. I haven't tried Daggerfall yet. Arena is very hard and very slow. Morrowind is pretty slow too.

Co-op or multiplayer would break too many of the mechanics in Skyrim, so it would need a complete overhaul of the gameplay.

Chishio Kunrin

I've played Morrowind and Oblivion, and I'm gonna start Skyrim in about May. Dunno why, but I've pretty much always picked khajit as my race. This time in Skyrim, though, being a khajit will be strategic rather than "Ooh, I like how this one looks."

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Ash

Quote from: Iodine on 2012 Apr 17, 16:21:20
Co-op or multiplayer would break too many of the mechanics in Skyrim, so it would need a complete overhaul of the gameplay.

An official mode will certainly need new mechanics to make sure the game is combatible with multiple people. But with a mod you would properly be playing it with just a friend you "trust" so it would mainly be for fun than for gameplay balance, or at least that's all I'm really looking for. Just imagine being two assassins and backstabbing two guys at the same time, or shooting them both with arrows without anyone noticing? The possibilties in a world like Skyrim + co-op would be amazing.  *-*

Zygrograxgra

2012 Apr 17, 16:38:46 #26 Last Edit: 2012 Apr 17, 16:43:23 by Zygrograxgra
Quote from: DXLelouch on 2012 Apr 17, 12:19:43
lol who doesnt plan ahead and bookmark the games wiki before they play it X3

One word...
Me.

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Apr 17, 08:10:48
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Apr 15, 21:38:20
If I knew how to mod and had it for the PC, AND had a PC that could run Skyrim, AND now how to make models, I'd do something.
I'd make it so that...
Most everything has a size increase equal to its level. Level 1 would be 1% larger, level 50 would be 50% larger, etc.
Alduin would get a little stronger and a little larger when he takes damage, during his final fight, as well as have more than 2355 health. 10,000 to be exact.
Bandits would upgrade their gear and abilities over time. Some mages would spawn with healing spells, and would focus on just that. Occasional bandits would spawn with heavy armor and try to soak up the blows for their buddies. Some would be sneaky types, and try to get you from behind while you aren't paying attention.
Weak foes, such as wolves and skeevers, would attack in really large swarms. Wolves with 15+, and Skeevers would be like bees in their swarms.
Spriggans and Matrons would be able to heal rapidly over time, and would always heal when they kneel. The more they heal, the larger they get (to a limit, perhaps x4 size?) and the more powerful they get.
Spriggan Matrons would explode when they die, in a blast of the weird green triangles that they attack with.
You could go backwards in Perk Trees, not just forwards.
You would gain two health/stamina/magicka increases per level, not just one.
Skills would start at 5.
Female dragons, which would be larger (about 1.2 times), thinner, and faster (about 1.1 times) than male dragons. They would be aggressive only rarely though, mainly when protecting their babies.
Baby dragons. They would be tiny, cute, chubby, and playful. Appearing at Dragon Dens or whatever they're called, appearing in groups of 4-7 at a time. They would not give souls when killed, for balance purposes. They also would NEVER attack first, and killing them would have the game call you a monster, because they are innocent little things. The nests would be placed in the little half circle the Word Wall makes.
A male and a female dragon will both appear at dragon dens, once you hit level 15. The Male would be on the wall, and the Female would be nearby somewhere.
You could spend Dragon Souls at a large stone at the Throat of the World, after Alduin is dead. They would be spent on upgrades, such as slowly getting small dragon wings for momentary flight, or reduced shout time, or something like that.
Dragon colors would be like the rainbow.
More sliders for customizing, such as height, tail length, etc.
Foes would have higher level limits.
Dragons would be anywhere from half normal size to seven times normal size, when encountered in the wild.
Shields would protect a lot more, while other armor pieces would protect a lot less.
Bears would be horrifying challenges.
Equipment would have durability of some sort.
Having costume armor slots, so you could look like you were wearing something different, or nothing (for you shirtless monks)
Hair doesn't care about the helmet unless it would go through it, and spines wouldn't even care about clipping.
Thalmor would be more than just damage sponges.
When health is below 10% time would slow down.
Faster movement speed, I don't feel fast enough.
Dyes for your armor's primary and secondary colors.
More music.
Giant insects.
I could go on...

Although I'm not a fan of the excessive growing of enemies, the slowing down of time or the skills at level 5.
But your ideas with those "Dragon Dens" is really great.
I also like the whole stronger enemies at higher levels, because I pretty much walked through
Skuldafn right into Sovngarde. There is no real challenge any more.

Try sending it to Bethesda Softworks, maybe they will take it into consideration for the next instalments or even the DLC.

Glad you enjoyed that in general. My idea behind the growing and larger enemies is because...
1: larger seems more powerful
2: I like it when things are big, not sure why. The growth of the Spriggans would be a sort of way to balance the fact that they regenerate their health, getting easier to hit and less maneuverable. It also just makes sense to me. It'd be meant more for my personal enjoyment.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Goldenrod

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Apr 17, 16:38:46

One word...
Me.

If I knew how to mod and had it for the PC, AND had a PC that could run Skyrim, AND now how to make models, I'd do something.
I'd make it so that...
Most everything has a size increase equal to its level. Level 1 would be 1% larger, level 50 would be 50% larger, etc.
Alduin would get a little stronger and a little larger when he takes damage, during his final fight, as well as have more than 2355 health. 10,000 to be exact.
Bandits would upgrade their gear and abilities over time. Some mages would spawn with healing spells, and would focus on just that. Occasional bandits would spawn with heavy armor and try to soak up the blows for their buddies. Some would be sneaky types, and try to get you from behind while you aren't paying attention.
Weak foes, such as wolves and skeevers, would attack in really large swarms. Wolves with 15+, and Skeevers would be like bees in their swarms.
Spriggans and Matrons would be able to heal rapidly over time, and would always heal when they kneel. The more they heal, the larger they get (to a limit, perhaps x4 size?) and the more powerful they get.
Spriggan Matrons would explode when they die, in a blast of the weird green triangles that they attack with.
Skills would start at 5.
Female dragons, which would be larger (about 1.2 times), thinner, and faster (about 1.1 times) than male dragons. They would be aggressive only rarely though, mainly when protecting their babies.
Baby dragons. They would be tiny, cute, chubby, and playful. Appearing at Dragon Dens or whatever they're called, appearing in groups of 4-7 at a time. They would not give souls when killed, for balance purposes. They also would NEVER attack first, and killing them would have the game call you a monster, because they are innocent little things. The nests would be placed in the little half circle the Word Wall makes.
A male and a female dragon will both appear at dragon dens, once you hit level 15. The Male would be on the wall, and the Female would be nearby somewhere.
You could spend Dragon Souls at a large stone at the Throat of the World, after Alduin is dead. They would be spent on upgrades, such as slowly getting small dragon wings for momentary flight, or reduced shout time, or something like that.
Dragons would be anywhere from half normal size to seven times normal size, when encountered in the wild.
Shields would protect a lot more, while other armor pieces would protect a lot less.
Having costume armor slots, so you could look like you were wearing something different, or nothing (for you shirtless monks)
Hair doesn't care about the helmet unless it would go through it, and spines wouldn't even care about clipping.
More music.
Giant insects.
I could go on...

Although I'm not a fan of the excessive growing of enemies, the slowing down of time or the skills at level 5.
I also like the whole stronger enemies at higher levels, because I pretty much walked through

Try sending it to Bethesda Softworks, maybe they will take it into consideration for the next instalments or even the DLC.

Glad you enjoyed that in general. My idea behind the growing and larger enemies is because...
2: I like it when things are big, not sure why. The growth of the Spriggans would be a sort of way to balance the fact that they regenerate their health, getting easier to hit and less maneuverable. It also just makes sense to me. It'd be meant more for my personal enjoyment.

My only problem with growing enemies would be door clearance issues.
If you played as a summoner and used a frost atronach for any length of time you know what I mean.
It runs at the enemy who retreats back through a doorway.
It tries to follow but is too big and gets stuck, keeping you from getting through and allowing the enemy to beat on it unopposed if they are mages.
You sit there trying to summon it on the other side of the door, but it keeps summoning in the same spot because you can't get LoS past it.

CyanideInsanity

MOAR PONIES FOR SKYRIM!

Also has anyone else used the console command "pushactoraway"? pushactoraway 00000014(the player) 150 is the funnest way to travel in skyrim! Though you might also want god mode on so you don't take too much fall damage.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Goldenrod on 2012 Apr 17, 22:34:10
Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Apr 17, 16:38:46

One word...
Me.

I'd make it so that...
Skills would start at 5.
More music.
Giant insects.
I could go on...

My only problem with growing enemies would be door clearance issues.
If you played as a summoner and used a frost atronach for any length of time you know what I mean.
It runs at the enemy who retreats back through a doorway.
It tries to follow but is too big and gets stuck, keeping you from getting through and allowing the enemy to beat on it unopposed if they are mages.
You sit there trying to summon it on the other side of the door, but it keeps summoning in the same spot because you can't get LoS past it.

I haven't played as a summoner yet, but I have done that trick on the frost atronach.
I took that into consideration when coming up with the idea, but didn't think of a way to make it work until now.
Have it so that enemies only become as large as the dungeon would allow. If a door is six feet tall and that's the shortest, they become just under that at max. If it's twenty feet, that's the max.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Chishio Kunrin

I wish I knew if I could post a video of Pinkie Pie fighting people in Skyrim to Smile Smile Smile.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Apr 19, 16:09:24

I wish I knew if I could post a video of Pinkie Pie fighting people in Skyrim to Smile Smile Smile.

D'AAAAAAWWWWW  ono

poor fluttershy, it's a dark path for the dragonborn

Teal Turken

Anyone ever get that glitch where your character's face vanishes, revealing the empty inside of you head?

Goldenrod

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2012 Apr 20, 11:05:15
Anyone ever get that glitch where your character's face vanishes, revealing the empty inside of you head?

I had that mage's college quest glitch that leaves your character completely invisible.
I forget which one it was, but the one where you help the girl mage out and she practices on you.
It glitched and it ended with a horse with my name and then invisible me.

Iodine

Awww, Fluttershy.

You know that first giant you see at Whiterun that you're supposed to help the Companions take down? I was too busy catching butterflies to notice it my first time playing. They weren't too happy. lol

Book Smarts

Were you against a wall when the camera was shifting around your character? That usually happens in games

Little Judas

What were you wearing, there is something with your clothing and disappearing heads.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Ozzy

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Apr 21, 04:09:12

What were you wearing, there is something with your clothing and disappearing heads.

When i wear the Ancient Hooded Cowl from the Dark Brotherhood on my Argonian, my spines vanish and I have no hood, I can also wear an extra head piece  o_O

Little Judas

Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 Apr 21, 04:13:54
Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Apr 21, 04:09:12

When i wear the Ancient Hooded Cowl from the Dark Brotherhood on my Argonian, my spines vanish and I have no hood, I can also wear an extra head piece  o_O

If you're playing on PC, there is a MOD that fixed it.
But try and see it as a good thing, you can probably wear a Dragon Priest mask at the same time.
If you play on a console, try and install the latest patch (v. 1.5.26.0.5).
But playing as a Redguard, I can't say if the patch fixed it.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Iodine

Speaking of glitches...

WUT

Go Up