Go Down

Ramisha

No, that's not even the silliest thing

walks into Riften
*20 mins later*
becomes master thief

the dark gods

Speaking of Riften.
Marven Black-Briar, and her Mass Effect counter part, Aria T'Loak.
Oh what, I'm supposed to be impressed by these two thugs? Seriously, I don't get why they get treated in game as if they have some real power over the main characters? So what if they literally run a town/space station and all the criminals that work in it's extensive system? It's not like I, as Commander Shepard/The Dragon Born haven't fought through literally worse then this on a almost weekly basis, and in the Dragon Borns case, am higher up in said underworld then Marven is, and the worst I can do is kill a horse, one that Marven can easily replace?
I don't get why RPGs keep making these characters that are supposed to be threatening to us despite being no worse then any other of the ilk we massacre by the bucket load.
thank you Sky Sketch

Ramisha

That's why I stay out of Riften, unfortunately it has the second most beautiful house :( my favorite is Vlindrel Hall :) I love dwemer

Green Lantern

Quote from: the dark gods on 2014 Feb 18, 08:51:55
Speaking of Riften.
Marven Black-Briar, and her Mass Effect counter part, Aria T'Loak.
Oh what, I'm supposed to be impressed by these two thugs? Seriously, I don't get why they get treated in game as if they have some real power over the main characters? So what if they literally run a town/space station and all the criminals that work in it's extensive system? It's not like I, as Commander Shepard/The Dragon Born haven't fought through literally worse then this on a almost weekly basis, and in the Dragon Borns case, am higher up in said underworld then Marven is, and the worst I can do is kill a horse, one that Marven can easily replace?
I don't get why RPGs keep making these characters that are supposed to be threatening to us despite being no worse then any other of the ilk we massacre by the bucket load.
Maven doesn't run Riften, that's Laila's job. Maven is just part of an influential family with a lot of connections. I suppose if you really want her dead you could use the command console.

As for Aria, it's been proven that she's not on Shepard's level. When Oleg Petrovsky took over Omega, Aria wouldn't have had a chance in hell to take it back without Shepard's help.

the dark gods

Marven doesn't run Riften in the same way boss Tweed didn't run New York. And not to mention that if you side with eh Imperials, Marven becomes the new Jarl. And the console Commands mean nothing, I could use them to kill Alduin in the opening but that won't save Helgen.

But the fact still remains,ME2, Shepard is some forced to treat Lara with respect when we first run into her on Omega, despite the fact she's little different then other Warlord Shepard has already taken down, they really should have added in a Renegade option to insult her a few times in ME2, but nope, gotta wait until she needs your help directly before you can even say anything close to a insult to her.
thank you Sky Sketch

Green Lantern

Quote from: the dark gods on 2014 Feb 19, 01:53:33
But the fact still remains,ME2, Shepard is some forced to treat Lara with respect when we first run into her on Omega, despite the fact she's little different then other Warlord Shepard has already taken down, they really should have added in a Renegade option to insult her a few times in ME2, but nope, gotta wait until she needs your help directly before you can even say anything close to a insult to her.
I don't like the renegade options in Mass Effect. I think they put them in for giggles and nothing else.
I very much doubt Shepard reached the rank of Commander by punching every reporter he came across.
He also has nothing to gain from insulting the head of some rinky dink space station. The man's come back from the dead, I doubt he has anything left to prove.

the dark gods

Quote from: Green Lantern on 2014 Feb 19, 13:24:57
I don't like the renegade options in Mass Effect. I think they put them in for giggles and nothing else.
I very much doubt Shepard reached the rank of Commander by punching every reporter he came across.
He also has nothing to gain from insulting the head of some rinky dink space station. The man's come back from the dead, I doubt he has anything left to prove.

You think roughly 1/3rd of Shepard's lines are put in for a joke?

And it's not about respect, it's about taking out a uppity criminal like I've done so a hundred times. I fight through hundreds of Blue Suns and Eclipse mooks because they're scum, why can't I do the same with this Asari punk and her mooks?
thank you Sky Sketch

Green Lantern

Quote from: the dark gods on 2014 Feb 20, 17:46:46
Quote from: Green Lantern on 2014 Feb 19, 13:24:57

You think roughly 1/3rd of Shepard's lines are put in for a joke?

And it's not about respect, it's about taking out a uppity criminal like I've done so a hundred times. I fight through hundreds of Blue Suns and Eclipse mooks because they're scum, why can't I do the same with this Asari punk and her mooks?
No. I don't think they were put in as a joke, but more than half of his renegade lines made me chuckle. The only scene that made me think "Wow, that was awesome" was when he pushed a mercenary out of a window.

As for taking out a uppity criminal? Shepard is not a cop. He's been focused on doing one thing since the first game. Stopping the Reapers. He's also worked with criminals before. Kasumi, Zaeed, a terrorist organization known as Cerberus.

the dark gods

Quote from: Green Lantern on 2014 Feb 20, 18:47:33
As for taking out a uppity criminal? Shepard is not a cop. He's been focused on doing one thing since the first game. Stopping the Reapers. He's also worked with criminals before. Kasumi, Zaeed, a terrorist organization known as Cerberus.

Shepard does a whole-heck-of-a-lot stuff in his side missions that aren't even related to the Reapers in the slightest.
Kasumi and Zaeed provide a huge benefit to me via being a high skilled spec-op level troop that are willing to work under me, and Shepard didn't team up with Cerberus, Cerberus teamed up with Shepard, you can totally play the game and constantly distance yourself from Cerberus and one of the first dialogue choices is to say "I'm not going to work for you!" to TIM himself, not to mention in the next game Cerberus kinda becomes the enemy that you take down, Aria? Never given a chance to even act against her throughout the entire series.
thank you Sky Sketch

Green Lantern

Quote from: the dark gods on 2014 Feb 20, 20:36:04snip

I know Shepard does a lot in his side missions. The games would be rather short without them.
As for Aria, she is never a threat to him in the video games or the novels. Shepard has no reason to want her dead.

Midnight Breeze

Has anyone found a way to circumvent Skyrim's grabbing-everything-by-the-goddang-bottom shenanigans? I spent 20 minutes trying to get a vase to stand upright on the floor...and failed.

Does Bethesda think we only care about using houses to throw everything into a chest? If all I wanted was the STORE my items then a single chest, barrel, cloth sack, or even an 8-inch-wide strongbox has unlimited interior space and can hold every darned item in the game. No, I want to DECORATE my house, for Christ's sake! I want my shelves and mantles display my unique trophies and items! Not be full of bloody pots and pans!

Green Lantern

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Mar 16, 03:16:51
Does Bethesda think we only care about using houses to throw everything into a chest?
I used my house for that exact reason. Chests for weapons, dressers for armor, sacks for potions, and barrels for dragon bones.
I also had to clear out every other item it sight, or else it would irritate me by appearing on the floor next time I came back.
Different strokes, eh?  X3

Ramisha

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Mar 16, 03:16:51
Has anyone found a way to circumvent Skyrim's grabbing-everything-by-the-goddang-bottom shenanigans? I spent 20 minutes trying to get a vase to stand upright on the floor...and failed.

oh OH I decorated  my alchemy place in Solitude, I put ~20-30 ingredients on shelves and places nicely and neatly and when I came back...
BOOM EXPLOSION there's ingredients ALL OVER THE PLACE FFFFFFUU then I had to do it aaaall over and put them back.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Mar 16, 15:23:17
oh OH I decorated  my alchemy place in Solitude, I put ~20-30 ingredients on shelves and places nicely and neatly and when I came back...
BOOM EXPLOSION there's ingredients ALL OVER THE PLACE FFFFFFUU then I had to do it aaaall over and put them back.

Lol, that glitch has been in the game since launch and it's still not fixed? That's so Bethesda.

There's a glitch with dropping items from your inventory. If leave the cell then the item will return to where you dropped it. If you want to place things on a shelf you have to drop everything on the floor. Leave, come back in and THEN move it where you want. After that it will stay put.

Ramisha

I know. But I didn't know it then. :(
I used to live in the Abandoned Shack but now I live at the College. I miss my shack. It was so beautiful.  :s

writteninstone

In Skyrim when I killed a chicken in some small town and the ENTIRE POPULATION came running at me with pitchforks like I had burned down their windmill or something. >A<
"Diabolical [color=#BCE5

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: writteninstone on 2014 Mar 30, 20:10:30
In Skyrim when I killed a chicken in some small town and the ENTIRE POPULATION came running at me with pitchforks like I had burned down their windmill or something. >A<

How about:

Illegal immigration = death penalty

Mass murder = a week in jail

Sakura_Blossom

When you have to navigate a large area without a map (Oh believe me, it's annoying)

Ramisha

when I start playing a new MMO and there's LEVEL 100 PEOPLE WITH EPIC ARMOR EVERYWHERE

Puynsi

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Mar 31, 10:16:35
when I start playing a new MMO and there's LEVEL 100 PEOPLE WITH EPIC ARMOR EVERYWHERE

Sounds like Ragnarok Online in a nutshell

Go Up