Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: super_chris85 on 2012 Nov 18, 15:29:34
And when my nickname Cecil Fricks is taken who the hell thinks of that anyways

It's always soooo weird when someone else takes the nickname or username you tend to use a lot. It's kind of irritating too. You can't help but feel like "That's my thing! >:(" Especially when you have friends who know you by that nickname or username.

That's why I'm waiting until I get my own Minecraft account before I make other accounts for stuff with the name I wanna use. I wanna make sure the name is available on Minecraft first.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

It was weird for me finding out Trege was taken on other forums and video games It's actually why I had to use Trege100 for my messengers. It's mainly odd because I made up that name for one of my FFXI characters that was in my sister's story as one of her characters brothers. I didn't think anyone would use the name Trege as it just seems uncommon. So it's slightly annoying when that name is taken in online games or messengers.  x3

Chishio Kunrin

It's the most bizarre feeling in the world, when you feel like a name you've come up with is really original, especially if it has two parts to it, but someone else somehow had the exact same idea. How does that happen?! That's why I wanted there to be a second part after "Rozalyn".

That weird problem, though, is the reason why, as soon as I get my Minecraft account, I'm gonna make accounts on various other places using my Minecraft account name. Bam. Preemptive strike, grab up the accounts before someone else takes my name. I'm planning on...
Tumblr, I guess
Deviantart, maybe
Facebook page - why not?
Twitter, definitely
Youtube, definitely x2

Dunno where else, though.

Rissian

2012 Nov 18, 17:09:47 #243 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 18, 17:17:41 by Trege
Yeah sometimes when my name is taken I add either numbers or something random. Like I have a pet red fox named Rayuken alongside my pet silver fox on Mabinogi so I ended up putting Trege Rayuken once as my first name and last name on yahoo since it requires that for an account.

Rozalyn seems pretty original though and having an underscore before the second part helps as well so you may not have to worry about it being taken.

Xeno Aura

Yeah, had a couple of my names used before... either me a long time ago, and I've forgotten, or someone else. More thinking it was someone else though. :D

Most recently, in a couple of games I've played, I find it annoying when mission objectives aren't necessarily all that clear.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Xeno Aura on 2012 Nov 18, 17:38:52
Yeah, had a couple of my names used before... either me a long time ago, and I've forgotten, or someone else. More thinking it was someone else though. :D

Most recently, in a couple of games I've played, I find it annoying when mission objectives aren't necessarily all that clear.

When the instructions for a puzzle aren't clear at all, and the clues are completely useless. :l

Xeno Aura

For me it was Resident Evil 5, generally it's ok, it's a fairly 1 track game, can't deviate anywhere, but there's 1 point right at the start of the game, where you get attacked by a large mass of enemies, and you're meant to run past them all and get to a house. But as far as I could tell, there was no indication of that being what you were meant to do, so I died twice in a row before my friend ran into a house and a cutscene randomly started.

Rissian

2012 Nov 18, 18:12:04 #247 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 18, 18:15:54 by Trege
I didn't like RE5 as much as the classic ones, I like playing the old ones on PS2 and GCN although I don't like RE4 much either but I do watch my sister play RE4-5 and RE6 is fun as well it feels like the controls work better for the gameplay style than it did for RE4-5.

(I think the classic Resident Evil games do have puzzle's that take a while to figure out without much clue on what to do though if I recall correctly. o_o)

Chishio Kunrin

I barely remember the old Resident Evil games. I watched my dad play them when I was a child. I loved it. There was one part in one of the games where he had trouble with a licker in a hallway. He couldn't seem to get past it. He kept getting a cutscene of it attacking him and then his blood hitting a window. Can't remember how he finally got past it.

Rissian

The most recent old one I played lately is RE Zero it isn't as classic as RE1 or 2 I haven't played them in a while, on outbreak file 2 though I ran into a licker in the hallway on the police station scenario it eventually got me because I was injured and couldn't run anymore so the licker caught up and destroyed me after Yoko got pulled out of a window.  :I

Book Smarts

Ryo_D_Disk

Montizuma from Civalisation V seriouly is he programed to be a jerk or what you your at peace with me WAR ((funnything is he always loses))

Rissian

When bosses defy the game physics, you can't hit through a wall bosses can, you can't change direction while falling bosses can, they can even home in on you while they already started attacking in one direction. A boss in dark souls is annoying me because of this.  :c

lurk852

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 18, 21:33:52
When bosses defy the game physics, you can't hit through a wall bosses can, you can't change direction while falling bosses can, they can even home in on you while they already started attacking in one direction. A boss in dark souls is annoying me because of this.  :c

Welcome to Dark Souls!  ovO

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2012 Nov 18, 20:04:32
Montizuma from Civalisation V seriouly is he programed to be a jerk or what you your at peace with me WAR ((funnything is he always loses))

He's like that in all the games. That's why there's the old saying: "never trust an Aztec with Nukes".
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Ryo_D_Disk

another pointless one and somepony must have brought him up ((but im to lazy to check)) Silver from sonic 06 uuugh it hurts just saying that but its a broken fight and that one line during the lock

"Its no use" my reponce was not a pleasnt one after a while i can tell you that much

Chishio Kunrin

When a follower NPC has a habit of disappearing, especially at the worst times. I stopped playing Skyrim because my Lydia kept disappearing, and I could never find her. I didn't know if she was dead or had just vanished again. I really dunno what was wrong with her. She was so glitchy. Followers aren't supposed to be arrested, but once when she disappeared, I found her in a cell in the Whiterun prison. o.O

I was so mad and annoyed when I had entered Whiterun and she was nowhere to be seen, so I decided to wander while I waited for her to show up. When I found her in that cell, it was both annoying and funny at the same time.
Guard: Something wrong?
me: YEAH, you have my follower in a cell! >:/

lurk852

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 19, 07:16:49
When a follower NPC has a habit of disappearing, especially at the worst times. I stopped playing Skyrim because my Lydia kept disappearing, and I could never find her. I didn't know if she was dead or had just vanished again. I really dunno what was wrong with her. She was so glitchy. Followers aren't supposed to be arrested, but once when she disappeared, I found her in a cell in the Whiterun prison. o.O

I was so mad and annoyed when I had entered Whiterun and she was nowhere to be seen, so I decided to wander while I waited for her to show up. When I found her in that cell, it was both annoying and funny at the same time.
Guard: Something wrong?
me: YEAH, you have my follower in a cell! >:/

Yeah, followers are wonky... I have a mod that adds a crapload of new followers/other NPCs, and there's one follower that has a ridiculously awesome accent... but she still gets in the way because of generic NPC pathing problems. E.g. if I leave Whiterun and jump over the gate to go south, I have to wait quite awhile for her to catch up.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Rissian

Gravelord Nito.  :I  That is one boss that's not fun to get too and not fun to fight after you get to it.

The Wandering Magus

when the boss becomes invulnerable and sends out swarms of minions to attack you, while the boss recharges half the damage you just dealt and you get no recharge.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Julius

... Vercingetorix, the last optional boss from Final Fantasy XIII. He's one tough muffin, even if you're maxed out.

... I beat him without being maxed out. ovO
Purr~

Go Up