PC gamepads?

Started by Stardust Dragon, 2015 Dec 31, 22:28:36

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Stardust Dragon

Hey all,

While I've been a gamer for quite some time, I'm not exactly super familiar with hardware compatibility, so I wanted to ask for some advice before I go making a bad investment.

The gist of my question is that I'm looking for a gamepad compatible with some games on Steam (which seem to indicate they have at least partial, most full, controller support).  Does anyone have suggestions for a specific brand/model that's worked for a while?  I've been a hardcore Nintendo fan for most of my life, so I don't already have an Xbox controller to try; I hear they're alright though, just wondering if there's a less pricey alternative.

I understand that gamepad support is individual game-based, not platform-wide across Steam, which is why I made sure the games in question are listed under controller supported.  Thanks for the help!

KirbyFluttershy

I believe the stores has the steam gamepad if you asked me, but if it's for certain games, then you wanna get USB GCN controller and PS1-2 controller adapter. Some are compatible with xbox360 controller so you need a USB xbox360 controller.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Stardust Dragon

I looked at Steam Gamepad but it seems...pricey to me.  I can get it if I need to but I was hoping for something decent quality for less (the eternal struggle).

As for the GCN controller, are you referring to something like a Retrolink GCN controller with attached USB, or a GCN port-USB adapter?  Have you used either method and seen how compatible it is?  For reference none of the games I'm looking at are explicitly Nintendo products, and I'd be willing to use something different if I'm fairly sure it will run.  I don't fully understand programming, so I worry I'd be lost when it comes to anything more complicated than controller mapping.

I've found the Logitech F310 through my research, does anyone have this/can recommend it?

Go Up