Limited Access Release Applications Are Closed!

Started by Ellowee, 2016 Nov 21, 20:22:04

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Peace Keeper

Some great backgrounds in game programming here. I'm pretty sure ya guys are near the end of the semester, yes? Could be great to give much more time to play around in the L.A.R. event.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

AdrenalineRush26

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2016 Dec 07, 19:50:00
Some great backgrounds in game programming here. I'm pretty sure ya guys are near the end of the semester, yes? Could be great to give much more time to play around in the L.A.R. event.

Yeah next week is my Finals week. I start up Spring semester on the 2nd week of January I think.

Peace Keeper

Wow. Sounds like a good 3 weeks break there. Keep it up till the finals. Hope you study and work hard for the exam. Make em proud, then make LoE proud lol
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

AdrenalineRush26

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2016 Dec 07, 19:57:09
Wow. Sounds like a good 3 weeks break there. Keep it up till the finals. Hope you study and work hard for the exam. Make em proud, then make LoE proud lol

I only have 3 finals and they are all on Tuesday. I've got Monday and Thursday off, but I have a job on-campus on Wednesday and Friday. I'll have some time during the week at least, but as Twilight once said, "CLOCK. IS. TICKING."  ovO

Peace Keeper

Hehe true, especially for the L.A.R. I bet people around here are Twily crazy for the date to finally come by, even myself.

Also, wow a lot work you gotta go through.

Morphius

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2016 Dec 07, 20:35:34
Hehe true, especially for the L.A.R. I bet people around here are Twily crazy for the date to finally come by, even myself.

Also, wow a lot work you gotta go through.

December 12th as stated.

Cooly568

Is it officially the 12th that it'll be announced?

AdrenalineRush26

Quote from: Cooly568 on 2016 Dec 08, 08:51:24

I don't believe so. The 12th is when the servers open permanently. It is more than likely that they will inform those who have been accepted before then.

Asriel

Quote from: AdrenalineRush26 on 2016 Dec 07, 19:28:04
Hmmm, not sure if this would be a bit....mean(?) but I was thinking that everyone who gets in should start and join a single herd or something. Not really sure how beneficial it is but I thought it could be fun for everyone who got accepted! :s

Hmmm... I think that's a good idea, but I think members shouldn't exclude anyone else. Also, I think it's a great idea for after the servers are open to more people, for the members selected first to have a "reunion" type thing in-game. Each member would have a sort of list of the other ponies in the group, so they'd be able to recognize them in the game, and have a group of friends from the get-go.

Or something like that.

But they would have to be careful not to become sort of elitist club or something like that.
"Henceforth," Ditzy continued, "you shall observe Muffin Monday on the first Thursday of every August! You shall commemorate it... with a minute of solemn silence for reflection on the fragility of life. And then, muffins!"

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Cooly568 on 2016 Dec 08, 08:51:24

It is said in the news that everyone will be notified in advanced, so we will expect notifications before Dec. 12.

It is alright to create a herd or guild, I got no objections to that. Least a small group is enough so that few can come hang around. As an entire group of people who got accepted, well... that's a challenge x3 gotta convince hundreds to join and that ain't easy.

If one thing I learned from LoE experience is we may see herd form during the gameplay, or closed server testing for this one x3, so I wouldn't be surprised we may see a group making a circle somewhere. However, people would probably create guilds right at the moment they got acceptance so they can gather, send info on how they will look like in-game, meeting place, and other stuff before they open.

And DEFINITELY sounds nice for reunions. Every OSW in the past friends or herds send each other news to meet up, so for sure when it becomes more open to everyone we will be seeing a welcome back party. Just imagine what friendships we had in only 3 days, and now think what can be done in the many days it is opened. Could be something bigger, like a snowball rolling down the LoE event hill, where the hill would now be a mountain of many days.

Also... hehehe x3 could be somewhat possible for an elitist group, but hopefully they all still love and respect for all. Not sure who would want to start a billionair's club lol not that a herd like that is bad, probably a group of OCs with names correlating to wealth, but you know what I mean x3.

We do have some herds that still thrive till this day, though they become much active during or before the events and only a few actually remain active. Unfortunately many herds wimper out of existence due to no longer wanting to wait for the next event or just moved on to other stuff. Still there are the very few who continue the passion for LoE game/forum and to MLP and perhaps still accepting members. I mean if you wanna wish to join a herd, creat one of your own, or just go lone wolf and maybe discover or create one in-game x3 possibility is enormous.

WOW THAT WAS A LOT OF TALKING FROM ME lol

AdrenalineRush26

Thursday night and still no word. I'm guessing they will notify people over the weekend.

Or maybe they've already notified people and told them not to announce that they were accepted!  O:

Asriel

Quote from: AdrenalineRush26 on 2016 Dec 08, 19:56:32
Thursday night and still no word. I'm guessing they will notify people over the weekend.

Or maybe they've already notified people and told them not to announce that they were accepted!  O:

Well, the only reason they would tell them not to would be if some of them were told before others.

Anyway, I was thinking we might be either told Friday or Sunday.
"Henceforth," Ditzy continued, "you shall observe Muffin Monday on the first Thursday of every August! You shall commemorate it... with a minute of solemn silence for reflection on the fragility of life. And then, muffins!"

Morphius

Or that, they're sending out the letters to the selected testers & or publicizing a new update topic by tomorrow (December 9th) that's 3 days away from the testing release. Think of it similar like releasing the download link 3 days away from an open sever event...

Asriel

Quote from: Morphius on 2016 Dec 08, 22:23:23
Or that, they're sending out the letters to the selected testers & or publicizing a new update topic by tomorrow (December 9th) that's 3 days away from the testing release. Think of it similar like releasing the download link 3 days away from an open sever event...

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. It gives enough time for preparation, yet gives them maximum time to determine which people deserve to get in.

Peace Keeper

Looks like the hype is growing here. Just a bit more everyone. 3 days away. Just have a little patience. It will pay off hopefully.

Aqua Splash

Probably not, because I know just how well people can keep a secret!
What the heck is a gravitas?

ColeThePony/Toothless

When will the names will be revealed for the LAR? I hope i get in

Peace Keeper

Quote from: ColeThePony/Toothless on 2016 Dec 09, 13:04:33
When will the names will be revealed for the LAR? I hope i get in

Right now it is very unknown. Sometime within these 3 days is a definite certainty. So far there is no sign of acceptance letters yet, but should be soon now.

Erksu

Hey guys, have you been selected to L.A.R? Did you get message on forum private messages or to email?

Go Up