What makes a poor OC? Post your thoughts here!

Started by Renatan, 2014 Apr 27, 22:45:47

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

cloudwilk

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Aug 04, 00:16:04
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Aug 02, 09:35:21
Because nobody would use the standard races. And we don't know as much about other races compared to the normal ponies.

Earth ponies would still reign supreme in my book.

XD I laugh with you only because earth ponies seriously need more love... and that's coming from a Pegasus >.<

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 05, 09:24:38
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Aug 04, 00:16:04
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Aug 02, 09:35:21
Because nobody would use the standard races. And we don't know as much about other races compared to the normal ponies.

Earth ponies would still reign supreme in my book.

XD I laugh with you only because earth ponies seriously need more love... and that's coming from a Pegasus >.<

Well, Earth Ponies are special too. After all, they grow our food like the Apple Family. Sure, they don't have abilities like unicorns, Pegasus, or alicorns and have to hold things by their mouths a lot (Yuck, but understanding) but all ponies are special. Just like humans in our world.

Ramisha

Raiden is annoying.  >:O He works for uhh.. whoever he works for to get money for his family. But he also gets a super expensive cutting-edge suit of armor and katana. Go figure...
Also, worst pony EVER
http://bronies.wikia.com/wiki/Marisa_Ariel_Dempsey
Her cutiemark is the symbol of a band. A real world band. That she's not a part of.
She's a vampony.
Her father is a character from a videogame.
She's an element of harmony? Come on!
Also a time traveler.

Please, if you are making an OC, do NOT make one like this.

Bro1997

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Aug 05, 15:47:29
Raiden is annoying.  >:O He works for uhh.. whoever he works for to get money for his family. But he also gets a super expensive cutting-edge suit of armor and katana. Go figure...
Also, worst pony EVER
Her cutiemark is the symbol of a band. A real world band. That she's not a part of.
She's a vampony.
Also a time traveler.

That OC doesn't even make any sense at all! An OC should have similar characteristics and personality as yourself. It's basically as if you were randomly just taken to Equestria and transformed into a cute pony.

Night Pony

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 16:31:49
That OC doesn't even make any sense at all! An OC should have similar characteristics and personality as yourself. It's basically as if you were randomly just taken to Equestria and transformed into a cute pony.

You don't know what an OC means...do you?

Bro1997

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Aug 05, 16:39:06
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 16:31:49

You don't know what an OC means...do you?

Yes, it means Original Character. Oh, I see what your saying now. lol  Your saying that OC's are actually supposed to be different in ways, but similar to you in terms of personality and such. I get it now. Like your talents might be different as a pony then human. Kind of misunderstood that on my part.

Night Pony

O.C. isn't bound by anything except your imagination (and the boundaries of the world you're creating him/her in). It doesn't need/have to be similar to you in any shape or form.
Sonas on the other hand (ponysona, fursone, persona etc.) are representation of you in a world. Them being 1:1 with your personality, likes/dislikes and etc.

cloudwilk

Also, worst pony EVER
She's a vampony.
Also a time traveler.

I feel a sense of Twilight with this one... and I'm not talking about an alicorn.

Bro1997

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Aug 05, 16:44:46
O.C. isn't bound by anything except your imagination (and the boundaries of the world you're creating him/her in). It doesn't need/have to be similar to you in any shape or form.
Sonas on the other hand (ponysona, fursone, persona etc.) are representation of you in a world. Them being 1:1 with your personality, likes/dislikes and etc.

I see what your saying. My OC is a alicorn that does things I could never do. Like everything about MLP, it's all about imagination and what you make it to be. My OC however does have my personality. I hope that answers your response.

Post Merge

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 05, 17:06:24
Also, worst pony EVER
She's a vampony.
Also a time traveler.

I feel a sense of Twilight with this one... and I'm not talking about an alicorn.

What Twilight are you talking about then? A Twilight that's not part of MLP.

Blaze

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 17:06:57

I believe Cloudwilk is referring to the infamous vampire romance saga, Twilight. Trust me when I say that you probably don't want to know anything more than that about the book series.
After reading part of that mess of a backstory, I definitely see the Twilight-like qualities! lol

Bro1997

Quote from: Blaze on 2014 Aug 05, 17:43:00
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 17:06:57

I believe Cloudwilk is referring to the infamous vampire romance saga, Twilight. Trust me when I say that you probably don't want to know anything more than that about the book series.
After reading part of that mess of a backstory, I definitely see the Twilight-like qualities! lol

Oh, the book series! lol What was I thinking about? I get so confused when talking about Twilight on this forum I'd think it meant the alicorn. Now I know. The qualities would fit it alright!

cloudwilk

My faith in humanity has been restored with the lack of understanding in the Twilight saga. I, personally, can't say much about it since I've never read it or watched the movies... but I've learned a lot about a bad fanbase when I see one. I was getting a similar vibe with the Jersey Shore and Justin Bieber crew. Both those shows and music of which I have not viewed or listened to, and frankly, I feel no loss.

It just makes me feel self-conscious about jumping the bandwagon when I personally haven't experience it for myself... So I feel the need to point my err out.

Bro1997

2014 Aug 05, 21:35:00 #113 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 06, 02:27:43 by Pipkin
Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 05, 20:13:34
My faith in humanity has been restored with the lack of understanding in the Twilight saga. I, personally, can't say much about it since I've never read it or watched the movies... but I've learned a lot about a bad fanbase when I see one. I was getting a similar vibe with the Jersey Shore and Justin Bieber crew. Both those shows and music of which I have not viewed or listened to, and frankly, I feel no loss.

It just makes me feel self-conscious about jumping the bandwagon when I personally haven't experience it for myself... So I feel the need to point my err out.

That's how I feel. I never bothered with Jersey Shore, Justin Bieber, or Twilight Saga. The only Twilight I like is that nice looking purple alicorn that lives in that new Friendship Castle in Ponyville. I have a crush on her and Fluttershy, BTW. SO CUTE!!! <3 <3

Moderator edit: Please refrain from smiley spamming in the future, thank you.

AaronMk

2014 Aug 05, 22:49:09 #114 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 11, 23:16:12 by Pipkin
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Aug 05, 03:29:36
I honestly prefer Vinyl as Raiden.

Sshh. No more tears.

Moderator Note:Please do not post sensitive material in the forums.  Thank you

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Bro1997

2014 Aug 05, 22:52:31 #115 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 11, 23:16:52 by Pipkin
Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 05, 22:49:09

Sshh. No more tears.

Isn't that a little inappropriate for this forum?

AaronMk

2014 Aug 05, 22:53:55 #116 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 11, 23:17:19 by Pipkin
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 22:52:31
Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 05, 22:49:09

Sshh. No more tears.

Isn't that a little inappropriate for this forum?

No tears now. Only Collective Consciousness.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

cloudwilk

Psshhh... I like the dark side of MLP as well....  ovO

Renatan

Guys, can we try to keep large images in spoilers?  X3
Beware the writer. She will feed off everything you say and store it into her memory, so don't be surprised if a few years from now you open up a book and see something you said years ago there. I'm always watching ovO

Bro1997

Quote from: Renatan on 2014 Aug 07, 20:56:13
Guys, can we try to keep large images in spoilers?  X3

I'll try to. Thanks! I know now not to because it'll slow down the thread. BTW, cute profile pic of Snowdrop. If that's her name.

Go Up