So How About Wacom Tablets?

Started by NinjaxTheHog, 2013 Jul 07, 05:31:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

NinjaxTheHog

So I was Looking for wacom tablets to use and i was wondering if any pony knew of the perfect one to just doodle and draw? anypony's help will be appreciated. Thank You! ;)
The Protector Of The Chaos Emeralds
image uploading site

Pipkin

I don't really use my tablet that much so I'm not sure what different perks different tablets have.

I just use a standard Wacom Bamboo tablet, works good for me, as an aspiring artist.  Only cost me $80 or so at Staples.

I'm sure just about any tablet would be good for doodling and stuff like that :)

Sea Foam

I use a Bamboo Create tablet which ran me somewhere from 150-200 dollars. If you're just going for something to doodle with, I'd recommend a cheaper 80 dollar tablet (Bamboo Connect). It would be smaller, but still functional if you're just doodling.
However, if art is something you really want to stick with, then you may want to consider investing in the bigger ones.

Just make sure you give time to get used to the tablet after you purchase one. They're awkward to use when you first start, but it's well worth it. It took me a few months before I started using mine effectively.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Science Woona

2013 Jul 08, 06:52:24 #3 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 08, 06:54:00 by Science Woona
I would get the Bamboo Capture, it's great for doodling, and it has touch stuff. It's about $99.00 on their website.

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2013 Jul 07, 14:08:00
However, if art is something you really want to stick with, then you may want to consider investing in the bigger ones.

Just make sure you give time to get used to the tablet after you purchase one. They're awkward to use when you first start, but it's well worth it. It took me a few months before I started using mine effectively.

What Sea Foam said about learning to use the Tablet is so true. It's like re-learning to draw.
Click the picture for my blog!

Check out my art thread!

Ronineter

currently i am using the Wacom pen tablet which i picked up for 20 euro(with some bargaining). In my opinion its a must the pen doesn't have to touch the screen all the time to see you're mouse. This spares the tablet and pen.
In my opinion this basic model is enough to get the job done and has more then enough precision.
But if you need more functions like touchscreen, thats up to you. Its alway handy to make a list of functions you need and want for this.

Also take in mind which software you use. I like to use software like Art-rage since this also measures the pen pressure while drawing.

NinjaxTheHog

Thanks For EveryPony's Responses i Have Purchased a Wacom Bamboo capture pen and touch Tablet And Cant Wait for it to come  <3
The Protector Of The Chaos Emeralds
image uploading site

Go Up