Started by Ellowee, 2015 Jan 23, 02:47:29

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Morphius

Quote from: katangel6 on 2015 Jan 23, 21:18:01
[move][/move] o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O

If anypony of you not noticed my complaint earlier... v

Quote from: Morphius on 2015 Jan 23, 20:28:35
It has come to my attention from Trend Micro that Legends of Equestria's Windows 64x bit (from MediaFire) of it's latest build had suspicious activities & was automatically removed by Trend Micro.
Is there another way to not almost get fully assaulted by viral acts (Do I select Windows Launcher or LoE Patches...?), or on the next build, be sure to test everything for viral activities...?

From the previous build I found, it didn't cause viral acts... Now this W64B latest build does. (Reminds me of Rockman 8-bit Deathmatch V4, that contained viral programming.)

I just need some guidance to know how to proceed safely. I may wish to try again at an alternative routine, but it might give the same results...

I await your replies...:I

katangel6

2015 Jan 23, 21:22:43 #261 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 23, 21:27:15 by katangel6
sigh well...

Ponies991087

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Jan 23, 03:08:50
i didn't even enter the game yet and i was already greeted by 2 nice Ponies ^-^

So i clicked on the launcher and the ponies came up, was there anything i needed to do?

Tiger

Quote from: Ponies991087 on 2015 Jan 23, 21:26:54
So i clicked on the launcher and the ponies came up, was there anything i needed to do?

You need to click Update.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Ponies991087

Pipkin

We have been having issues with the mediafire link working, but there is no virus in the 64bit build.

I have it and I have no issues

bronislav84

2015 Jan 23, 21:34:26 #267 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 23, 21:38:34 by bronislav84
Quote from: Tiger on 2015 Jan 23, 21:12:55
I'm not sure if it does, but 32 bit programs will still work on 64 bit systems so it doesn't make much of a difference.
Makes a difference to me. I want to run 64 bit on a 64 bit system. Kinda simple.

Mods can you please make the Launcher download the 64 bit client on a 64 bit system? Currently using the normal 64 bit client without any issue, but would just like to seamlessly update.

Or make a 64 bit launcher that downloads the 64 bit client?

Akilas

What are the "Hot "keys" in the controls of the game?
Excuse my english, my real language is Spanish, soo, if someone talk Spanish too, that will real awsome.

"Deal with it"

Sketch_Mythos

I tried to download the 64-bit version, since my PC is 64-bit, and after a while, it seemingly finishes downloading yet the .zip file is invalid and can't be opened.

Why is this happening?  :(
If you hypothesize the existence of something, it possibly exists elsewhere.

I wonder if magic exists?

Morphius

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2015 Jan 23, 21:32:49
We have been having issues with the mediafire link working, but there is no virus in the 64bit build.

I have it and I have no issues

Well, the thing was, I did do some thorough scanning with Trend Micro (before getting started), & it was safe (for the most part), however in preparations with configuring the controls to my appeals, Trend Micro automatically detected viral activity & I had no choice but to delete my first attempt.

How were you albe to not get assaulted for the 64x bit? You didn't follow the "Authorize Download" steps with the type-in-these-words procedure, did you...? o.O

ThePonyGuy1998

Quote from: Morphius on 2015 Jan 23, 21:41:34
Well, the thing was, I did do some thorough scanning with Trend Micro (before getting started), & it was safe (for the most part), however in preparations with configuring the controls to my appeals, Trend Micro automatically detected viral activity & I had no choice but to delete my first attempt.

How were you albe to not get assaulted for the 64x bit? You didn't follow the "Authorize Download" steps with the type-in-these-words procedure, did you...? o.O

It's safe, I don't think there are problems. I always download all the builds of the game and I haven't had any problems.
I am a 21-year old guy who played this game since 2014, and recently started playing it again in 2019.

I hope to play the game more often with some friends! I'm a Mexican Brony, kinda a veteran in LoE. ¡También hablo español!

PM me if you want my Discord username. I hope to see you in the game!

NatShadow

Bleh having to reinstall the 64 bit version. Guess it wasnt finished since the errors on winrar wont go away...e.e
~Shadow~

Greyscaleisme

2015 Jan 23, 22:03:57 #273 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 23, 22:10:19 by Greyscaleisme
The game launcher keeps giving me an error. Something about information not found....

EDIT: It says "Unable to read data from the transport connection: an existing connection" And that is the end of what I see.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Shadow Beam

So...

I tried to download the 32 bit Windows client, the zip wouldn't open since the files apparently were corrupted...

*sigh*
Hi there.

Pipkin

Quote from: Morphius on 2015 Jan 23, 21:41:34

I did, and comodo didn't freak out so it's safe

Rainbow Twist

2015 Jan 23, 22:12:29 #276 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 23, 22:17:21 by Rainbow Twist
Trend Micro is giving what is called a False positive.

This is just classic example of a AV not doing it's job really that well, instead flagging something that is clean while missing what isn't... Typically... hope you didn't pay for that AV.

Make an exclusion for LoE file in trend micro AV so that it ignores checking it.

Windows 8.x and windows 10 users may get a warning about running the program due to not being signed/verified or a potentially dangerous file. Simply hit more information and then click run anyways.

Those with windows VISTA/7/8/8.1/10 SHOULD have UAC fully enabled and at maximum value, The LoE client does NOT require administration rights provided you haven't installed it to a location such as the program files locations or some system folder locations.

IF an infection were present while UAC is enabled and running, it would trigger UAC prompt if something seriously malicious was being attempted (which having ran it already a few times, proved to be free of any.

IF YOU STILL feel that something might be up... feel free to view the test results of 52 scanners checking the file:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/243c6777e72f393e6efb9fb14a684c5ad11c33ba90bbabd90ebdb0c20d6cdad2/analysis/

notice not a single one of them found anything out of place.

Rapid Comet

Please....help  DD: what i need to do?  :c

Akilas

Wait until the server are open, just that
Excuse my english, my real language is Spanish, soo, if someone talk Spanish too, that will real awsome.

"Deal with it"

ThePonyGuy1998

Spoiler: show
Quote from: Rapid Comet on 2015 Jan 23, 22:16:51

Please....help  DD: what i need to do?  :c

Just wait until the servers are opened. ^-^
I am a 21-year old guy who played this game since 2014, and recently started playing it again in 2019.

I hope to play the game more often with some friends! I'm a Mexican Brony, kinda a veteran in LoE. ¡También hablo español!

PM me if you want my Discord username. I hope to see you in the game!

Go Up