Season 6 Discussion Thread

Started by Crescent Sun, 2016 Feb 14, 20:21:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Crescent Sun

2016 Feb 14, 20:21:51 Last Edit: 2016 Mar 27, 15:13:23 by Princess Darcy
As everyone may have noticed, the few times i write around here mostly are because i get overhyped... or because i've discovered something about LoE or MLP.
This time, indeed, I am overhyped! after reading a little leak buried in the Toy Fair presentation.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/02/season-6-of-my-little-pony-arrives-in.html

So... now it's official, in May we'll have the first episode of My little pony on air. But i am not sure about the day or hour..  so... i couldn't help myself and made a countdown to 1 May.

http://www.arewethere.yt/My-Little-Pony/38369.htm

Now is time to get hyped!

LostSanity

Did you only make this because you saw my post about this in the Smile thread?  :/

I kid I kid.

Either way it's good to see it's not going to be as long as a wait that it was for S5.

^-^
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Mizuki

• Awesome new Toy Fair Merch

• Season 6 confirmed for May of this year

• New Equestria Girls movie

All aboard the hype train!! toot toot!! :D

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

LostSanity

A new teaser was posted and it starts this month...

Spoiler: show
Starlight?

That's... just... great... (not...)

Well... what am I supposed to do now? I NEVER WANTED TO SEE HER EVER AGAIN. Because she's NOT REDEEMED.

Hmm... well...

Hmm...

I really don't want to leave the fandom...

Hmm...

The teaser did look good otherwise. Maybe the premier will be good enough to the point where NOT REDEEMED character can just be ignored?

That's what I'm hoping for at this point.  :l

Other than that I'm glad to see it's starting even earlier. This month even!!  O:

*The Encounter plays*

THAT'S RIGHT AWAY YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*throws bombs at everyone*

ovO

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: LostSanity on 2016 Mar 06, 17:59:09
A new teaser was posted and it starts this month...

Starlight?

That's... just... great... (not...)

Well... what am I supposed to do now? I NEVER WANTED TO SEE HER EVER AGAIN. Because she's NOT REDEEMED.

Hmm... well...

Hmm...

I really don't want to leave the fandom...

Hmm...

The teaser did look good otherwise. Maybe the premier will be good enough to the point where NOT REDEEMED character can just be ignored?

That's what I'm hoping for at this point.  :l

Other than that I'm glad to see it's starting even earlier. This month even!!  O:

*The Encounter plays*

THAT'S RIGHT AWAY YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*throws bombs at everyone*

ovO

Did you notice Starlight's friend was there at the very beginning of the teaser?! Maybe they'll fix that darn plot hole of "Why didn't you just write him letters or something?" Oooh, I hope they do!

Celestia and Luna are doing something! O:

I'm really not sure what to think about the fact that the baby shoots death rays when she sneezes. I kinda hope that's actually important to the plot and not just "Oh how cute/funny! You're supposed to laugh every single time it happens, even though it happens like 20 times in the entire two-parter!"

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

LostSanity

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Mar 06, 19:21:32
Did you notice Starlight's friend was there at the very beginning of the teaser?! Maybe they'll fix that darn plot hole of "Why didn't you just write him letters or something?" Oooh, I hope they do!

Celestia and Luna are doing something! O:

I'm really not sure what to think about the fact that the baby shoots death rays when she sneezes. I kinda hope that's actually important to the plot and not just "Oh how cute/funny! You're supposed to laugh every single time it happens, even though it happens like 20 times in the entire two-parter!"

I don't see how that will change my opinion on the matter. In fact, I don't think it'll change my opinion on the matter at all.

:s

Rasy (Flanniest Flan)

SHE STARES INTO YOUR SOUL!

LostSanity

Welp... here we go...

I promise I will try to make this the last time I talk about this.

With the season premiering next week... I guess it's time to start hoping that they don't put too much emphasis on the NOT REDEEMED character trying to get people to forgive her.

Because for me... that's likely NEVER going to happen.

If they do...

*sighs*

I don't know what I'll do...

I really don't want to leave the fandom... I really don't...

:'(

wingedpineapple

-sigh-
It's going to be a long year for glim glim.

Also, an almost-2minutes teaser has been released
[move][/move]

Guard120

Quote from: LostSanity on 2016 Mar 20, 18:20:29
Welp... here we go...

I promise I will try to make this the last time I talk about this.

With the season premiering next week... I guess it's time to start hoping that they don't put too much emphasis on the NOT REDEEMED character trying to get people to forgive her.

Because for me... that's likely NEVER going to happen.

If they do...

*sighs*

I don't know what I'll do...

I really don't want to leave the fandom... I really don't...

:'(

I feel your pain, All I saw from season 5 was that Decades of study and devotion meant nothing because they needed a plot device because they couldn't think of anything better. shameful. And through Starlight Glimmer we learnt that vindictive hatred and malice beats the magic of friendship.

I have already made my decision.

wingedpineapple

2016 Mar 24, 12:22:18 #10 Last Edit: 2016 Mar 24, 12:56:06 by wingedpineapple
Quote from: Guard120 on 2016 Mar 24, 12:05:15
I feel your pain, All I saw from season 5 was that Decades of study and devotion meant nothing because they needed a plot device because they couldn't think of anything better. shameful. And through Starlight Glimmer we learnt that vindictive hatred and malice beats the magic of friendship.

I have already made my decision.

Except that nothing of that happened. There was no plot device other that the time traveling, Twilight talked Starlight down. Twilight never used the magic of friendship because she wasn't with her friend, she used her own, as well Starlight never used "hatred and malice" she used her own magic.

If you want to leave,  leave but stop inventing reasons.

Are we gonna get a Season 6 discussion thread or...?
[move][/move]

Guard120

2016 Mar 24, 13:49:31 #11 Last Edit: 2016 Mar 24, 13:58:20 by Guard120
Fine. But if you think its ok for character who bullied and hurt others to be glorified, go ahead.

What if you had been in that situation? What if Starlight Glimmer had bullied you, then left you with emotional or physical pain, possibly for the rest of your life, yet you see her become popular and successful while you are left to pick up the pieces?

They went way too far.

I would argue that everything I have said is valid, but I won't bring up any more here.

I'm done in here and with pony.

wingedpineapple

Quote from: Guard120 on 2016 Mar 24, 13:49:31
Fine. But if you think its ok for character who bullied and hurt others to be glorified, go ahead.

What if you had been in that situation? What if Starlight Glimmer had bullied you, then left you with emotional or physical pain, possibly for the rest of your life, yet you see her become popular and successful while you are left to pick up the pieces?

That's more fair reason to hate Starlight opposite to the contrived ones that you gave before.
That's all I was asking for.
Have a good day.
[move][/move]

Maplewood

hmm it shall be an intersting  season

LostSanity

My opinion on her isn't changing either.

So I kind of understand where @Guard120 is coming from.

I'm giving it a chance but if I'm not pleased by the S6 season finale I'll be taking my leave as well and hopefully moving to the 'Guardians of Harmony' fandom

#CMPunkoftheinternet

wingedpineapple

I have to ask again.
Is anyone gonna make a season 6 discussion thread or are we gonna use this one?
[move][/move]

PrincessButton

Quote from: wingedpineapple on 2016 Mar 24, 19:23:18
I have to ask again.
Is anyone gonna make a season 6 discussion thread or are we gonna use this one?
I think it's appropriate to use this one, Pine.  ^-^
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Howitzer

We're at each other's throats and the season hasn't even started yet.

Looks like it's going to be a big one.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

LostSanity

Quote from: Howitzer on 2016 Mar 25, 17:29:28

Which wouldn't be happening if they stopped redeeming characters that don't deserve to be redeemed.

:s

wingedpineapple

2016 Mar 25, 18:33:50 #19 Last Edit: 2016 Mar 25, 19:00:09 by wingedpineapple
Quote from: LostSanity on 2016 Mar 25, 17:56:14
Which wouldn't be happening if they stopped redeeming characters that don't deserve to be redeemed.

I've come to the conclusion that just want to have this discussion over and over.

Quote from: Howitzer on 2016 Mar 25, 17:29:28

You have no idea.

On a more informative note:
Spoiler: About Glim Glim • show

Jim said in EqD that her role should be clear after the premiere.
So, let's see what happens with her tomorrow
[move][/move]

Go Up