Started by The Wandering Magus, 2012 Oct 24, 15:41:15

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julius

2012 Oct 24, 22:40:17 #40 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 25, 10:54:47 by Julius
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 24, 22:35:13
Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Oct 24, 22:18:49
IMO-SLOW, REALLY!?

I love how active this forum is comparing it to my clan's forums.  There hasn't been a post in my Server Admin section in 3 months, Clan Leader boards in 4 months, Clan member boards in 1 1/2 months, and I have Competition subforums that haven't been posted in for 1 Year and 8 months.  I've been searching for active forums because of this...

The inactivity has gotten to this point
Spoiler: show

I'm having a proper conversation with myself.....

:P well, slow for what it used to be x3 I know it's light speed compared to some forums, but i'm used to seeing bunches of yellow suns on the front page, not a whole lot of moons that stay there for hours

Eeyup!

It is not that I don't love Luna, I love Luna, but give me some of that Bright Celestial Sun you know? :]
Purr~

stealthunicorn

Heh... Well I am a gamer at heart really. I've been trying some new games out, cutting off any and all remaining accounts I have with Blizzard, and am just not that talkative X3

Until the game is out you may not see me much, though having now switched over to LoL completely as opposed to WoW I should have more time to give to posting here :D

And wow Julius... I think we may need to find you something to do lol
I imagine the game to go like this:
Me: "Enough already! you scare it awa..."
Someone else: "Leeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrooooooyyyy Jenkins!"
Me: ".... Dang it."

Julius

Purr~

stealthunicorn

Oh crud.... my bad. I had thought that you were the one talking to himself on a forum by mistake. Gah... Months of working until close and I am still not used to being up past 10pm.
I imagine the game to go like this:
Me: "Enough already! you scare it awa..."
Someone else: "Leeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrooooooyyyy Jenkins!"
Me: ".... Dang it."

Julius

Oh, it's alright.

And that's just LCS being Pinkie-Ish. Nothing weird with that am I right Laptop? lol
Purr~

Legulus

It is sad to see the forum being less active as it used to be, though I doubt it would ever be completely dead. There are many ponies here who are keeping certain parts of the forum active.

I've been neglecting to log on for a while, being busy. Even when I found the chance to post I just wanted to lurk. I will try to be more active however, as I hope others do  :]
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)
Thanks to Jenzy for mah avatar.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Legulus on 2012 Oct 25, 01:06:45
It is sad to see the forum being less active as it used to be, though I doubt it would ever be completely dead. There are many ponies here who are keeping certain parts of the forum active.

I've been neglecting to log on for a while, being busy. Even when I found the chance to post I just wanted to lurk. I will try to be more active however, as I hope others do  :]
glad to hear it x3
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

videogamehunter

I'm trying my best to come and post something on this site but I been way to busy. Mostly due to my work schedual is now rediculous. I use to work 6 of 7 hours a day but now our computers is doing the shedualing and it teriable at it making me work 8 or 4 hours a day. Also I be working by myself for 4 or 5 hours when were busy and they will schedual too many people at slowest part of the day.

Lary

Always lurking, but very rarely post anymore. Not much reason to, since so many people have given me reason(s) to avoid them.

I can't speak my mind here in the way I normally express my thoughts due to the strictness of the rules (something that cannot be helped; the rules are there for reasons and I understand that). That's what I have the site-which-will-not-be-named for to talk about pony-related material in ways I can convey them, along with discussions that aren't extremely biased (saying something negative about the show here, regardless if it's constructive criticism or just pointing out you don't like something, will get you attacked by at least 5 other forum members...).

I've been way too busy to partake in anything requiring constant attention (Thread games, Roleplaying) due to classwork, MMO addictions, and friends/family. I can't keep my Innocent vs. Corrupt thread game alive, I can't keep up with roleplaying, and discussions become too deep to allow my opinions.

And besides, (almost) all of the friends I made here I have outside contact with.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Oct 25, 14:33:59
Always lurking, but very rarely post anymore. Not much reason to, since so many people have given me reason(s) to avoid them.

I can't speak my mind here in the way I normally express my thoughts due to the strictness of the rules (something that cannot be helped; the rules are there for reasons and I understand that). That's what I have the site-which-will-not-be-named for to talk about pony-related material in ways I can convey them, along with discussions that aren't extremely biased (saying something negative about the show here, regardless if it's constructive criticism or just pointing out you don't like something, will get you attacked by at least 5 other forum members...).

I've been way too busy to partake in anything requiring constant attention (Thread games, Roleplaying) due to classwork, MMO addictions, and friends/family. I can't keep my Innocent vs. Corrupt thread game alive, I can't keep up with roleplaying, and discussions become too deep to allow my opinions.

And besides, (almost) all of the friends I made here I have outside contact with.
100% a problem here.Every time a person has a different opinion on a matter that is mostly loved everyone goes "How could you hate it?Why are you here if you don't like it?How dare you point out the flaws of a material that isn't godlike , and will most likely have flaws!" I really don't like people that think its a MUST to love everyone , and everything else because there is a lot of things wrong in the world , but apparantly not liking whats wrong with it means your not acting like a brony somehow.That should change.

GuitarBrony

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Oct 25, 14:43:55

100% a problem here.Every time a person has a different opinion on a matter that is mostly loved everyone goes "How could you hate it?Why are you here if you don't like it?How dare you point out the flaws of a material that isn't godlike , and will most likely have flaws!" I really don't like people that think its a MUST to love everyone , and everything else because there is a lot of things wrong in the world , but apparantly not liking whats wrong with it means your not acting like a brony somehow.That should change.

Totally agree. part of "Love and Tolerate" involves tolerating (well, accepting, i think) the opinions of those who disagree with you. I've never quite understood the idea that we need to be a hive-mind and all think the same way.

but i digress.

I'd post more on this forum, but I usually have no time to really dedicate to it. aside from schoolwork (and in college, thats a LOT...) I've been busy costuming. It's become a new hobby for me.

and TF2. but that falls under "addiction."
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

The Wandering Magus

glad you were able to contact them outside LoE too :)
Quote from: GuitarBrony on 2012 Oct 25, 15:55:27
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Oct 25, 14:43:55

Totally agree. part of "Love and Tolerate" involves tolerating (well, accepting, i think) the opinions of those who disagree with you. I've never quite understood the idea that we need to be a hive-mind and all think the same way.

but i digress.

I'd post more on this forum, but I usually have no time to really dedicate to it. aside from schoolwork (and in college, thats a LOT...) I've been busy costuming. It's become a new hobby for me.

and TF2. but that falls under "addiction."
that game seems really really popular nowadays :P  that and League of Legends, apparently.  Maybe that's where most of the members are.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

LaptopCommandStation

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 25, 00:01:26
Oh, it's alright.

And that's just LCS being Pinkie-Ish. Nothing weird with that am I right Laptop? lol

This made my day
lol

Ryo_D_Disk

Ryo rant commencing  ^-^
Well I do believe I shall way in on this point as to why the forums seem to be well rather quiet recently, honestly I'm under the impression its because the big buzz of stress test weekend, as worn off so pony's are now a bit bored. This point is not assisted by the fact things are becoming well more the same, thread games, RP's and Art are our biggest things ((your free to correct me if you think I'm wrong this is just personal opinion )) however large areas of the forums go unnoticed but this is a rant for another day.

Back to point the forums are mayoralty quiet due to boredom and lack of posting in new and interesting points then after a comment is made say revive a old thread, pointless rage ensues, and because of this threads die and get quiet, causing more silence but my hunches indicate if we are a bit more open minded with posting and try to get interest in some old topics as well as the buzz that will return from the new season starting soon, that may pick up the forums

Personally although this is a compete rant I'm going to look more in different areas of the forums to see if I can get some activity and logical debates back up but now Ryo rant over enjoy

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2012 Oct 25, 18:51:53
Ryo rant commencing  ^-^
Well, I do believe I shall weigh in on this point. As to why the forums seem to be, well, rather quiet recently, honestly I'm under the impression it's because the big buzz of stress test weekend has worn off, so ponies are now a bit bored. This point is not helped by the fact that things are becoming, well, more the same; thread games, RP's and Art are our biggest things ((your free to correct me if you think I'm wrong this is just personal opinion )), while large areas of the forums go unnoticed. but this is a rant for another day.

Back to point, the forums are mostly quiet due to boredom and lack of posting in new and interesting points. then after a comment is made, say, revive a old thread, pointless rage ensues, and because of this threads die and get quiet, causing more silence. but my hunches indicate if we are a bit more open-minded with posting, and try to get interest in some old topics as well as the buzz that will return from the new season starting soon, that may pick up the forums.

Personally, although this is a compete rant, I'm going to look more in different areas of the forums to see if I can get some activity and logical debates back up. but now, Ryo rant over. enjoy.

Glad to hear that you'll be looking in other parts of the boards ^-^

Ryo_D_Disk

well of course ive already made a bit of a mark in the audio threads next up hmm who knows video, writting hmm only time will tell  ovO

GalvinRoe

2012 Oct 25, 19:12:34 #56 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 25, 19:26:56 by GalvinRoe
Ahh, my friends! :3. Hope you are all doing well and hope this forum will pick up for all you dedicated forumers. Unfortunetly . . . I've never been a dedicated . . . anything, and unfortunetly I suspect this is the same, in some extent, for others, as well. After a time some people pack up and leave T-T. I still pop on, every now and again, maybe once a week or every other-week.

But, as is the way, I've begun feeling like a stranger here, so when I do appear, I appear for moments. A couple minutes, looking at one thing or another, but not feeling too motivated to post anything.

Besides, what would I post anyways lol? As I wouldn't be there to reply to any response I may recieve.

Either way, I hope you all are doing well and let's all hope the forums stay steady and interesting ^^.

Blues-Music

I honestly dislike the moderation.Ever since the last auditions everything has been too strict.Some threads get taken down without breaking the rules just because the question has been answered even though they are sometimes discussion threads.Warnings have randomly increased.So i'm sort of afraid to post anything.

Zaner-Boy

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Oct 25, 19:16:12
I honestly dislike the moderation.Ever since the last auditions everything has been too strict.Some threads get taken down without breaking the rules just because the question has been answered even though they are sometimes discussion threads.Warnings have randomly increased.So i'm sort of afraid to post anything.

This, very much so. How is it that when I post a bug, and everyone starts discussing the bug, does my post get locked up for being irrelevant. It's a bug, I posted it in the bugs section. HOW IS THAT IRRELEVANT?!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Oct 25, 19:21:08
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Oct 25, 19:16:12

This, very much so. How is it that when I post a bug, and everyone starts discussing the bug, does my post get locked up for being irrelevant. It's a bug, I posted it in the bugs section. HOW IS THAT IRRELEVANT?!

"If you have any questions or concerns PM (mod name here)." o_o

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up