previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Niyx

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:46:41
Quote from: Niyx on 2014 Aug 07, 22:44:58
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:37:34
Quote from: Niyx on 2014 Aug 07, 22:36:17
Time zones Fun for all... ish.

Anyways heres some north american time zones in order(when servers open)
PST/PDT - 9:01pm (Pacific)
MST/MDT - 10:01pm (Mountain)
CST/CDT - 11:01pm (Central)
EST/EDT - 12:01am (Eastern)
AST/ADT - 01:01am (Atlantic)

So people in Washington, Oregon, and California are already playing the game? And which states are on the Atlantic Time Zone? Because I'm on the eastern time zone.

There are no states that are in the Atlantic Time Zone. Some parts of Canada are though. And no people in those states are not playing yet. Everything is relative to EST in which the server is located. Those before EST like CST, MST, and PST, will be able to play at the same time relative to EST. Like i said before Time zones are fun...

So the game will start internationally at 12:01 AM in all of the United States and Canada basically? Meaning that if you live in the other time zones, you'll have to wait until 12:01 AM its around then be able to play. Why so long in Canada, though?

You just missed the point by miles. i live in MST so i am 2 hours behind EST. when EST hits 12:01am Friday it will be 10:01pm Thursday. Since servers open at 12:01am Friday EST it will mean that those exact same servers will be open at 10:01pm Thursday MST.

Bro1997

Quote from: LunarDusk on 2014 Aug 07, 22:49:57

So people in Washington, Oregon, and California are already playing the game? And which states are on the Atlantic Time Zone? Because I'm on the eastern time zone.

There are no states that are in the Atlantic Time Zone. Some parts of Canada are though. And no people in those states are not playing yet. Everything is relative to EST in which the server is located. Those before EST like CST, MST, and PST, will be able to play at the same time relative to EST. Like i said before Time zones are fun...

So the game will start internationally at 12:01 AM in all of the United States and Canada basically? Meaning that if you live in the other time zones, you'll have to wait until 12:01 AM its around then be able to play. Why so long in Canada, though?

Interesting

What's so interesting? The fact that Canadian Bronies have to wait so long before the start?

Post Merge

Quote from: Niyx on 2014 Aug 07, 22:51:40

You just missed the point by miles. i live in MST so i am 2 hours behind EST. when EST hits 12:01am Friday it will be 10:01pm Thursday. Since servers open at 12:01am Friday EST it will mean that those exact same servers will be open at 10:01pm Thursday MST.

Oh, okay then. Glad I live on the EST time zone though!  lol

Proudy Hooves

Screw these STs/DTs :U
GMTs rule :U
And now...everypony say FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN! :D
Your friendly casual-ish russian-speakin' brony.
Russian LoE Veteran, being around since 2013+!
|Mint Kingdom proud member| |Team La-Vo-Chka!~|
#12YearsOfMLPFIM #BoopOuttaNowhere #ThankYouG4MLP

ThePonyGuy1998

Quote from: Codefreak5 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:51:07
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:29:30
Well, that's ridiculous. How can I download the game when I'm sleeping at 3 AM in the morning. I won't be able to download it until 9 that morning!!! This is so confusing to me.  ono
I'm patient but I just want to know if I can download the game after servers are on. Or is it too late by then?
You can download the game after the servers start.

Codefreak5:
I guess they give us more time in Monday if that happens.

Well, according to my LoE clock, there are 56 minutes remaining
I am a 21-year old guy who played this game since 2014, and recently started playing it again in 2019.

I hope to play the game more often with some friends! I'm a Mexican Brony, kinda a veteran in LoE. ¡También hablo español!

PM me if you want my Discord username. I hope to see you in the game!

Bro1997

Quote from: Proudy Hooves on 2014 Aug 07, 22:53:05

How are you going to play LOE? You don't live in the United States? You follow Russia's time zone!

Niyx

I wholeheartedly agree with you. i wish i lived in Britian

hero4001

Bro1997

Quote from: Niyx on 2014 Aug 07, 22:55:13

I wholeheartedly agree with you. i wish i lived in Britian

I'd rather live in Germany, Canada, China, or Russia!

Proudy Hooves

Bro, yah, russian time zones are magic :D
And go-go-go-go! I hope the download servers won't be screwed up due to uploading client NOW not yesterday.

Night_Star030

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:33:21
Quote from: Night_Star030 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:31:42
Quote from: Dark Silvergun on 2014 Aug 07, 17:51:19
I'm wondering myself,
I thought the download link would be available by now,
but alas,
it is currently not.

So,
it's Waiting is Magic for now.

Seems they are a little behind with the build. But the moderator has posted it will be available 10 minutes before it opens. :I

Well, I guess it's because they're having problems with the servers. Technical difficulties I guess? The game is pretty advanced so I can imagine flaws in it. After all, if they're weren't, the game would already be officially released. But that will never happen in the next 50 years.

I wonder if it will be free or not. I cannot believe they will not charge some form of membership fee to play. All that time they put to develop the game, & time is money.

But I do remember a particular bug I encountered on the last open server weekend. When I used the 64 version, my little guy got stuck at the entrance of Sugarcane Corner (Sugar Cube Corner).  Using the 86 version got me out.

hero4001

Is the. Russia  Time verry magic  o.O

LitzieCreations

Sweet! I was hoping for a new open server weekend! I'm staying up tonight for once so I can play ASAP!
One hour left though... Time to catch up on Clannad  :D

Peace Keeper

Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Proudy Hooves

And that was very weird that client wasn't uploaded before test.
1 hour go-go-go-go!

Bro1997

Quote from: hero4001 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:58:56
Is the. Russia  Time verry magic  o.O

Not really. Just a different time zone. That's all. Not to mention it does sort of intersect with the International Date Line and where Proudy Hooves lives, it's now Friday!

Post Merge

Quote from: LitzieCreations on 2014 Aug 07, 22:59:23
Sweet! I was hoping for a new open server weekend! I'm staying up tonight for once so I can play ASAP!
One hour left though... Time to catch up on Clannad  :D

Can't play too long after the game starts. I'm really tired after all.

LunarNixie

so do i need a special program to download it or do i just download it? :o
Love and Tolerate, Friendship will always triumph.
Lunar Hex Got it memorized?

Bro1997

Quote from: LunarNixie on 2014 Aug 07, 23:01:14

Basically, you'll have to wait until the downloads page has links ready. It's a special program created specially for the LOE game.

hero4001

Oh tommorow im going to my Town when i was à kid  :3

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 23:02:27

Basically, you'll have to wait until the downloads page has links ready. It's a special program created specially for the LOE game.

I'd assume you just download and extract the game.
I don't remember clearly if you need the Unity plug-in
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Bro1997

Quote from: hero4001 on 2014 Aug 07, 23:02:45
Oh tommorow im going to my Town when i was à kid  :3

Hope you have a good time. And make sure your back to play some LOE. I hope I don't play too much!  lol

Post Merge

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Aug 07, 23:03:20
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 23:02:27

I'd assume you just download and extract the game.
I don't remember clearly if you need the Unity plug-in

I think you would. You do for the Pony Creator so makes sense.

Go Up