Open Server Weekend August 8th-10th!

Started by Ellowee, 2014 Jun 13, 09:53:42

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bro1997

Quote from: hero4001 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:33:29
1 more hours béfore fryday  O: they nedd to pût the game right now  ovO

It should hopefully be on by 11:50 tonight. I hope. Unless they're seriously having issues with the game. They might be having troubles getting the game to work or something.

Niyx

Time zones Fun for all... ish.

Anyways heres some north american time zones in order(when servers open)
PST/PDT - 9:01pm (Pacific)
MST/MDT - 10:01pm (Mountain)
CST/CDT - 11:01pm (Central)
EST/EDT - 12:01am (Eastern)
AST/ADT - 01:01am (Atlantic)

sonny_starbrite

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:29:30
I'm patient but I just want to know if I can download the game after servers are on. Or is it too late by then?

If it's like all the other times they've done this in the past few times, the download remains available Friday - Sunday.  Downloading the file can be tricky though, as they've in the past put it on a download site that has a bandwidth download limit, once reached, it blocks anyone from downloading anything until they either move the file to another download server or wait till the bandwidth timer resets.

Hopefully, they've fixed that this time around.

Bro1997

Quote from: Niyx on 2014 Aug 07, 22:36:17

So people in Washington, Oregon, and California are already playing the game? And which states are on the Atlantic Time Zone? Because I'm on the eastern time zone.

hero4001

Bro1997

Quote from: sonny_starbrite on 2014 Aug 07, 22:37:23
I'm patient but I just want to know if I can download the game after servers are on. Or is it too late by then?

If it's like all the other times they've done this in the past few times, the download remains available Friday - Sunday.  Downloading the file can be tricky though, as they've in the past put it on a download site that has a bandwidth download limit, once reached, it blocks anyone from downloading anything until they either move the file to another download server or wait till the bandwidth timer resets.

Hopefully, they've fixed that this time around.

Well, it is a pretty advanced game I'd say. It has 3D graphics and I'm certain there's still going to be problems with the download. I didn't have trouble however before. It just requires a long time because of how big the file must be.

Post Merge

Quote from: hero4001 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:37:43
Cool  :D im in est

Looks like we will be waiting until 11:50 PM tonight. If you are staying up then. That's when the downloads should be available.

Peace Keeper

Avantages of living in Las Pegasus (Los Angeles)

I play on Thursday  B)

Disadvantages, It ends at 8:00 P.M  :c
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

hero4001

Bro how do yu think the file is big   o.O

-ReiMar-

2 hours and 18 minutes for me to wait. Impatience~~
ovO

Bro1997

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Aug 07, 22:41:13
Avantages of living in Las Pegasus (Los Angeles)

I play on Thursday  B)

Disadvantages, It ends at 8:00 P.M  :c

It doesn't really matter however. Because I live near Baltimore (Actually town in both America and Equestria) and we have to wait until 12:01 AM just for the game to start. Hopefully though, it doesn't end at 8:00 PM.

Post Merge

Quote from: hero4001 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:42:33

Because the game is in 3D and has much things to do. Not to mention the textures add up the file amount.

Niyx

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:37:34

So people in Washington, Oregon, and California are already playing the game? And which states are on the Atlantic Time Zone? Because I'm on the eastern time zone.

There are no states that are in the Atlantic Time Zone. Some parts of Canada are though. And no people in those states are not playing yet. Everything is relative to EST in which the server is located. Those before EST like CST, MST, and PST, will be able to play at the same time relative to EST. Like i said before Time zones are fun...

sonny_starbrite

Quote from: hero4001 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:42:33

The one earlier this year, BABScon version one I think was when it happened, ZIPPED was around 340 Meg download.  Extracted file size was around 1.6 Gig.  At least mine was.

Peace Keeper

Actually, it's 1 hour and 15 minutes
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Bro1997

2014 Aug 07, 22:46:41 #473 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 07, 22:48:13 by Bro1997
Quote from: Niyx on 2014 Aug 07, 22:44:58

There are no states that are in the Atlantic Time Zone. Some parts of Canada are though. And no people in those states are not playing yet. Everything is relative to EST in which the server is located. Those before EST like CST, MST, and PST, will be able to play at the same time relative to EST. Like i said before Time zones are fun...

So the game will start internationally at 12:01 AM in all of the United States and Canada basically? Meaning that if you live in the other time zones, you'll have to wait until 12:01 AM its around then be able to play. Why so long in Canada, though?

hero4001

KrystalClear

Night_Star030

Well...

I got my little guy ready to go.  Once I import the codes for Night Star, first thing I do is get his golden helmet in the 1st quest in Cloud City, then earn bits to buy his boots & his side-saddle bags. Then I'm off to have fun! :D

Can't wait... :3

LunarDusk

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 07, 22:46:41
Quote from: Niyx on 2014 Aug 07, 22:44:58

So the game will start internationally at 12:01 AM in all of the United States and Canada basically? Meaning that if you live in the other time zones, you'll have to wait until 12:01 AM its around then be able to play. Why so long in Canada, though?

Interesting
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Bro1997

Verdant Tome

Well, that's ridiculous. How can I download the game when I'm sleeping at 3 AM in the morning. I won't be able to download it until 9 that morning!!! This is so confusing to me.  ono
You can download the game after the servers start.

Go Up