Season 5 Discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2014 Jan 31, 19:17:56

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chromastone64

Spoiler: show
Am I also the only one who noticed a few of the villains looked a little off at points? When Sombra appears, half the time it looks like he's just staring at the camera, and Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon's heads were kinda oddly shaped.
Also, I do feel the ending was a little hasty to reform Starlight and make her a friend. You don't just become besties with someone who almost wreaked the freaking timeline. I can definitely say that if I was there, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to be friends with her.
Also I probably would have tried to headbutt her every time she messed up the future.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Dawnstar

Honestly, I wouldn't call anyone besties or even plain friends with Starlight. They're giving her a chance because that's what they do and honestly I kind of expected this result given the show's track record. However, I wouldn't say they're friends with her at all.

Heck, Applejack pretty much said that they couldn't just let her go because of how dangerous she was.

And, to tell the truth, I think they made a good choice. Starlight had long-term, deep psychological issues that they only made worse when they came to her village, even if they didn't know it at the time. What they're doing now is giving her the help she needs while also having her close by so they can keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't relapse.

All that aside though, I don't expect Starlight to take a prominent role in the show any time soon. I expect we'll get appearances like we have with discord and maybe she'll get a support role like Spike, but full-on main character is stretching it.

-------

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Nov 29, 14:09:13
You know what's neat? Every time Dash was wearing a helmet, I recognized her from her eyes before I saw her tail. o_O

I know right? I've noticed it a few times in the show. She's just got those kind of eyes I guess.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Nov 30, 03:10:32
Am I also the only one who noticed a few of the villains looked a little off at points? When Sombra appears, half the time it looks like he's just staring at the camera, and Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon's heads were kinda oddly shaped.
Also, I do feel the ending was a little hasty to reform Starlight and make her a friend. You don't just become besties with someone who almost wreaked the freaking timeline. I can definitely say that if I was there, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to be friends with her.
Also I probably would have tried to headbutt her every time she messed up the future.

Chrysalis didn't have her bug voice anymore! ono

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Nov 30, 16:34:39
Chrysalis didn't have her bug voice anymore! ono

Huh. I never noticed that.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

McClaw

Here's a stray idea for fanfics or Season 6:
Imagine Sunset Glimmer and Trixie teaming up (maybe with others) as a sort of back-up team for the Mane Six.
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

Go Up