Psykai's Adventures

Started by Psykai, 2018 Jan 05, 05:37:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Psykai

2018 May 13, 21:53:00 #20 Last Edit: 2018 May 13, 21:54:43 by Psykai
Yeah that's pretty much how I am. Not to sound super edgelordy but I've come close to the end all a few times this year already, as recent as this week. It's a constant battle. One that I'm winning but, I don't really feel like a winner.

But! The resurrection of the thread is go.
-----------

Today was an interesting day for Gloomy, as he finally lost his 'Castle of the Two Sisters' virginity.

It was a little weirder to get to than he hoped so he probably won't go there often.

Once there though, he participated in his first Truth or Dare game in a while:

He was dared to watch a G3.5 episode, so-
*STATIC*
-his owner sat through Sweetie Belle's Gumball House Surprise... or something... like I care what it was called?! It was bad!
*STATIC*

Later, everypony went to relax and hang out at the Crystal Kingdom Spa.
It was an ok time but Gloomy continues to feel alone in a crowd and had to take his leave...
----------

^ Lackluster

I'll keep trying.
My Deviant Art (May contain mature content): https://sorrowfuldownpour.deviantart.com/
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY3bSOKONoU2rK4WTyoN60Q

Psykai

He acts cheerful... He tries to be nice... He jokes with the other ponies...

He pretends he is alright...

But he remembers who he is...

And then come the blackouts...

----

Today was pretty eventful! Gloomy managed to find his way to the Castle of the Two Sisters all by himself this time, and without getting lost once!

There was a great group of ponies there and much fun banter was had! They even joined a conga line!

Then, later, everyone returned to SCC for Jamie Cheer's surprise birthday party, where we all hid until she arrived:

SURPRISE!

The Birthday Pone was happy and the party commenced!

After a well-timed Pinkie Pie Party Anthem, the pones joined together for a game of Truth or Dare with some amusing results! Here's just a few of the pones who participated:

And with that, the day's festivities eventually drew to a close, but before heading home, Gloomy decided to take some time to himself in his special place:
My Deviant Art (May contain mature content): https://sorrowfuldownpour.deviantart.com/

Psykai

Today I have a story for you.

Gloomy Feathers, bless his soul, was happened upon by pure accident. Whilst browsing for pony art, I stumbled across an OC that looked so scarily like how I imagined myself as a pony, that I just had to use it. So I traced it, removed the horn, added some wings, changed the colours a little and gave it a new cutie mark, and thus, Gloomy Feathers was born.

Naturally, Gloomy looks different in LoE due to lack of similar mane, etc.

However, I have always been consumed with guilt that I essentially stole somepony elses OC, and I always wanted to redesign Gloomy, even if it just meant clipping a mane and tail from other characters/ocs and splicing them together to make a new one. The problem was, I could never really come up with anything and I was always worried that I'd never be able to recreate his new look if I wanted to draw him in different poses and such.

Finally, however, the day has. Gloomy is reborn!

I hope you like him. I butchered so many things on this, including too-thick and too-dark mane outline which ruins the whole thing, and it all came out way sloppier than I hoped. I still used the 'borrowed' OC as a base for the body/pose but the rest is traced from various other parts. His tail is actually copied from LoE and traced because I liked how it looked in-game, though it didn't translate too well...

Also, just for fun, I accidentally turned the brown of his mane blue during creation and it reminded me of 'Bluemy Feathers' in a ToD game and I thought it looked rather fetching, so here you go:

In other news, I'm also wishing to bring back my original OC, Raincloud Whisper (my forum profile pic) because the poor shy little thing just felt too delicate for LoE so I swept her under the rug. But I have such a soft spot for her and her personality/backstory that I want to bring her back, so I'm hoping to make a vector of her too soon.

I also want to make some 'info-graphics' of both characters using these new vectors (unless I can make a new/better one for Gloomy...) with their bios, likes, dislikes, occupations, etc. listed on them, so look out for those in the coming weeks ^_^.

Pumpkin Glow

I really like the rebooted Gloomy!  ^-^

Psykai

2018 May 17, 22:43:38 #24 Last Edit: 2018 May 18, 00:59:50 by Psykai
Thank you ^_^ It's growing on me too. I would legit have my mane like that irl if I could. Darn balding...
---------

I decided to forge ahead and try to get my character bios up because I just couldn't wait and I decided the 'info-graphic' idea wasn't going to work due to the sheer amount of text I wrote, so instead I'm going to stylize them on the forum. I'll post them below (beware the long post of doom) and then probably add them to the first post of the topic and update when necessary.

The first thing you'll probably notice is how similar the characters are (though I tried my best to edit their stories a little) because both are technically inspired by me as a pone. They're also very early WIP I guess, but that said, enjoy the edge.

GLOOMY FEATHERS

Race: Pegasus
Birthplace: Cloudopolis
Home: House in Ponydale
  • Flying
  • Daydreaming
  • Games
  • (Needs Updating)
Dislikes:
  • Bullies
  • (Needs Updating)
Bio:
Gloomy Feathers was born to Fairy Feathers and Coldwing (placeholder names?) in Cloudopolis, although Coldwing left when Gloomy was barely out of the womb due to unknown reasons that his mother refused to discuss. Gloomy himself was an oddball of a foal, with a high IQ and emotional intelligence, but not very book-smart, and he lacked the social skills that his peers seemed to have in abundance. Gloomy did not fit in well with the other foals, who teased and tormented him mercilessly, eventually driving him into deep depression that bordered on suicidal.
Gloomy was the last of his class to get his cutie mark. While the other colts and fillies were figuring out who they wanted to be, Gloomy had no idea who he even was. All he wanted to be was gone, for away from everything that was wrong in the world. He began to harm himself, ever ready for the day he went too far and simply ceased to be...
One such day came... The storm rain poured hard and Gloomy was ready to be washed away with it, however as he lay, waiting for the end to come, it didn't... He was discovered before it was too late, and soon he was back in the land of the living, and upon his flank sat a dark, stormy cloud with a single white feather adorning it. Whilst someponies may have seen this as a sign and been given a new lease of life, Gloomy Feathers was distraught, feeling that he was so useless that he couldn't even end his suffering properly, and now his flank was mocking him for it, saying "look, your talent is being the most miserable pony in existence!"
By the time Gloomy had reached adulthood, he had calmed somewhat, at least externally. He continued to feel the anguish, the desire to die, but they were subdued, as though he was so used to their presence that he was almost numb to them, and yet, not numb at all. He masked his feelings externally with a fake smile and a witty sense of humor that he had developed as a coping mechanism, often making jokes at his own expense before anypony else could.
Gloomy's mother, Fairy Feathers, suggested that now he was of age, he should move out and be independent, do whatever it is he wanted to do. The problem was, there was nothing he wanted, or at least, nothing he hadn't already tried...
Gloomy never did like Cloudopolis. He loved to fly, this was true, but he also loved the beauty of nature, trees, wildlife, the feeling of grass against his fur, and so Fairy Feathers suggested he move to Ponydale and get a completely fresh start. Gloomy was unsure if he wanted to move so far away from his mother, who had been the only pony to show him any kind of love and understanding, but she insisted it was for his own good and that he could visit anytime.
Gloomy thought long and hard, but eventually he decided to do it, and so he left Cloudopolis behind and found a small house in Ponydale, though he spent most of his time outside, enjoying the beautiful scenery, and he began to visit Sugarcane Corner, the local hotspot for parties and special occasions. Though for a while he found he could barely speak, he eventually began to settle in and even made some friends. He thought that would be enough to fix him, to make him a whole pony again, but yet the scars remain, and continue to breed, and Gloomy realizes that no matter how hard he tries, he will always be the same pony, the pony who always weathers the storm, except the storm never ends...

RAINCLOUD WHISPER

Race: Pegasus
Birthplace: Cloudopolis
Home: Cloud House on Outskirts of Ponydale
  • Flying
  • Quiet
(Needs Updating)
Dislikes:
  • Loud
  • Bullies
  • (Needs Updating)
Bio:
Raincloud Whisper was always a timid young filly and quite far behind in many areas of growth, yet far ahead in others. She became a quick and easy target for bullying and this was the driving force in the crippling anxiety and fear of other ponies that she has today, and as such she is easily offended and does not take 'harmless jokes' well at all. Raincloud felt as though she wasn't built for this world and was quickly broken. She became mute and would often take herself off somewhere solitude where she could wallow in the grief of her own existence. It was during one such time, that something miraculous happened. Dark clouds began to form in a small cluster above Raincloud's little head, and a gentle rain began to fall upon her. Raincloud was strangely comforted by this, and relaxed, her pain easing slightly. Over time, she discovered that whenever her emotions ran high, these clouds would appear, and in some instances, separate from her body, and eventually she was able to conjure rainclouds at will. Soon after this discovery, her cutie mark appeared; a gentle raincloud, which was fast becoming her greatest comfort. She began to carry a raincloud above her head everywhere she went, a constant soothing presence in her life, and has never removed it since.
Raincloud was raised by her mother, as her father abandoned them when she was too young to remember him, though Raincloud has never missed having a father figure due to the strong bond she has with her mother, who was like a best friend to her in those troubling times as a foal.
As soon as she was old enough to leave home, however, Raincloud left Cloudopolis and her experiences there behind and moved to the little town of Ponydale where she could begin her life afresh. Whilst this lifted her spirits slightly, she was irreperably damaged and struggled to settle. She tried desperately to find a purpose in Ponydale, such as a job, but everything she tried wound up another failure and she soon gave up and resigned herself to reclusiveness in her little stormcloud house on the outskirts of the main town, where she wouldn't bother anypony and nopony could bother her. Determined not to isolate herself entirely, Raincloud Whisper made her best effort to attend special occasions and parties, though she seldom spoke to anypony there. She also unofficially joined the Weather Team as a 'part timer' when they discovered her unique talents and requested her help when large batches of rainclouds were needed, which she gladly accepted as she knew it was something she could do alone.
Raincloud Whisper is truly a background pony, one who is often there, but seldom acknowledged except by those who wish to judge or jeer at her for being different. She is searching for a way to give her life more meaning in Ponydale...

-------
And that's that!

Psykai

It was when she was tucking into her morning muffin that she got the call from the post office.

"Derpy!" her manager cried, "the tickets to the Gala have arrived. We need all hooves on deck!"

With excited delight, Derpy rushed down to the office, put on her delivery uniform and hefted the full back of tickets onto her back, and then off she went!

((Yes, I legit fly to Cloudopolis, go to this spot, wear that outfit, and then go delivering))

Cloudopolis:

Cantermore:

The Crystal Kingdom:

and finally, Ponydale:

(And yes, Derpy needs to do the Winter Warm Up Quest)

In total, Derpy delivered 30 invitations today (at the time of writing this anyway), but she's far from done. There's still plenty of tickets to deliver and a whole week to do it in. Poor little Derpy will be rushed off her hooves!

But as the day draws to a close, Derpy returns to the office and relives herself of her burden:

((Yep. I do the same when I'm done too... I'm too committed to character...))

Now officially off the clock, Derpy returns to SCC for a well-earned muffin and party with her pony friends to celebrate Blue Cloud's Birthday!

A shot of the Birthday Pone:

I had a lot of fun playing as Derpy again and other ponies seemed to enjoy her too! Maybe I should use her as more than just event news-spreading :O Perhaps it's not just Raincloud who needs some love.

That's all for tonight ponies!

Psykai

Today was another busy day of Derpy Deliveries!

After which, Gloomy Feathers attended the Pumpkin Patch Campout!

There was a pretty good turnout!

But once again, Gloomy found himself getting lost in his thoughts, staring into the campfire as the voices around him blended into muffled noise.

Sorry for the short post today but I've been heavily distracted tonight :(

Psykai

*screams of agony*

*insane chuckling*

Psykai

Derpy was a busy muffin yesterday as she dutifully clocked in at the office before setting out to make her deliveries:

Unfortunately she didn't find many ponies she had not already delivered invites to and so she began to worry that she was going to fail to meat her quota! :o

Later on, Gloomy Feathers attended Fluffy Cloud's birthday party which saw a nice turnout:

The Cloud family looked very content as they celebrated Fluffy's special day together:

However, Gloomy wasn't feeling very good and so once the party subsided, he took his leave for the night.

Psykai

What a crazy day!

Derpy was up bright and early to deliver more tickets the Gala. Having found less and less ponies without tickets, she was in a hurry to make sure she spread the word as far as possible!

(I LOVE this shot!)

Unfortunately, in her haste, she took a tumble into the Cantermore Plaza fountain:

Derpy wasn't the only busy bee in Cantermore today! Gloomy Feathers took a trip to Dashing Delano's to pick out an outfit for Gala:

Whether or not he'll have a date for the night remains to be seen but he is determined to have a good time and socialize!

Once he was done, he met up with some friends at the Cantermore Cave:

Soon enough, many more ponies showed up and a game of Truth or Dare was commenced:

Though it didn't get very far thanks to strange magic that kept teleporting ponies out of the cave. Eventually, the number of ponies dwindled and Gloomy himself retreated home.

Derpy was able to complete her rounds with no more hiccups, but she was so tired and hungry that she couldn't wait until she got home to stuff a muffin in her mouth :3

Psykai

Wow, what a day!

Gloomy had already prepared his outfit for the Gala the day before so he was all ready to attend. His nerves were surprisingly calm for once and he had high hopes for the day.

Meanwhile, Derpy got up bright and early to take a trip to Ensemble to sort out her own outfit, as she'd been so busy throughout the week that she forgot all about it!

She then did her morning shift at the post office and got herself dressed for the Gala. After a week of delivering the invites, she was finally going to be able to just relax and enjoy the occasion herself!

Ponies arrived at Cantermore Castle early to help decorate and prepare for the night ahead and then took some group photos to commemorate their hard work, so I snapped one too!

When it become time for the Gala to begin, all the guests met at the foot of the hill leading up to the castle. There were a lot of ponies that turned up so early:

Gloomy was a little nervous, as you can see...

The ponies made their way up the hill where the two Ticket Masters, Guardian and Aquatic Showers, waited to check each pony in. Gloomy handed over his ticket:

Derpy, however, in all her bluster of delivering tickets over the last week, had forgotten to deliver her own! Luckily, Even Tide worked some pony magic and conjured one up for her and she was able to cheekily get in anyway!

And with that, Gloomy and Derpy were ♪at the Gala♪, together, for the first time ever, after a long week of grinding!

Unfortunately my PC couldn't handle running two instances of the game at all and I had to fudge the rest of the night by switching between the two ponies and being all "oh just pretend they're doing X activity whilst the other pony is in..." I was mucho disappointed...

The welcoming ceremony got underway and everypony was very excited!

Even Ellowee made a brief guest appearance early in the evening to join in with the dancing!

The music was provided by talented local DJ Random Fandom, who did an amazing job of providing a wide variety of fun tracks for the ponies to enjoy!

Gloomy and his honorary sister of a sister hit the buffet table and got their snack on. They even ate in synch! O_o

Later everypony formed a massive dance circle as they prepared to crown the Gala Royals!

And the winners were...

Wordsmith and Clever! It was such a special moment to see the humble Wordhorse get such a warm reception from everypony.

Then, the Wonderbolts gathered to ready themselves for their routine, which they spent the better part of the week practicing for, even slotting in a final practice moments before the Gala began!

Everypony gathered to watch the show, which was easily their best shot at the routine so far. Clearly the 'bolts were inspired by the terrific atmosphere of the night.

Unfortunately I couldn't get any photos of the actual routine, but hopefully there are videos somewhere around the interwebs!

Derpy was having fun just dancing around and eating the muffins:

However she soon grew tired from her busy week and retired from the Gala early, missing out on the closing ceremony.

As the night drew on, Gloomy began to feel lonely in a crowd, and as love appeared to be blooming all around him, he couldn't help but feel a little jealous of the other ponies.

One such couple was the adorable friendship-turned-young-love of Scoots and Flurry Heart, who's presence brought joy and the 'aw' factor to the whole event.

He eventually went for a walk in the castle gardens which helped him clear his head and he soon returned to party with his fellow pones!

Eventually, the Gala came to an end Holiday Cheer delivered a moving speech that ponies will be sure to remember for a long time!

Fun fact: a maximum of 84 ponies were at the Gala at a single point in time!

The fun didn't stop there, however, for an after-party was held at SCC:

It didn't take long for the ponies to drift home though, exhausted from the night's events.

Gloomy eventually retired to his favourite spot for some peace and quiet reflection on what had to have been one of the most special days he'd spent in Equestria:

Though it was not without some bittersweet moments, Gloomy will never forget this day.
------

WOW! What an epic day, and what a mammoth post... I hope everypony enjoyed it! I found the event to just be an amazing show of our community and what we can do.

There were some sad feels mixed in for me too, such as a sense of lonliness in a crowd and seeing everybody else having probably more fun than I'm able to, but it was still a lot of fun and I can't wait to see more events like this in the future.

Psykai

Wasn't going to post anything today but I managed to glitch jump behind a chair in the spa and got stuck lol I could walk (all of an inch) and emote but couldn't squeeze my way out

Doesn't he look like a naughty child that got caught misbehaving?

Thankfully the gods intervened and reset the server literally seconds after this, freeing the poor misfortunate Gloomster.

So naturally the first thing I did was try to do it again.

And I did.

:]

Psykai

Not much going on lately but last night some ponies gathered in the CK Spa and played a game of Truth or Dare:

There was a very 'foody' theme, when many ponies being dared to change their names and colours to resemble food. I wanted to get a group shot once everypony had been 'foodified' but many players had to leave all at once and the game drew to a close.

Psykai

A gnarled hoof creaks through a gab in the floorboards and lobs a sceenie at the topic:

Taken just before the Wonderbolt performance.

Happy Anniversary LoE.

Go Up