[How-To]Profile Picture and Signature Picture

Started by Pipkin, 2016 Jun 11, 14:21:52

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Pipkin

2016 Jun 11, 14:21:52 Last Edit: 2018 Jan 04, 03:07:51 by Princess Darcy
I have no idea what board to put this under, so it'll stay here until I get an answer from the team.

I've seen a lot of people asking how to add images as profile pictures and signatures.  Understanding how BBCode on this forum works would help you, especially for signatures if you want to make a more complex one, with an image and text.  You can play around with the BBCode and see what it does with the buttons above your text box when you make a forum post, reply, or Private Message and hitting the "preview" button below.

For adding images to your profile and signature:

First thing you gotta do is find the picture(s) you want to use for your avatar or signature.  If they are not hosted on the internet you need to upload them somewhere(I use www.imgur.com).  You need the link to the picture itself(Usually by right clicking a picture and clicking "View Image" and copying the address in your address bar, or "Copy Image Location".  With my avatar as an example that would get you a link similar to http://i.imgur.com/HyfLPoc.png .  Note, it needs to have an extension at the end, like this one has .png.  Extensions like .jpg,.gif and .bmp work as well, but .png tends to be better quality.  If the image does not have an extension in the address bar, right click the picture and select either "view image" or "open image in new tab" or "copy image location/address".

Once you have the pictures, go to your profile ->forum profile at the top of the screen.

For your avatar, select "Specify avatar from Url" and paste the link to your picture there.

For signatures, you use BBCode.  All you'd need to use for a picture is "img" tags.  You use them around your image link.  To center it like mine, use
Code Select
[center] and [/center] at the start and end of your signature message.
eg.
Code Select
[center][img]Image URL Goes Here.png[/img][/center]
Let me know if you have any questions, or something should be updated or better worded :).  Also, if you feel something should be added to this post also let me know here and I may add it. 

Cardboard

Is there a BBC code thread or is this being used for it?

Code Select
[color=#FF0000]text[/color]
makes: text
(the #numbers are called Hex codes)

Code Select
[b]text[/b]
Code Select
[i]text[/i]
Code Select
[u]text[/u]

Feel free to drag this over someone's avatar for brief entertainment.

MarblePie

seeing if my picture is there :3

Edit - Yay i did it right xD

Asriel

I tend to use weebly (a website creator) to upload my pictures. That makes sure that the pictures load fast, since the site has no traffic, and it makes sure the link always works. (I have seen far too many examples of pictures failing to load.)
"Henceforth," Ditzy continued, "you shall observe Muffin Monday on the first Thursday of every August! You shall commemorate it... with a minute of solemn silence for reflection on the fragility of life. And then, muffins!"

Astranacus

Pipkin

Thank you.  Please like, comment, subscribe, follow my facebook, twitter, linkedin, myspace, and donate to my nanachi/coffee addiction fund.

Frisktaker

This was good. I was disappointed at first that you could only have one image, but I found a workaround by using an animated gif. Now I can show off my characters in my sig.  :D

Noodle Script

I'm the next one to thank you.

Thank you.

Go Up