Day cycle bug

Started by Crimson Tail, 2015 Mar 17, 18:51:30

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Crimson Tail

This bug happened during the February OSE, when I stayed at the Heartlands until sunrise, it was still dark after the sun has risen. However, it'll sort itself out when going to another map and back. Weird...
Profile image by LunaEclipsa, uncropped

CMC Scootaloo

@Crimson_Tail

This is not a bug. That just happens when the sun isn't fully up yet. Some darkness of the night is still left at this point and only disappears once the sun is up completely.
It's just part of the process that it becomes brighter the more the sun rises up.
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

Natfoth

@CMC Scootaloo

@Crimson_Tail is correct that there was a bug during the OSE. Eternal night had infected the game so if you logged in during the night then the night would last forever. I banished the creature though so everything should be back to normal during the next event.
Programmer Natfoth
The Experienced
Programming Lead[br]
Design by Princess Oliver, Avatar by CrabApple, OC by Natfoth

CMC Scootaloo

@Natfoth

Quote from: Natfoth on 2015 Mar 18, 12:31:31
Crimson_Tail is correct that there was a bug during the OSE.

So, everything was stuck in the "Sun's partially up and it's not completely bright yet" state?

QuoteEternal night had infected the game so if you logged in during the night then the night would last forever. I banished the creature though so everything should be back to normal during the next event.

Awww, it's too bad that this didn't happen to me. I remember having myself logged in during the night here and there, but it went away like it should. ono
Can this please be a thing in the finished game somehow? :luna:
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

CrazymattCaptain

@CMC Scootaloo
@Natfoth
Quote from: CMC Scootaloo on 2015 Mar 19, 13:24:38
Awww, it's too bad that this didn't happen to me. I remember having myself logged in during the night here and there, but it went away like it should. ono

or better yet an area where the ground is dark during the day with a sun in the sky and bright during the night with a moon in the sky.
A Discordant Realm or something like that.   :D
The Crazy Pink Pony of The Brony Show
CrazymattCaptain
thebronyshow.net

CMC Scootaloo

@CrazymattCaptain

Quote from: CrazymattCaptain on 2015 Mar 19, 16:42:11
or better yet an area where the ground is dark during the day with a sun in the sky and bright during the night with a moon in the sky.
A Discordant Realm or something like that.   :D

The funny thing is, it would be accurate to real Equestria even. In the first arc of the official comics, Twilight pulled out a map where a spot with strange anomalies can be seen and that is called "Sight of the Battle of Discord" (or something similar, I don't remember exactly right now).
It does not get explained what happened there, but some discorded things are sure going on there, so it's not farfetched that there is a landmark in Equestria where Day and Night are reversed. :D

Crimson Tail

Quote from: CMC Scootaloo on 2015 Mar 19, 13:24:38
@Natfoth

So, everything was stuck in the "Sun's partially up and it's not completely bright yet" state?

It would even stay dark like this, even if I manually set the in-game time to 9 AM
Profile image by LunaEclipsa, uncropped

CMC Scootaloo

@Crimson_Tail

Quote from: Crimson_Tail on 2015 Mar 21, 11:36:00
It would even stay dark like this, even if I manually set the in-game time to 9 AM

True Eternal Night. How beautiful. :luna:

Howitzer

I found that it will stay dark if you use the code to raise the sun, but if you log out and re-log in, then the entire map changes to full daylight.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Go Up